PDA

View Full Version : Venus and Serena--McDonald's Toy!

tennisIlove09
May 10th, 2004, 07:00 AM
I had to work tonight. On my way home, I stopped at McDonald's. I have an eight year old sister, who I spoil too much. Anyhoo, I asked which toy they had. The guy said a "tennis toy". Being the junkie that I am, I bought one. Then I looked at the package...it's Venus and Serena!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I flipped out. I bought one for myself (yes, I now own a children's toy from McDonald's). It's a neat little video game.

Rocketta
May 10th, 2004, 07:02 AM
I have one too! :o

vs1
May 10th, 2004, 07:02 AM
OMG!! I NEVER go to McDonalds (like NEVER!) but I may have to go to get one of these V&S toys!! I'm their toy boy, so it's only fitting that I have their toys! ;)

tennisIlove09
May 10th, 2004, 07:03 AM
I have one too! :o
:bounce: Yea! I think the guy working thought I was nuts :lol:

Rocketta
May 10th, 2004, 07:05 AM
OMG!! I NEVER go to McDonalds (like NEVER!) but I may have to go to get one of these V&S toys!! I'm their toy boy, so it's only fitting that I have their toys! ;)
run don't walk...;)

Rocketta
May 10th, 2004, 07:06 AM
:bounce: Yea! I think the guy working thought I was nuts :lol:Luckily I didn't have to buy it. My neice saw it and said isn't this who we saw in Charleston (she came the first year) so she got her mother to buy me one. :)

vs1
May 10th, 2004, 07:08 AM
Sure. Uh-huh. I'm REALLY believing you on this one, T! ;) :kiss:

Pureracket
May 10th, 2004, 07:11 AM
*Pureracket leaves and goes to the 24 hour McDonald's around the corner from his house*

kosmikgroove
May 10th, 2004, 07:14 AM
i went and they gave me a lame basketball toy... i was so sad

Slumpsova
May 10th, 2004, 08:09 AM
OMG! i'm sure they aren't available in Thailand McDonald's :sad:

forever_rafter
May 10th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Oh God, spare me this one :lol:

TeeRexx
May 10th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Here is some info on the games.

================

McDonald's Press Release 04/27/2004
The Happy Meal® Celebrates 25 Years of Happiness With Sports Stars: Vince Carter, Venus and Serena Williams, Tony Hawk, Michael Vick, Mia Hamm, Tony Stewart

McDonald’s® Happy Birthday Happy Meal® to Feature Six ESPN25 Mini-Handheld Games, Sporting The Best in SportsOak Brook, Ill. – April 27, 2004 – McDonald's® cheers on the Happy Birthday Happy Meal® celebration with a collection of six ESPN25 inspired mini-handheld sports action video games at participating McDonald’s, while supplies last. As part of the McDonald’s 25 Years of Happiness celebration, each Happy Meal and Mighty Kids Meal® will include one of six ESPN25 sports action, mini-video games featuring the Best in Sports. In celebration of ESPN’s 25th Anniversary, McDonald’s will offer a one-of-a-kind collection of games featuring basketball great Vince Carter, world-class tennis champions Serena and Venus Williams, skateboarding legend Tony Hawk, football star Michael Vick, Olympic soccer star Mia Hamm, and car racing champion Tony Stewart. The action-packed fun begins April 30, 2004, and continues through May 27, 2004.

"In celebration of ESPN's 25th Anniversary we’ve created an event that brings to life six of the world’s top athletes all in one sports-action video game collection," said Kent Voetberg, director of family marketing at McDonald's. "This unique line-up of electronic mini-sports action games from ESPN brings our customers into the virtual game to take on or become their favorite sports heroes. It’s a great way to play when you’re on the go and can’t be on the field."http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/news/current/conpr_04272004.RowPar.0002.ContentPar.0002.ColumnP ar.0001.Image.0.0.gifThe Happy Meal® Celebrates 25 Years of Happiness With Sports Stars: Vince Carter, Venus and Serena Williams, Tony Hawk, Michael Vick, Mia Hamm, Tony Stewart

McDonald’s® Happy Birthday Happy Meal® to Feature Six ESPN25 Mini-Handheld Games, Sporting The Best in SportsESPN electronic mini-handheld games feature a picture of the star athlete and a printed signature replica. Customers will receive one of the following ESPN games with each Happy Meal or Mighty Kids Meal purchase:

Basketball – This ESPN mini-handheld game features professional basketball player Vince Carter. The game challenges players to move Vince Carter and shoot over defenders. Players make nine baskets and advance to new, faster, exciting rounds.

Tennis – Venus and Serena Williams, stars of the tennis court, serve up hours of fun on the ESPN tennis mini-handheld game. Players move back and forth to return the tennis ball to
Venus and Serena. To win, players must return the ball more times than the Williams sisters.

Skateboarding – The player maneuvers across the pavement and collect trophies just like skateboarding legend Tony Hawk. One advances to new levels by avoiding breaks in the pavement and sweeping up as many trophies as possible.

Football – Professional football star Michael Vick is showcased in the mini-handheld football game. As clutch receivers, players move up and down the end zone to catch touchdown passes from Michael Vick. One advances through all three levels to win the game!

Soccer – Mia Hamm, soccer player extraordinaire, will attempt to shoot and score against players. As goalies, players are challenged to block 10 attempts on goal by Mia Hamm.

Racing – Just like racing champion, Tony Stewart, players are challenged to speed up their racecar by passing other cars. They avoid collisions and cross the finish line first to win.

Pick up you games today, Williams fans! :cool:

Chunchun
May 10th, 2004, 11:45 AM
do u have more photos of those toys??

tennisIlove09
May 10th, 2004, 05:09 PM
do u have more photos of those toys??http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/news/current/conpr_04272004.RowPar.0002.ContentPar.0002.ColumnP ar.0001.Image.0.0.gif
The green one is the tennis one

Dawn Marie
May 10th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Hey thanks for this info:)

These may be collectors items about 20 years from now. Will get mine today.:)Rocketta you are too funny.:)

Venus Forever
May 10th, 2004, 06:45 PM
I want one sooooo bad now.

hingis-seles
May 10th, 2004, 07:13 PM
I want one too!!!!!!!!

This'll never get to Pakistan! :mad:

lizchris
May 10th, 2004, 07:30 PM
I just came from McDonald's and I got my V&S tennis game!:bounce:

I like it a lot!:)

azza
May 10th, 2004, 07:37 PM
lol :o

WtaTour4Ever
May 10th, 2004, 07:41 PM
How much are they?

Eurotennisfan
May 10th, 2004, 07:43 PM
you know you are an obsessed tennis Obsessed tennis fan when you buy a happy meal just so you can get a toy that resembles a tennis player. :lol: :lol:

emptyhead
May 10th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Bet there's bigger demand for the Anna Kournikova ones

Martian Willow
May 10th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Bet there's bigger demand for the Anna Kournikova ones

...Anna would never appear in a tacky McDonalds toy...unlike the classee Williams sisters... :)

Cariaoke
May 10th, 2004, 07:53 PM
^ right but she'll appear in a campaign that says "only the ball should bounce". So classy... :lol: :haha:

anyway, the game doesn't "resemble" the Williams sisters... it's an electronic tennis game or can't you read?

I'll try to check my local McD's to get one. :D

lizchris
May 10th, 2004, 07:54 PM
How much are they?
I didn't get a receipt, but I think it is $2.99

Cariaoke
May 10th, 2004, 07:57 PM
oh $2.99 with purchase or just $2.99 straight out?

emptyhead
May 10th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Cheap

Martian Willow
May 10th, 2004, 07:59 PM
...I didn't use the word 'resemble'...can you read...? :)

Cariaoke
May 10th, 2004, 08:05 PM
^ I was referring to eurotennisfan... clean your glasses next time. :D :yeah:

Cybelle Darkholme
May 10th, 2004, 08:05 PM
Oh God, spare me this one :lol:
you could have spared yourself by not entering the thread.

Rocketta
May 10th, 2004, 08:23 PM
...Anna would never appear in a tacky McDonalds toy...unlike the classee Williams sisters... :)
btw, It's "Classy Williams sisters", so get it right! :)

lizchris
May 10th, 2004, 08:33 PM
oh $2.99 with purchase or just $2.99 straight out?
$2.99 stright out. If you buy a kid's Happy Meal, then the toy is free.

lizchris
May 10th, 2004, 08:36 PM
You're right; she's too busy promoting men's shaving cream.:haha:

This is Anna's tennis career:
:timebomb:

Jakub
May 10th, 2004, 08:37 PM
:haha: lmao :haha:

Rocketta
May 10th, 2004, 08:39 PM

lol, but we really shouldn't attack Anna K she has enough problems of her own based on some non-fan, non anna fan that is, using her to try to put someone down.

wait, did someone say V & S should be like Anna and used the word classy in the same sentence...:spit:

Sorry, I almost couldn't believe it myself..:shrug:

Cariaoke
May 10th, 2004, 08:40 PM
$2.99 stright out. If you buy a kid's Happy Meal, then the toy is free.
kewlllllllllllll. thx :D

foreva lindsay
May 10th, 2004, 08:40 PM
v&s toys :haha: :haha:
not in england yet i dont think... shame :tape:

emptyhead
May 10th, 2004, 08:43 PM
I'm thinking maybe the English have more sense than to eat McDonalds

WtaTour4Ever
May 10th, 2004, 08:50 PM
I may have to buy up a few of these and post them on E-Bay :-)

Cariaoke
May 10th, 2004, 08:51 PM
^ MO MONEY, MO MONEY, MO MONEY! </home boy shopping network>

Mrs. Peel
May 10th, 2004, 08:53 PM

:lol: :lol:

:tape:

Mrs. Peel
May 10th, 2004, 08:55 PM
I'm thinking maybe the English have more sense than to eat McDonaldshave you had British Food? :tape: :o

WorldWar24
May 10th, 2004, 08:56 PM
OH MY GOD :unsure:

:scared:

lizchris
May 10th, 2004, 08:57 PM
lol, but we really shouldn't attack Anna K she has enough problems of her own based on some non-fan, non anna fan that is, using her to try to put someone down.

wait, did someone say V & S should be like Anna and used the word classy in the same sentence...:spit:

Sorry, I almost couldn't believe it myself..:shrug:
I'm sorry; I couldn't resist.

fifiricci
May 10th, 2004, 09:07 PM
btw, It's "Classy Williams sisters", so get it right! :)
Erm, replace "classy" with "tacky" on this one methinks!

tennisIlove09
May 10th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Erm, replace "classy" with "tacky" on this one methinks!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tacky? How so? Please tell.

Venus and Serena are promoting the game of tennis to young children in a McDonald's toy. I fail to see how this is a tacky move, since kids should be exposed to tennis.

fifiricci
May 10th, 2004, 10:10 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tacky? How so? Please tell.

Venus and Serena are promoting the game of tennis to young children in a McDonald's toy. I fail to see how this is a tacky move, since kids should be exposed to tennis.Yeah right, a tacky little computer game given away in the high temple of obesity!! How much are they getting paid? If its nothing, I'll reconsider.

tennisIlove09
May 10th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Yeah right, in the temple of obesity!! How much are they getting paid? If its nothing, I'll reconsider.
People can eat McDonald's and become fat. I have McDonald's probably once a week (at least) and I'm not fat.

Why does it matter how much they are getting paid? They are still giving exposure to tennis. Something no other tennis player can say they are doing to kids. :rolleyes:

...stopping to think why I'm wasting my time with the haters....:wavey:

fifiricci
May 10th, 2004, 10:15 PM
People can eat McDonald's and become fat. I have McDonald's probably once a week (at least) and I'm not fat.

Why does it matter how much they are getting paid? They are still giving exposure to tennis. Something no other tennis player can say they are doing to kids. :rolleyes:

...stopping to think why I'm wasting my time with the haters....:wavey:
1. I'm not a hater, you are just calling me that because I criticised something they are doing. That gets so tedious on this board.

2. If they want to expose kids to tennis, they could do more clinics. Exposing them to a computer game wont get kids on to a tennis court.

Stopping to think, hey its a good idea, you could try it some time!! :lol: :tape: ;)

Venus Forever
May 10th, 2004, 10:21 PM
1. I'm not a hater, you are just calling me that because I criticised something they are doing. That gets so tedious on this board.

2. If they want to expose kids to tennis, they could do more clinics. Exposing them to a computer game wont get kids on to a tennis court.

Stopping to think, hey its a good idea, you could try it some time!! :lol: :tape: ;)
Yes, doing clinics are a great idea, but you can only do so many clinics in your time off.

This McDonald's promotional is an EXCELLENT idea. It exposes tennis to a LOT more youths and more people than these clinics could possibly do. It promotes the game in probably the most popular fast food restaurant ever.

Venus and Serena are there only to promote the game, and make a few bucks for themselves. No matter which way you look at it, it will only help bring more people and expose more people to tennis.

tennisIlove09
May 10th, 2004, 10:24 PM

When you consistently hate on them for doing a good thing for the sport, I consider you a "hater" ;)

How can they possibly do MORE clinics? They have to play tennis, and they have lives outside tennis. The fact that they do a clinic or two a year is MORE than enough. plus, they have their own tennis school for kids. What more do you want from them?

Martian Willow
May 10th, 2004, 10:28 PM
...I don't see that promoting McDonalds is a good thing for any sport... :)

flyingmachine
May 10th, 2004, 10:35 PM
v&s toys :haha: :haha:
not in england yet i dont think... shame :tape:
:haha: :haha: God this is so funny.

Venus Forever
May 10th, 2004, 10:35 PM
...I don't see that promoting McDonalds is a good thing for any sport... :)
...You must really be stupid to think that it only promotes McDonald's...

...Oh, I forgot who I was talking to... :)

Martian Willow
May 10th, 2004, 10:55 PM
...You must really be stupid to think that it only promotes McDonald's...

...you must be really stupid to think I was suggesting that McDonalds was the only thing being promoted...I only said McDonalds was being promoted...which is beyond doubt...

...Oh, I forgot who I was talking to... :)

...clearly you did...apology accepted... :)

:wavey:

WorldWar24
May 10th, 2004, 11:00 PM
This McDonald's promotional is an EXCELLENT idea. It exposes tennis to a LOT more youths and more people than these clinics could possibly do. It promotes the game in probably the most popular fast food restaurant ever.

Right. I'm sure all the fat kids are running to the courts now :p

j/k :D

Rocketta
May 11th, 2004, 01:20 AM
hmm, lets see Williams fans can go get a collectible item of their favs and these others who are so against it get NOTHING of their fav. Yeah we and V & S should be ashamed. :lol:

Get back to us when your fav has anything on the market that you can buy with their likeness on it and then we can talk.

I guess ESPN doesn't think this is a way to reach people either....:rolleyes:

Here's a closer picture of mine for the hata's, opps I mean for those of you who can't get one...;)

harloo
May 11th, 2004, 01:33 AM
LOL. Some folk on this board never cease to amaze me. Venus and Serena are the cause of obesity, sweat shop explotation, child labor in third world countries, and animal cruelty. I never knew two sisters could have so much power. :tape:

It's just a game people, if you are lucky maybe you fav will get one. Some of you people need to stop smoking that stuff if you want to keep living.:lol: :lol:

Martian Willow
May 11th, 2004, 02:34 AM
hmm, lets see Williams fans can go get a collectible item of their favs and these others who are so against it get NOTHING of their fav. Yeah we and V & S should be ashamed. :lol:

Get back to us when your fav has anything on the market that you can buy with their likeness on it and then we can talk.

I guess ESPN doesn't think this is a way to reach people either....:rolleyes:

Here's a closer picture of mine for the hata's, opps I mean for those of you who can't get one...;)

http://www.leckerchen.de/sport/hingis.jpg

Mr. Man
May 11th, 2004, 03:29 AM
I gotta get me one of those. :D

Rocketta
May 11th, 2004, 05:16 AM

:wavey:and your point? Is it currently on the market? Can you go to any toy store and pick one up? Yeah that's what I thought.

WorldWar24
May 11th, 2004, 05:29 AM

http://img.trokers.net/jeux/jeuximg/15548.jpg

:hehehe:

I'm not saying that V&S's game from MacDonald's is not awesome, but I have my reasons to believe that this one is better :p

Rocketta
May 11th, 2004, 05:53 PM

I'm not saying that V&S's game from MacDonald's is not awesome, but I have my reasons to believe that this one is better :p

:lol: um, Ok.......u can have it. :hehehe:

do they still make that game? Honest question...I know it's a year and a half old.

harloo
May 11th, 2004, 06:52 PM

Child's Play 4: Chucky's Return

hingis-seles
May 11th, 2004, 06:54 PM
and your point? Is it currently on the market? Can you go to any toy store and pick one up? Yeah that's what I thought.
The Martina Hingis Porcelain Doll is a rare collectors item priced at over 1000 pounds.

hingis-seles
May 11th, 2004, 06:57 PM

j/k :DFor all those whining about the Williamses causing obesity in children(:haha: *points and laughs*), wouldn't a video game such as this one lead to poor eyesight, if a child played this game too much?

hingis-seles
May 11th, 2004, 07:01 PM
Hey! :fiery: I'm in a third-world country where McDonalds gives crappy plastic toys with happy meals. :p

Cariaoke
May 11th, 2004, 07:11 PM
For all those whining about the Williamses causing obesity in children(:haha: *points and laughs*), wouldn't a video game such as this one lead to poor eyesight, if a child played this game too much?
:haha: :lol: :lol: :haha: :lol:

i'm crying over here!

englishjenfan
May 11th, 2004, 07:22 PM
no not in england =, even tough i cant stand the williamses it would be cool to have, although the toys are not that good in england normally!!
The price here is 2 pound so 3 dollars would be about right!
*Emily*

fifiricci
May 11th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Right. I'm sure all the fat kids are running to the courts now :p

:lol: To play McTennis

sartrista7
May 11th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Ugh, this is just the tackiest idea ever.

Venus Forever
May 11th, 2004, 11:13 PM
They didn't have them when I went. :sad:

cathy r.
May 11th, 2004, 11:14 PM
What is wrong with Willow? Is it jealousy, or what?:rolleyes:

Black Mamba.
May 11th, 2004, 11:15 PM
As long as they're getting paid I don't really care.

dreamgoddess099
May 11th, 2004, 11:44 PM
They didn't have them when I went. :sad:
All of the McDonald's in my area are out of the Venus and Serena tennis game and only have the red Michael Vick football game. DAMN!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: I guess I'll have to buy one somewhere else.

Venus Forever
May 12th, 2004, 12:05 AM
All of the McDonald's in my area are out of the Venus and Serena tennis game and only have the red Michael Vick football game. DAMN!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: I guess I'll have to buy one somewhere else.
The McD's near me only have the basketball one's. :rolleyes:

Rocketta
May 12th, 2004, 12:17 AM
The Martina Hingis Porcelain Doll is a rare collectors item priced at over 1000 pounds.
hmm, porcelain.....so the doll is as fragile as it's likeness? ;)

j/k, hingis fans....:wavey:

Greenout
May 12th, 2004, 12:21 AM
Great. I bet Justine can't wait to get hers!. She's got interesting plans for
the toys. :p

Kart
May 12th, 2004, 12:36 AM
:rolls:

dreamgoddess099
May 12th, 2004, 02:07 AM
Great. I bet Justine can't wait to get hers!. She's got interesting plans for
the toys. :p
Yes, I'm sure she and Pierre have lots of toys already. :tape: Although I personally think a video game will be hard to insert, I'm sure Justine and Pierre will find some way to make it fit. That's where all of Justine's strength training really pays off:p

Greenout
May 12th, 2004, 02:10 AM
Yes, I'm sure she and Pierre have lots of toys already. :tape: Although I personally think a video game will be hard to insert, I'm sure Justine and Pierre will find some way to make it fit. That's where all of Justine's strength training really pays off:p

Hey...whatever it takes to keep being #1 and winning those
grand slams! ;)

Martian KC
May 12th, 2004, 03:23 AM

Nope, it's just as priceless though.:angel:

Bacardi
May 12th, 2004, 06:33 AM
I have this game, the basketball one, and the skateboarding one. I happen to like kids meals and anymore that's the only meal I can actually finish.

Maybe if I go out tomorrow and get another tennis one, I might trade it for say a soccer or NASCAR one :D

Bacardi
May 12th, 2004, 06:43 AM

Awwwwww, how cute! I never saw one of those before. Where can you find one? I'd seriously like to own one of those. :)

BTW, my cousin works at McD's and I just left him a message to see if he can snatch me any of the V&S Tennis games. If he can, I'll send some out or trade them or something. I should know in a few days. I'm not a V&S fan, but I admit the games are nice. It reaches a good audience and promotes tennis to kids. Even thou I know McD's food is fattening, there are a few kids that actually have a happy meal once a week as a reward from their parents and I'm sure they aren't chunking on the lbs because of it. Who cares how much money they make. Damn will you people even bitch when the Martina Hingis ads for Lee Jeans come out!?!?

Chill out!!! Anything to get the sport of tennis out to the main stream audience is a GOOD THING! :)

hingis-seles
May 12th, 2004, 10:12 AM

You're one to talk being a Williams fan. :p ;) :angel: :lol:

j/k :wavey:

hingis-seles
May 12th, 2004, 10:15 AM
Awwwwww, how cute! I never saw one of those before. Where can you find one? I'd seriously like to own one of those. :)

BTW, my cousin works at McD's and I just left him a message to see if he can snatch me any of the V&S Tennis games. If he can, I'll send some out or trade them or something. I should know in a few days. I'm not a V&S fan, but I admit the games are nice. It reaches a good audience and promotes tennis to kids. Even thou I know McD's food is fattening, there are a few kids that actually have a happy meal once a week as a reward from their parents and I'm sure they aren't chunking on the lbs because of it. Who cares how much money they make. Damn will you people even bitch when the Martina Hingis ads for Lee Jeans come out!?!?

Chill out!!! Anything to get the sport of tennis out to the main stream audience is a GOOD THING! :)
Agreed!