PDA

View Full Version : I got Wimbledon tickets

wongqks
May 11th, 2004, 06:41 PM
I was in reserve and I called them and I got No. 2 court on Day 2

it is a bit crappy, but then I should be able to see some non-british tennis players there which is good and also I can hang around in outside courts coz it is still early in the tournament and I don't need to queue wohoo

Anyway, this is my first time, any tips, suggestions?

SJW
May 11th, 2004, 06:42 PM
#1 tip: have fun :yeah:

TheBoiledEgg
May 11th, 2004, 06:47 PM
#2 bring your own food ;)

paul_masterton
May 11th, 2004, 07:08 PM
#3 go see emily webley-smith if she's playing :drool:

emptyhead
May 11th, 2004, 07:09 PM
I got mine, center court

SilviaFan
May 11th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Have a nice time there !!!! :)

twight6
May 11th, 2004, 07:11 PM
I was in reserve and I called them and I got No. 2 court on Day 2

it is a bit crappy, but then I should be able to see some non-british tennis players there which is good and also I can hang around in outside courts coz it is still early in the tournament and I don't need to queue wohoo

Anyway, this is my first time, any tips, suggestions?

where are you from?

Martian Martin
May 11th, 2004, 07:13 PM
4) Bring your umbrella......well you know what sometimes happens :p

I'll be there too with Flappie from the board ;) We've got tickets for Court 1 on first Thursday and Centre Court tickets for women's quarter finals day. Will also be queueing a couple of days too!!

TheBoiledEgg
May 11th, 2004, 07:16 PM
and if you got two tickets, bring someone who LIKES tennis ;)

otherwise you could be spending the day getting bitched at :lol:

Andre@
May 11th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Congratulations!!!!

I hope you will have a great time!!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY!!!!!!!!

Kart
May 11th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Don't eat at Est Est Est when you're in the village. If it's still there that is, I haven't been that way for a while.

*abby*
May 12th, 2004, 07:06 PM
look out for me and lucy wiv our jenny flags im sure u wont b able to miss us!!!

"Sluggy"
May 12th, 2004, 07:29 PM
you mean what autograph pen to buy? Congratulations on getting the tickets...I hope to go to Wimbledon one day. Totally cool. Get one of those felt tip jobs but dont touch for a couple minutes so it dries. Have fun and post some photos!!!!

SelesFan70
May 12th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Say "Hello" to Alexandra and Samantha for me....It's doubtful Alexandra will even make Court 2, but one can never know! ;)

Spunky83
May 12th, 2004, 07:39 PM
To all you guys who will attend Wimbledon this year: I AM SO ADMIRING YOU!!! So have fun, London is such a great city and it doesn´t rain that much really. England during summer time is so lovely;)

wongqks
May 13th, 2004, 12:52 AM
thanks so much guys for the laugh and tips, I am really excited. I study in UK for 9 years now, and it is the first time in Wimbledon.

I have considered a lot of my friends, but I decide to ask one of my friends who is quite into tennis and actually have some taste on choice of matches etc :p

Actually a few questions maybe some of you guys can help

1) Can you bring your own food and drinks there? (in US Open, I thought we are not allow food in, and it turns out it is just bottle drink, and I end up starve for the whole day LOL)

2) How easy is it to see star player practicing?

3) How easy is it to coordinate the area? I figure it must be big, but US Open was actually quite small IMO, and easily navigate, hope is the same.

4) Do I have to give up the tickets if I want to wonder around outside court other than court 2 after a while? I heard you need to give up your tix when you leave a show court or something?

5) how big is court 2? 3000 people stadium?

6) How and when would I get a refund if it rains (ok I am a pessimist, but having a rain-free day at wimbledon is almost as ahrd as winning a lottery)

7) and if I decide to queue up over night for the next day to get centre or court 1 tix, when should I start sleeping on the street?

thanks so much guys !!!

wongqks
May 13th, 2004, 12:53 AM
and thanks all the guys for telling me to have fun and I will :)

I will try to say hello to Alexandra and Samantha ;) although I maybe a little scare of them giving their past history :p

BK4ever
May 13th, 2004, 01:20 AM
and if you got two tickets, bring someone who LIKES tennis ;)

otherwise you could be spending the day getting bitched at :lol:
Wiser words have never been spoken...I cant stand when my friends start bitching and moaning about how many diff courts i'm going to visit...thats when I walk them over to the nearest bar and tell them to drink themselves silly :D and STFU:tape: