PDA

View Full Version : Please come write letters to support Elena Dementieva here.

moo_ont
May 11th, 2004, 09:45 PM
fresh2fresh, may I write a letter to support Elena? I think she is facing a very difficult time right now. I cannot help her with the tennis matter. However, I would like her to know her fans still support and believe in her. And, we can wait for better results from her no matter what.

If I may do so, in case Elena does not come to this board, could you print it out and give it to her? Thanks so much in advance. :)

tenn_ace
May 12th, 2004, 04:58 AM
it's perpetual with Lena... I mean, difficult time. You would have to write letters to her very often, moo_ont... unfortunately. :(

moo_ont
May 12th, 2004, 04:47 PM
tenn_ace :bigwave: Actually, I am pretty used to Elena's losses. However, I think the situation is a bit different here. First, Elena was not selected to play Fed Cup in which she had played most of the time. Then, there was news that she might not be selected to play the Olympics either.

Besides the non-selection, Elena has been trying to change her serve. And, now she has a coach traveling with her. Anyway, things are not going well with her right now. She has to deal with many issues. I just wanna support her. Thatís all. :)

I hope fresh2fresh comes check this board before he leaves to FO.

Mathijs
May 12th, 2004, 07:07 PM
tenn_ace :bigwave: Actually, I am pretty used to Elena's losses. However, I think the situation is a bit different here. First, Elena was not selected to play Fed Cup in which she had played most of the time. Then, there was news that she might not be selected to play the Olympics either.

Besides the non-selection, Elena has been trying to change her serve. And, now she has a coach traveling with her. Anyway, things are not going well with her right now. She has to deal with many issues. I just wanna support her. Thatís all. :)

I hope fresh2fresh comes check this board before he leaves to FO.
heya Moo :bigwave: , i ave seen the thread, so i will try this week or next week (not sure) to write a letter for Lena here so fresh will print and see it ok?. Moo don't be sad about Lena's situation i think she'll come out of it very soon :D, but it takes time to change you're serve sadly but we'll be cheering for her even in bad times ok?? she never let us down and we never let her down :) :D :bounce: :worship:, isn't Olga Lena's coach anymore??, sorry guys i didn't really follow it cuz i don't have much time. and yes where is fresh?? :confused:

cool_olga
May 12th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Good idea Moo! :)
I think Elena would be happy. Maybe you can write this letter and everybody, all her fans would sign their names below, then she would know she has many supporters no matter what her situation is :yeah:

Mathijs
May 12th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Good idea Moo! :)
I think Elena would be happy. Maybe you can write this letter and everybody, all her fans would sign their names below, then she would know she has many supporters no matter what her situation is :yeah:
C_O i think that's a great idea!! :yeah: yeah then she would now how many supporters she has, and that'll make her stronger i think :D

DEETHELICK
May 12th, 2004, 10:56 PM
I too would like to wish Elena the best of luck and to persevere throughout all these changes. The results will come, but she must totally committ to Olga's coaching. And that means using the serve.

I have full faith in our girl, if there is anything Elena has got back over the last year, it is a willingness to fight and work hard! She needs to find that focus again and just build upon her strengths :)

You are my Russian No. 1 :D

goldenlox
May 12th, 2004, 11:03 PM
I would tell Elena that she is doing a great job. She is still in the top 10. There are only 9 others in the world.
I would say "do what you think is right, and do it the best that you can."

Stephieva
May 13th, 2004, 02:19 AM
me wants to say to lena that...
plz be patient & dun give up on what lena is trying to do...
me blives in lena..lena will succeed on having a betta serve soon...
me is v proud of being lena's big fan...
thanx...:)

cool_olga
May 13th, 2004, 02:30 PM
So...I think that it would be good to make it like that: Everybody who want would write short note with what he/she wants to say to Lena and we would put it all together and give in adition to Moo's letter :)
Hope Fresh can give it :rolleye:

fresh2flash
May 13th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Hey! We already wrote a letter like this for Alyona about 2 years ago. Why not do it again? I agree.

TheBoiledEgg
May 13th, 2004, 02:41 PM
we all wanna wish her the best and get thru this troubled moment.

She came thru it before, she will do so again :)

ys
May 13th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Hey! We already wrote a letter like this for Alyona about 2 years ago. Why not do it again? I agree.
You mean, you can confirm that she actually read it?
:eek:

moo_ont
May 13th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Thanks so much. :worship: I will change the topic of this thread to let Elena's fans write letters to her. And, next week, I will collect them and put into one letter.

fresh2flash
May 13th, 2004, 02:54 PM
You mean, you can confirm that she actually read it?
:eek:I can confirm only that she confirmed it.

