PDA

View Full Version : Regional Tourney Round2: Sascha Zhivkov def. Nikita Kazmin 7-6 (6), 6-3

crazillo
May 10th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Hey,
I decided to make a report on my reginoal tourney. After a walkover in Round 1 I got Nikita Kazmin. The reason I can play it is that I had this withdrawal before. I wanted to withdraw but he was faster. So I tried to recover very quickly. I didnt expect much because I know my opponent very well (he was in my club some years ago).
I was down 1-4 and started to fight back to 3-4. Then I got broken; 3-5, 5-5 then and got into the tiebreak where I was down 4-6... Then I fought and fought and fought and won the tiebreak 8-6....
In the second set, I was down 0-2 and got back to 2-2, at a BP for me there was the key point of the match. I made a drop-shot which he got back with a slice, I got it as a volley and played some kind of a "backhand-volley-lob"......
I closed it out at the 3rd match point with an drop-shot-winner. I was very good. I fought bc he was the better player when being aggressive. He made tons of errors in the end bc I got everything back and didnt make a lot UE´s.

Next match is on Friday against the No. 3 seed. :)

Jakub
May 10th, 2004, 09:33 PM
wow congrats !!
and all the best for next round :)

:wavey:

¤CharlDa¤
May 10th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Win it all Crazillo!

St.Sebastian
May 10th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Sascha, congrats :bowdown:

Another win and report, please!

Joana
May 10th, 2004, 10:15 PM
I really need to have my eyes checked. I thought it said you beat Nicole Kidman. :o :lol:

Anyway, congrats! :yeah:

crazillo
May 10th, 2004, 10:16 PM
:lol: I dislike my opponent. Nikita is a funny name!