PDA

View Full Version : Would you be offended if..

KoOlMaNsEaN
May 11th, 2004, 07:51 PM
would you be offended if the opposing player hit the shot and it touched the net and went on your side and he/she didn't say sorry or put his/her hand up?

I wouldn't because he/she's being truthful.

V-MAC
May 11th, 2004, 08:00 PM
yeah i wouldn't be offended too.everyone knows anyway that 9 times out of 10 a player isn't being sincere anyway when they put their hand up.

vs1
May 11th, 2004, 08:22 PM
No way. You win some, you lose some. When I see it just trickle over the net, I think, "Oh well." No way do I even associate it with the player. It's not like they tried to do it on purpose. There are lots of things to occupy your mind on the court...this shouldn't be one of them.

SelesFan70
May 11th, 2004, 08:25 PM
I wouldn't be offended, but it would motivate me to hit harder and better so he/she can't even get to the ball to hit it!!!

Besides, these things tend to even out in the end. :angel:

!<blocparty>!
May 11th, 2004, 08:35 PM
nah, i shout "come on" if that happens to me!
(only if my opponent (s) is/are a bastard (s).)
Like last week, this guy hit a smash and it hit my maritial parts, I was @ the net at the time, but very, very luckily, it hit right@ the top, so i was OK, but I was so pissed, he never sed sorry, so i sed "come on" after every net chord, or error her made. We won the match 6-2,6-0 though.

Dava
May 11th, 2004, 08:39 PM
I like it when it happens to me, I get mad at myself for not being fast enough to run down the ball or position myself right if it happens to my opponent.

Martian Willow
May 11th, 2004, 08:51 PM
It's not like they tried to do it on purpose.

...that's why their supposed to say sorry...not to apologise but simply to acknowledge they didn't win the point on merit... :)

Allez-H
May 11th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Not at all.It's just pure luck..Sometimes it's on your side,sometimes it works against you :shrug:

Black Mamba.
May 11th, 2004, 09:30 PM
I wouldn't care because I wouldn't apologize if I did it to another player.

baleineau
May 11th, 2004, 09:43 PM
it doesn't hurt to acknowledge a piece of luck. same with a mishit. 'classy' players will always raise their hand to show the opponent that they are acknowledging their luck. it's not necessarily done as an apology - since there's nothing to apologise for.

dreamgoddess099
May 11th, 2004, 10:20 PM
The only way I'd feel better is if we replayed the point. But since I know that's not going to happen because net cords are legal, I wouldn't care if the person apologized or not. It's not going to get me my point back.