Edit: If you have to trust e-mail you will never be sure.

cool_olga
May 13th, 2004, 02:55 PM
That's so cool Fresh :D

Maybe we could write one to Nastya too? She has hard times at the moment also :rolleyes:

ys
May 13th, 2004, 03:26 PM
That's so cool Fresh :D

Maybe we could write one to Nastya too? She has hard times at the moment also :rolleyes:
For Nastya it is more difficult. Clay is just not her cup of tea. Elena can play really well on clay.

- L i n a -
May 13th, 2004, 03:27 PM
I could also write letters to Bovina, if anyone wants...

Of course, nobody cares about her.

Stephieva
May 13th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Elena can play really well on clay.but now lena doesn't play well on clay...:crying2:
and lena has real f*ckin draw...

anyway...me will write new letter...
with proper grammar. :)

goldenlox
May 13th, 2004, 03:31 PM
These are professional athletes. What can we tell them that they don't know already?

cool_olga
May 13th, 2004, 04:50 PM
We aren't writing this to tell them any techniqal stuff or something. We just can support them as much as we can :)

AKTW
May 13th, 2004, 04:52 PM
I hope Elena is still working well with Olga.
I believe Elena can improve despite the difficult time.
Elena is already a great player. We just have to support her no matter what.
Tell her that there are many of her fans rooting for her. She played so well in Miami. She can definitely do it again!

moo_ont
May 13th, 2004, 05:12 PM
BTW, I wonder what I should do. I think quoting you guys' message with your names may be nicer. Or, do you want me to gather all of your messages to write into one letter. Let me know? Thanks. :)

cool_olga
May 13th, 2004, 05:50 PM
I think it would be good if everybody wrotebtheir message and name they want it to be signed with. I think you could write what you want Moo and below put all those other messages. That's just my thought :rolleyes:

moo_ont
May 13th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Ola, thanks so much. I think it's a good idea. :)

cool_olga
May 13th, 2004, 06:37 PM
It's cool :) I remember one girl that was making special book for Capriati. As far as I remember she collected all messages from fans and also printed their pics, if they had with Jen they gave with Jen and if not just of theirselves. She printed that in that book, alltogether and gave her :)
Jennifer was really happy.
I hope Elena will also be :yeah:

Mathijs
May 13th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Hello Elena!!

I wish you the best of luck in Paris at the FO, i hope you'll get a good draw, and get as far as you can go, well i wish you also alot of luck with changing you're serve, i know that it is hard to change it, but i think you will succeed in it Lena, no matter how long it takes. You are having alot of supporters here on wtaworld they all support you, even through the rough and tough times!!
you are one of the greatest players on the WTA Tour i truly believe, so i think that better times for you are coming really fast. So i believe that you are going to play your best tennis again, and believe in yourself and stay psotivite then the good results i think are coming fast. I wish you the very best of luck in your further Tenniscareer. Best, Mathijs

BTW Moo you can put my name to the list as well okay?.

Cassius
May 14th, 2004, 01:30 AM
I don't know why none of us thought of it earlier. Well done Moo for thinking it up.
Please could you add me to the list of supporters? I was on it last time, 2 years ago (it doesn't seem like that long ago does it?), and it'd be great to be on it again (although I do share ys' shock that Elena actually read it).
But hey, I always said she seems like such a nice girl.

moo_ont
May 15th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Thanks, Cassius. I will definitely add you to the list of supporters. :) I will collect all notes either Tuesday or Wednesday. And, I will send PM to fresh no later than Thursday.

bubble
May 15th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Dear Elena,

The going may be tough at the moment but please keep trying and improving and the rewards will come. We, your fans at WTAworld.com will keep supporting you and behind you all the way.

Hope that you will do well at the French Open and looking forward to your matches and may you win them all! :)

Stephieva
May 16th, 2004, 05:24 PM
this is my letta with a little proper grammar...:p

Hello Lena! I am a big fan of yours. It must have been a hard time for you when you try to change some major things in your game. It is not gonna be easy and it sure takes time. But, you are doing the right thing to improve your serve and your game. You are the greatest player for me. I truly believe you can do it. I am very proud to be your fan. I can wait until the result comes. Even though we, your fans at wtaworld.com, canít go to tournaments to watch you play, plz know we all cheer for you right here. And, our hearts are with you when you compete. Good luck in RG...Steph.

DEETHELICK
May 16th, 2004, 10:01 PM
You can count me in too!

Elena is a great player, who has reached so high in the world, without fully tapping into her great potential. She needs to believe and we as fans fully believe in her. Make some changes, even if you lose, we are still 100% behind you. I know that our Elena can rise again and again.

It is the tough times that make you a stronger person and a better player. Work hard and believe in yourself always!

My Russian No. 1 :)

Hantuchov
May 17th, 2004, 01:24 AM
me wants to say to lena that...
plz be patient & dun give up on what lena is trying to do...
me blives in lena..lena will succeed on having a betta serve soon...
me is v proud of being lena's big fan...
thanx...:)

I just love the way you talk :hug: :lol:

Stephieva
May 17th, 2004, 01:25 AM
moo...maybe ya dun see it...
me puts this for ya...
from jingspocket...
v nice poetry...:)

"It's not make-believe,
It's just made from a leaf,
A leaf carried through the wind,
Like a thought and with a prayer
to bring you good wishes
for you are a good player!

It's made for you to believe,
It's to lead you to victory,
'Cause a win is a win,
No matter what the story,
You can always come from behind,
And that is THE HUGE GLORY!"

I dedicate this poem just now to Elena. Hopefully she will read it folks! Thanks and good luck to Lena!
from Danny the poetic jinx ;)

Stephieva
May 17th, 2004, 01:27 AM
I just love the way you talk :hug: :lol:
me hopes it's a compliment...:lol:

Hantuchov
May 17th, 2004, 01:31 AM
me hopes it's a compliment...:lol:

Yes, it is! ;) :hug:

the cat
May 17th, 2004, 02:23 AM
Elena darling, I'm a very big fan of yours. I have been a fan of yours since 1998 and I've enjoyed watching you grow into a top ten tennis player and a beautiful young woman! :D I know your going through some tough times as far as your game is concerned. But once you get your serve sorted out you will play the best tennis of your career! :bounce: And I look foward to seeing you play your best tennis in the years to come. :)

Udachi Elena! :bounce:

P.S. - Elena, one of the reasons I like you is because you're cat lover just like me! :cat: :cool:

fresh2flash
May 17th, 2004, 09:17 AM
:D at Cat's P.S. ;)

goldenlox
May 17th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Maybe we should write poems to the players -

Roses are red, they blossom in the sun;
Improve your serve, and you'll be Russian #1.

Stephieva
May 17th, 2004, 09:40 PM

Improve your serve, and you'll be Russian #1.gee-al...me luvs your poem...
moo...plz add this poem...

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

cool_olga
May 17th, 2004, 09:43 PM
That was good goldenlox! :lol: :yeah:

Stephieva
May 17th, 2004, 09:51 PM
gee-al...plz write longa than this...
it'd be v good poem...
c'mon :shout:

Mathijs
May 17th, 2004, 09:56 PM
okay steph i've seen it :lol:, well good Poem GL that's very kind of you :D :)

steph Moo will do it i am sure of it!!! :lol:

goldenlox
May 17th, 2004, 10:13 PM
gee-al...plz write longa than this...
it'd be v good poem...
c'mon :shout:I'll write another one tomorrow. I can think of one about Lena B., but I'll save it.

Stephieva
May 17th, 2004, 10:16 PM
I'll write another one tomorrow. I can think of one about Lena B., but I'll save it.gee-al.....:worship:
me looks forward to reading both poems...
me luvs it v much....v v v v much...:hearts:

goldenlox
May 17th, 2004, 10:22 PM
The Lena B. poem -

Roses are red, I love to receive them on a date;
Lena B. can play good tennis, if she would only gain some weight.

Stephieva
May 17th, 2004, 10:26 PM
The Lena B. poem -

Lena B. can play good tennis, if she would only gain some weight.:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

gee-al...v v v v cool poem....:yeah:

moo_ont
May 18th, 2004, 03:31 AM

Okay! I will add GL's poem to her original note. GL, your poem is so cute and awesome. :yeah:

Hantuchov
May 18th, 2004, 04:11 AM

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Very very very cool! :lick: :worship:

Hantuchov
May 18th, 2004, 04:13 AM
The Lena B. poem -

Lena B. can play good tennis, if she would only gain some weight.

LMAO!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stephieva
May 18th, 2004, 10:17 PM
bump...
gee-al...me is waiting...:bounce: :bigclap:

goldenlox
May 18th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Roses are red, they bloom when we get our tans;
Keep a positive attitude Lena, you have a lot of fans.

Violets are blue, they smell oh so sweet;
Win matches in Paris, and that will bring an Olympic treat.

Stephieva
May 18th, 2004, 10:39 PM
gee-al....:bowdown: :hatoff: :rocker:

v nice poem...me luvs it v muchhhhhh..............:hearts:
lena will sure luve it too...:)
me thinks ya betta write poems instead of general posts...
would be v cool.

goldenlox
May 18th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Motivational poetry. Maybe it works.

Stephieva
May 18th, 2004, 10:52 PM
me luvs your poem...v meaningful...:)
lena will sure luv it...
ya talked about olympic...lena's goal...:yeah:

goldenlox
May 18th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Lena's goal is also to get her serve in. Then the Olympics will be there.

moo_ont
May 19th, 2004, 12:50 AM
Roses are red, they bloom when we get our tans;
Keep a positive attitude Lena, you have a lot of fans.

Violets are blue, they smell oh so sweet;
Win matches in Paris, and that will bring an Olympic treat.

nice poem, indeed. I will add this one as well, so GL has 2 poems for Elena. :)

goldenlox
May 19th, 2004, 12:56 AM
As I said before, Lena knows what she has to do. She's been a professional for years. I saw a tape of her beating Venus in 1999. 5 years ago.

moo_ont
May 19th, 2004, 01:01 AM
Agreed, GL. From your poems, you have shown how suppotive you are to Elena as well. She may need it more than any suggestions. :)

BTW, how was Elena playing against Venus? I recall Elena beat Venus 7-6 in the third set.

goldenlox
May 19th, 2004, 01:03 AM
It looked like the Miami match. Except Venus had beads in her hair. And Lena's serve was fine.

moo_ont
May 19th, 2004, 01:11 AM
Thanks, GL. I saw Elena playing Davenport at USO 2000. Her serve was better than it is as well.

cool_olga
May 19th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Cool poems :lol: :lol: I didn't know you are such a good writer ;) :rolls:

My message finally:

Hey Lena, you are really great player and person. You've been first Russian I watched and followed and you have done so much for this beautiful sport which tennis is. You was the one that inspired many young girls to play. I'd like you to know that however you play at some moments we still are with you all the way and with our hearts. You are wonderful person and it's big pleasure to watch your game! :) - Ola
You can add my poems if you want ;)

Spring goes and spring comes
Lena you'll rock at Roland Garros courts!

Lena Dementieva is a special girl.
She was playing great for a couple of years
But the title didn't come in some very strange way
But in Amelia Island I have to say,
Lena was victorious and it was very happy day.
Now Lena has hard times and has some good times,
She struggles with her serve, but hey,
Everything can be done in a good way.
Through all the times in tennis she has been
In fans' hearts she is real Russian queen.

Mathijs
May 19th, 2004, 06:41 PM
very nice poem CO i think Lena will appreciate it along with the 2 of GL, your poems are really nice!!! :yeah:

moo_ont
May 20th, 2004, 03:16 AM
Fresh, here is the attachment of a 4-page letter to Elena. Could you please print it out and give it to Elena? We all really appreaciate your help and kindness. Thanks so much, Fresh. :worship:

P.S. I have edited the letter by adding Hantuchov's letter already. :)

Hantuchov
May 20th, 2004, 04:18 AM
Dear Alyona (I know your nickname should be Lena, but Alyona is much cutter and some people here on wtaworld call you as it and I just prefer it than Lena. So, if someone would call you as Alyona in one of your matches, dont worry, that's me!),
we all know it's not the best moment of your career, and that's the reason why we are here to give you all the support you need.

We know you've been working very hard to fix your 2nd serve, and if you havent improved it yet, you dont have to worry, cuz all the hard work with Olga will pay off very soon, and Paris would be the perfect place to show the world that you are talented enough to keep your name among the Top 10 players.

And please baby, never give up before the shaking hands, cuz be sure of one thing, till we dont listen the umpire saying: "Game Set Match to your opponent", we, all of your fans, will still believe that you'll come back and surprise us, just like you did many times before.

Davai Alyona! Let the Dementieva 2003 come back and dominate the French Open courts, just believe in your potential that the good results will come up again!

Good Luck!

LuŪs, your biggest brazilian fan :)

fresh2flash
May 21st, 2004, 01:28 PM
Thanks guys! Alyona will definetely get this message. Great job, moo!

moo_ont
May 21st, 2004, 03:01 PM
Thanks so much, Fresh. We all appreciate you a lot. Have a nice and safe trip. :bigwave: