PDA

View Full Version : Kuznetsova battles Molik 6-2 4-6 6-4

tennisIlove09
May 10th, 2004, 06:33 PM
:eek: Much closer then I expected. I didn't think Alicia would be that tough on clay.

SJW
May 10th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Alicia :sad::sad::sad::(
Sveta :)

BK4ever
May 10th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Third battle between them this year and Alicia has come up short in the third set in all of them :sad:

Lady
May 10th, 2004, 06:39 PM
The played a tough 3 setter 3rd time in a row, I guess.

Seems like true rivalry between them. :)

I almost guessed the score right :lol:. I predicted 6-2 4-6 6-3 if I remember correct :lol:

hewittrok
May 10th, 2004, 06:42 PM
this means that Kusnetsova will probably lose next round of tiredness.

azza
May 10th, 2004, 06:55 PM
Alicia badluck :o next time ! :p :boxing:

GermanBoy
May 10th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Much closer than expected on clay, yes, but Alicia lost again... :sad::mad:

Kuznetsova vs. Alicia seems to an all time three setter... ;)

Eurotennisfan
May 10th, 2004, 06:59 PM
sveta should have not played rome. She will be really tired for RG.

Lady
May 10th, 2004, 07:01 PM
At least she doesn't play doubles here! :banana:

TheBoiledEgg
May 10th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Sveta :yeah: that was a big struggle but she edged it :) :D

pav
May 10th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Sveta must have braced Herself!!

Dava
May 10th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Another good win for Sveta, she keeps getting tough draws alright :P

Shame about Alicia though, I was hoping she might be able to take her :sad:

Stephieva
May 10th, 2004, 07:48 PM
da score is smilar to da match vs. lena d in berlin...
me know how alicia's fans feel...:hug:

SpikeyAidanm
May 11th, 2004, 04:19 AM
pff Alicia 0-3 against Sveta this year (all close three set matches :( )

SelesFan70
May 11th, 2004, 04:23 AM
Kuznetsova MUST be tired...I hope she hasn't over-scheduled. A nice fight to win today. :D

WorldWar24
May 11th, 2004, 05:59 AM
Alicia has some trouble finishing her opponents

She loses every close match :o

examples

MOMO AO04
Dani tokyo
Kuznet IW
Lindsay AI
Nagyova Estoril

Mr_Molik
May 11th, 2004, 07:27 AM
Alicia has some trouble finishing her opponents

She loses every close match :o

examples

MOMO AO04
Dani tokyo
Kuznet IW
Lindsay AI
Nagyova Estoril

dont remind me :o
but she has improved
this yr she has won 3 setters over mandula, farina elia, frazier, clijsters, schaul, and last yr over zvonereva, schett and hantuchova (and others i cant remember :p )

oddkayla
May 11th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Kuznetsova sure is playing a lot of tennis. If I was her, I would have capitalised on the absence or injuries to the top players by missing Rome, and practicing/resting to make an assault on the French. I think this year its wide open. Its there for the taking. While others dont have match play, others nursing sore limbs, someone unexpected could sneak in there.

She will regret this kind of scheduling. She claimed after the final in Warsaw that she was tired. What business does she have playing two more weeks before a GS?

TartarVicario
May 11th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Come on! Sveta is not tired.She doesn't play doubles this week and last week she played doubles but lost in the second round after a bye.Just admit it,Alicia is a good player.Nastya couldn't take a set from her in FED cup.

azza
May 11th, 2004, 09:08 AM
:bigclap:

Kirt12255
May 11th, 2004, 10:16 AM
Come on! Sveta is not tired.She doesn't play doubles this week and last week she played doubles but lost in the second round after a bye.Just admit it,Alicia is a good player.Nastya couldn't take a set from her in FED cup.
:worship: TY!!! Alicia is just on the up-turn of her career....so many people dish on her saying she is overrated on this board.....pfffft....she's done it the hard-way....by playing under this overrated-unnatended tennis federation called Tennis Australia. Pratty is the same and at the moment sadly it appears Evie is going along the same lines as Ellwood and Drake-Brockman. It was only a few years ago it was revealed that the AIS were "Apparently" sending their players to eating disorders.

Unlike many players from other countries.....Alicia hasn't been spoonfed....nor was Pratty....both players play from the heart and have taken their own scheme to become successful. All the money from Tennis Australia went to Dokic...and we know what happened there. :banghead:

I'm not going to dish on Dokic again.....any young female her age with that much expectation from a country and family would fold....she had nowhere to turn.

If you would like proof of Alicia's talent? She's gone 3 sets with a great player like Kuznetsova...Hantuchova...learnt her game and began to demolish her (except Japan).

I defy any doubters to say they would like their Fav to meet Alicia in the first round of RG.;) IMO

Vut
May 11th, 2004, 10:16 AM
:sad:

faste5683
May 11th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Kuznetsova sure is playing a lot of tennis. If I was her, I would have capitalised on the absence or injuries to the top players by missing Rome, and practicing/resting to make an assault on the French. I think this year its wide open. Its there for the taking. While others dont have match play, others nursing sore limbs, someone unexpected could sneak in there.

She will regret this kind of scheduling. She claimed after the final in Warsaw that she was tired. What business does she have playing two more weeks before a GS?

I agree that she's playing too much tennis, but if any"body" could pull it off, it's Sveta. She's built like the rock of Gilbraltar - a very powerful, durable looking body. I hope she invests some of this money she's making by hiring a great coach...

:wavey: