PDA

View Full Version : Clijsters Officially Out of Roland Garros

tennisIlove09
May 11th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Clijsters Officially Out of Roland Garros
Two-time Roland Garros finalist Kim Clijsters officially informed the WTA Tour on Tuesday that she won’t be playing the French Open. Clijsters has been battling a wrist injury since the beginning of the year and has been told by her doctor that she needs to completely rest it in order for it to heal.

Two weekends ago, she led the Belgium to a Fed Cup victory but last week, she forced to pull out of Berlin. "During the training session this morning I felt agonizing pain in my wrist," she wrote on her web site on May 6. "I immediately stopped, there was no point in proceeding. I had to return to many high balls on my backhand and although I already felt it during the match, I simply can no longer do so right now… This injury is a tough one, very deep inside, which is why it is hard to know how it will evolve. It might need more time. Marat Safin suffered nearly one year from a similar injury…I don't dare to look more into future. I am really disappointed. I was so ready to go especially after the Fed Cup. Back then I just took it as a temporary disadvantage, but I know now that it will need more patience. "

Lady
May 11th, 2004, 11:22 PM
So it became official only now?? :confused:

Spunky83
May 11th, 2004, 11:34 PM
Get well sooooon!!! I kinda miss her already.

Kart
May 11th, 2004, 11:36 PM
Oh well, get well soon :).

DutchieGirl
May 12th, 2004, 12:42 AM
:sad: Damn!

~|Naomi|~
May 12th, 2004, 06:40 AM
So it became official only now?? :confused:

Maybe the WTA only received the official withdrawl now. But Kim 'withdrew' after she left Berlin, it has been on her official website for days.

Sharapova's_Boy
May 12th, 2004, 06:43 AM
:bigcry: