PDA

View Full Version : Arantxa Parra Santonja

alwayshingis
May 10th, 2004, 02:21 AM
I just noticed this on the rankings. Did she just get married, or have I been being dense?

Venus Forever
May 10th, 2004, 02:45 AM
I think she has been married for awhile, because the ITF website has had her name like that for awhile now.

I guess she finally decided to inform the wtatour or something.

Interesting, anyone know??

bbypk
May 10th, 2004, 06:10 AM
Its her second surename. In Spain is usually used two surenames. That not means being married. Its the same like Arantxa Sanchez Vicario o Virginia Ruano Pascual. In Spain, we dont change the single surname when people get married.

Mattographer
May 10th, 2004, 06:10 AM
Its her second surename. In Spain is usually used two surenames. That not means being married. Its the same like Arantxa Sanchez Vicario o Virginia Ruano Pascual. In Spain, we dont change the single surname when people get married.
That's right ;)

propi
May 10th, 2004, 06:12 AM
I think she has been married for awhile, because the ITF website has had her name like that for awhile now.

I guess she finally decided to inform the wtatour or something.

Interesting, anyone know??
No she doesn't ;)
If you read the names of Spanish players you'll see lots of them are quoted with 2 surnames, that's because everyone here has 2 surnames, a father's and a mother's one ASV, María Antonia Sánchez Lorenzo, Gala León García, Cristina Torrens Valero, Anabel Medina Garrigues, etc ... don't ask me why they do that with some players but not with others as Serna, Marrero, or Conchita though :confused:

propi
May 10th, 2004, 06:13 AM
You beat me in this :p

esquímaux
May 10th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Like Maria Antonia Sanchez Lorenzo? *whew* Does Marrero have a 2nd surname too? And Serna?

Sonf@
May 10th, 2004, 07:23 AM
yeah.

Marta Marrero Marrero
Magüi Serna Barrera

New_balls_please
May 10th, 2004, 09:47 AM
Conchita Martinez Granados
and
Conchita Martinez Bernat

controlfreak
May 10th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Marta Marrero Marrero

hmmm.... coincidental or incestuous....? :angel: ;)

propi
May 10th, 2004, 10:25 AM
hmmm.... coincidental or incestuous....? :angel: ;)
:haha:
Just coincidental, seems to be quite common in Canary Islands, the part of Spain she's from ;)

jonny84
May 10th, 2004, 10:25 AM
ASV - was originally called Arantxa Sanchez and then added her mothers name to make Sanchez Vacraio and then her career took off - maybe Parra is doing the same to boast her carrer? :) :d

New_balls_please
May 10th, 2004, 12:46 PM
ASV - was originally called Arantxa Sanchez and then added her mothers name to make Sanchez Vacraio and then her career took off - maybe Parra is doing the same to boast her carrer? :) :d

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

anabel
May 10th, 2004, 12:57 PM
A thread for my Arancha :D

[S@nti]
May 10th, 2004, 01:29 PM
lol :p