PDA

View Full Version : WILLIAMS Whips Wanna-Be Sanchez-Lorenzo 7-5, 6-3

TeeRexx
May 11th, 2004, 02:54 PM
WILLIAMS Whips Wanna-Be Sanchez 7-5, 6-3

I guess after discovering that one may become WTA Player of the Week by merely playing a good losing, semi final, match against an injured WILLIAMS, Sanchez-Lorenzo (S-L) played some inspired tennis against SERENA, but still came up short in the end. :sad:

Congrtas to SERENA for winning her first match back after a short injury break :bounce: and to Sanchez-Lorenzo for securing a nomination for the weekly title. :)

*Jool*
May 11th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Player of the week will be Conchita ( I hope so !! lol)
Great fight, María
Congrats to Serena

Ballbuster
May 11th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Darn, now they get player of the week by losing to a Williams.

Go figure.

croat123
May 11th, 2004, 03:10 PM
y'all are just sour. k-lina was player of the week because she played above what was expected from her

bandabou
May 11th, 2004, 03:21 PM
:lol: :rolls: You guys are too funny. No problems with Karolina having the player of the week award....she played well and I guess she deserved it. Venus doesn´t play for player of the week awards anymore....she has something bigger in mind.

Foot_Fault
May 11th, 2004, 03:22 PM
:lol: :rolls: You guys are too funny. No problems with Karolina having the player of the week award....she played well and I guess she deserved it. Venus doesn´t play for player of the week awards anymore....she has something bigger in mind.
Excellent Post!

Cariaoke
May 11th, 2004, 03:23 PM
:yeah: @ bandabou

but congrats to K-lina, anyway...

now back to the Venus love... :hearts:

SJW
May 11th, 2004, 03:25 PM
good going Serena :)

Greenout
May 11th, 2004, 03:59 PM
7-5 in the first set isn't exactly a "whipping!". :haha:

ghosts
May 11th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Well done Serena :)

TatiAnnahølic
May 11th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Serena Williams impressed more with her attire than her play on Tuesday, beating Spain’s Maria Sanchez Lorenzo 75 63 in the second round of the Telecom Italia Masters in Rome. The younger of the dynamic Williams sister wore a white dress with a wide bright silver waistband and a white bandana bearing her name in silver studs, brightening up an otherwise pedestrian match riddled with unforced errors. Williams, a budding movie star, looked strong and hit hard throughout the match, seemingly recovered from the knee injury which has kept her from competing for several months. But her ground strokes whizzed wide and long too often for a player seeded to go all the way in Rome this year. If it wasn’t for the lackluster performance of Sanchez Lorenzo, ranked 42, she would have struggled to make the third round.

Jakeev
May 11th, 2004, 04:10 PM

Exactly, and Serena won't give a damn either. But leave it up to TeeRex baby to justify his pissing and moaning about it though in this thread.....

harloo
May 11th, 2004, 04:12 PM
This is her first match back since Miami, she did a good job of keeping it too 2.

Eurotennisfan
May 11th, 2004, 04:21 PM
7-5 in the first set isn't exactly a "whipping!". :haha:
;)

bandabou
May 11th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Exactly, and Serena won't give a damn either. But leave it up to TeeRex baby to justify his pissing and moaning about it though in this thread.....

Yeah...and who gets a bad name?! WIlliams-fans...

Jakeev
May 11th, 2004, 04:28 PM
over player-of-the-week? Please thats bull crap.

Martian Jeza
May 11th, 2004, 04:29 PM

Like acting, for example...

bandabou
May 11th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Like acting, for example...

Maybe...but I was thinking more about winning RG or Wimbledon again...

Cybelle Darkholme
May 11th, 2004, 04:34 PM
y'all are just sour. k-lina was player of the week because she played above what was expected from her
But she still lost. Shouldnt momo be player of the week?

CapFan#1
May 11th, 2004, 04:43 PM
But she still lost. Shouldnt momo be player of the week?
I dont know... I mean Momo got the title by default, since Venus forfieted due to her injury.... Plus, based on her ranking, Momo did what was expected of her, made it to the final...

L-Lina, on the other hand played very well, and went alot father than she was supposed to, and played a very competitive SF vs. Venus........

Just my 2 cents............:wavey:

DA FOREHAND
May 11th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Momo played very solid tennis as well Destroying Cappy in the semi.

GermanBoy
May 11th, 2004, 04:53 PM
5-7, 3-6 :D Maria-Antonia must have played great tennis. I expected a quickie like Serena winning 6-1, 6-2. Well done, Maria-Antonia! :bounce:

"Topaz"
May 11th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Good job, Rena! Carry on.

TeeRexx
May 11th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Congrats to SERENA, once again.

And to the WTA on their new Player of the Week selection criteria a player :

1. Does not have to win a tournament
2. Does not have to get to the finals of a tournament
3. Does not have to win a semi
4. May lose to an uninjured player in the semi finals.

bandabou
May 11th, 2004, 06:46 PM

4. May loose to an uninjured player in the semi finals.

Still bugging you, huh?! :lol:

Jakeev
May 12th, 2004, 03:04 AM

4. May loose to an uninjured player in the semi finals.

Still living in Hollywood? I think there is a WalMart near you that sells pacifiers dirt cheap. Go get one for yourself and if you are a little short I can send you $5 bucks.........

TeeRexx
May 12th, 2004, 08:07 AM
Still living in Hollywood? I think there is a WalMart near you that sells pacifiers dirt cheap. Go get one for yourself and if you are a little short I can send you $5 bucks.........
Make it $10 bucks. I get hungry when I go shopping. :rolleyes: :lol:

1jackson2001
May 12th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Loose?

It's "lose".

Jakeev
May 12th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Make it $10 bucks. I get hungry when I go shopping. :rolleyes: :lol:

:lol:

TeeRexx
May 12th, 2004, 08:47 AM
Loose?

It's "lose".What? :confused: The origianal post doesn't have that typo. Somone is trying to frame me.:mad: :p

faste5683
May 12th, 2004, 12:03 PM

Not really. I'm starting to see (slow as I am) that T-Hexx doesn't get a whole lot of support from Williams' fans - his stuff is too over the top. Case in point, the title of this thread. I'm sure Lorenzo fans really enjoyed that...

:wavey:

rjd1111
May 12th, 2004, 12:32 PM
I dont know... I mean Momo got the title by default, since Venus forfieted due to her injury.... Plus, based on her ranking, Momo did what was expected of her, made it to the final...

L-Lina, on the other hand played very well, and went alot father than she was supposed to, and played a very competitive SF vs. Venus........

Just my 2 cents............:wavey:

You missed the operative phrase. She Lost to a Williams. If she played so well and beat Jen so bad then its more of a prop for Venus.

bandabou
May 12th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Not really. I'm starting to see (slow as I am) that T-Hexx doesn't get a whole lot of support from Williams' fans - his stuff is too over the top. Case in point, the title of this thread. I'm sure Lorenzo fans really enjoyed that...

:wavey:

u got it.