PDA

View Full Version : I become a new fan of Karolina Sprem

KingA
May 9th, 2004, 05:59 PM
I haven't seen Karolina played before..... but after this Berlin semifinal.... the way she played....
the guts in herself......
the aggressiveness in her game.....
the way she serves.....
the way she moves.....
the way she hits those winners....
My Oh My!!! :eek:

(Despite her loss at the end, I mean...... how many players actually hit more winners than Venus in a match???? In most cases, it was actually Venus lost the set, not her opponents won it.... but that's not the case of Karolina!!)

This girl really impressed me!!!!! :hearts:

I hope Karolina can find a better balance in her game...... all she needs is more experience... particularly in some big matches.... like against a Top10 player... I really do hope this girl will do better and better!!!!

AjdeNate!
May 9th, 2004, 06:19 PM
:yeah: Welcome aboard the Sprem Express!

PatM04
May 9th, 2004, 06:22 PM
I haven't seen Karolina played before..... but after this Berlin semifinal.... the way she played....
the way she serves.....
the way she moves.....

(Despite her loss at the end, I mean...... how many players actually hit more winners than Venus in a match???? In most cases, it was actually Venus lost the set, not her opponents won it.... but that's not the case of Karolina!!)

I hope Karolina can find a better balance in her game...... all she needs is more experience... particularly in some big matches.... like against a Top10 player... I really do hope this girl will do better and better!!!!
Ditto:) I have only cheered against her once and that was because she was playing Sammy...lol. I have a feeling now that she would probably kill Sammy with the way both of them have been playing lately.

croat123
May 9th, 2004, 06:37 PM
:yeah:

j_dementieva27
May 9th, 2004, 06:44 PM
yeah ... at the beginning of the year i starting liking sprem... but after seeing clips of her matches this week... DAMN !!! i like her even more, and she is quickly becoming a favorite of mine

St.Sebastian
May 9th, 2004, 06:45 PM
There is always place on K-Lina's bandwagon :yeah:

AjdeNate!
May 9th, 2004, 06:46 PM
There is always place on K-Lina's bandwagon :yeah:

:drive: <---- driving the K-Wagon.

:woohoo:

:lol:

BK4ever
May 9th, 2004, 06:59 PM
We welcome you :wavey:

Topher950
May 9th, 2004, 07:21 PM
YAY!!! more k-lina fans.......she is amazing. The way she swings it looks so natural and effortless yet shes belting the felt off the ball. GO K-LINA!!!

Allez-H
May 9th, 2004, 07:26 PM
I already liked her wheN I saw her at the Diamond Games in Antwerp.She surprised me even more with her fantastic play against Kirsten at the Fedcup.And yesterday she's was simply outstanding.I might be a fan in making.I like her gamewise already,but I'll have to like her personality-wise too and I would like to know her background-story and all.It doesn't have to be an amazing story,but it's just very important for me.I might be doing some research on her the next few days :)

WhatTheDeuce
May 9th, 2004, 08:05 PM
Yay, more fans for K-Lina! :yeah:

SilviaFan
May 9th, 2004, 08:14 PM
K-Lina is now also one of my favourites. She is a really great tennisplayer.
What a power, and what a brilliant serve, OMG, really impressing!!!

Silvia :hearts: K-Lina :hearts: Jennifer :hearts: MoMo :hearts: Lindsay :hearts:

Hantuchov
May 9th, 2004, 08:17 PM
I dont say I'm her new fan, but I liked a lot her. She has my support against some players from now on ;) :rocker: :bounce:

But she'll kick brazilian gals ass :fiery:

Doesnt matter ;) :p :yeah:

St.Sebastian
May 9th, 2004, 08:24 PM
:drive: <---- driving the K-Wagon.

:woohoo:

:lol:

Will you let me hold the steering wheel for a moment some time in the future :p ?

Principessa
May 9th, 2004, 08:25 PM
She's too awesome ;):D

Sandstorm
May 9th, 2004, 08:46 PM
YOU ARE WELCOME!!

Go K-Lina fans!!!

AjdeNate!
May 9th, 2004, 08:55 PM
Will you let me hold the steering wheel for a moment some time in the future :p ?
:lol: Good one!

Jane
May 9th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Looks like someone is going to have to buy a bigger wagon.

flyingmachine
May 9th, 2004, 09:19 PM
the way she serves.....
the way she moves.....

I know me too become a Sprem fan after watching that match. :hearts: Just look on my new signature. :drool:

croat123
May 9th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Looks like someone is going to have to buy a bigger wagon.
can we rent a limo?

AjdeNate!
May 9th, 2004, 09:21 PM
One of those Cadillac Escalade stretch limos. Only the best for Špremmies.

Ballbuster
May 9th, 2004, 09:23 PM
No biggie! I'm sure most Williams fans like her spunk too.

However, she is obviously Athenaenun's gal, she/he discovered her first.

St.Sebastian
May 9th, 2004, 09:25 PM
One of those Cadillac Escalade stretch limos. Only the best for Špremmies.

Let's have some champagne as well :yeah: :p

AjdeNate!
May 9th, 2004, 09:26 PM
No biggie! I'm sure most Williams fans like her spunk too.

However, she is obviously Athenaenun's gal, she/he discovered her first.
I dunno about 1st.... I'm just highly visible about my love for K.

;)

JLDementieva
May 9th, 2004, 11:52 PM
I must admit, I'm starting to really like her too, even though I've never seen her play. I really hope I will get the chance to see her on TV!

croat123
May 9th, 2004, 11:56 PM
i have no clue who was first. i only started noticing her at redbridge, but that was because someone brought her to my attention (i never looked in the challengers thread before that - now i check every day :cool: )

xcrtbckhnd
May 10th, 2004, 12:03 AM
Where can I see web clips from her match against Venus?

croat123
May 10th, 2004, 12:05 AM
sport.hrt.hr

scroll all the way down to the article with her picture and click on "real stream"

RedFilaJen#1
May 10th, 2004, 12:46 AM
How old is she?

AjdeNate!
May 10th, 2004, 03:49 AM
19, a little bit of a late bloomer. She's only been playing tennis since she was 9.

AjdeNate!
May 10th, 2004, 03:53 AM
i have no clue who was first. i only started noticing her at redbridge, but that was because someone brought her to my attention (i never looked in the challengers thread before that - now i check every day :cool: )
About the same time for me. I was just on "observe" mode then... but after that event I was very intrigued! :p

And now I'm just obsessed.

Lapin
May 10th, 2004, 12:11 PM
:eek: Wow, what a match against Venus!! I'd only seen Karolina play once before but she was amazing; great service and incredible groundies, definitely a star in the making I would think! :D

(They showed a little clip of interview with her on Eurosport and she said her favourite player when she was growing up was Mary Pierce; I think you can see that a bit in her groundies).

AntennA
May 10th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Nice to see so many people getting hooked on K-lina's game. :)
Once you've seen her play, it's love at first sight! :hearts: ;)

azza
May 10th, 2004, 12:47 PM
K.

korben
May 10th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Gloryhunter :rolleyes:

Good for u that u finally saw her play. Now you see what all the noice was about :worship:

AjdeNate!
May 10th, 2004, 04:51 PM
K.
Jealous much?

DA FOREHAND
May 10th, 2004, 05:01 PM
One of my best friends converted to Sprem after the Venus -v- Sprem match. first he loved Chrissie, then Monica, and now K-Lina

SJW
May 10th, 2004, 05:09 PM
first got the tip from Nate when i asked him how she played...guy is obsessed :p...first saw her play vs Daniilidou in Miami, and while that was an ugly loss she sure looked good losing :drool: i also liked her b/h in that match, even though that's not the typical match to make me into a fan.

followed her since then, but if she can play like she did vs Venus a bit more often? top 4 of my faves, for sure :yeah:

AjdeNate!
May 10th, 2004, 05:11 PM
first got the tip from Nate when i asked him how she played...guy is obsessed :p...first saw her play vs Daniilidou in Miami, and while that was an ugly loss she sure looked good losing :drool: i also liked her b/h in that match, even though that's not the typical match to make me into a fan.

followed her since then, but if she can play like she did vs Venus a bit more often? top 4 of my faves, for sure :yeah:
:dance: I'm all about conversions. :p

SJW
May 10th, 2004, 05:14 PM
and you got my backside firmly planted on the K-Lina bandwagon now :lol:

i think i'm obsessed now too...i'm making my mom sit down and watch her right now :lol:

AjdeNate!
May 10th, 2004, 05:16 PM
:haha: See, all you have to do is convert 4 friends/family and you get a special edition fan club member badge. :p

croat123
May 10th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Does K-lina know she has such a strong cult following?

CapFan#1
May 10th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Me too!!! I really like her play, personality, and she is pretty easy on the eyes!!!!

GO K-LINA!!!

Lady
May 10th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Well, I really was cheering for her, even without seeing her playing! Wanted to see her so badly, but Berlin semi was the 1st time... I was impressed to say the least ;)
Yep, I'm definitely a fan now :dance:

V-MAC
May 10th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Karolina was definitely very impressive against venus but i am one who for sure won't be becomming a fan of hers already.personally, i'm not a fan of her type of game.while yes she hits impressive winners coz she goes for everything but she plays so close to the lines( several of her winners came off the lines during venus match, alot if it hadn't been a clay court,could easily have been called out) that she leaves no margin for error whatsoever.Hence, when she is having an off or a slightly off day,she's gonna miss too often,then her game gonna look messy.it seems to me that too many people jumping on her bandwagon too quickly, the real test for her will be in the tournaments leading up to,and inlcuding,the french open to see if she can sustain this level of play. if she can, then i'll be most impressed :eek:

BTW, what i really do like about karolina,is that the girl has some serious attitude and personality which is much needed on the tour right now.too many up-and-coming players don't seem to have any aura about them at all.

V-MAC
May 12th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Karolina was definitely very impressive against venus but i am one who for sure won't be becomming a fan of hers already.personally, i'm not a fan of her type of game.while yes she hits impressive winners coz she goes for everything but she plays so close to the lines( several of her winners came off the lines during venus match, alot if it hadn't been a clay court,could easily have been called out) that she leaves no margin for error whatsoever.Hence, when she is having an off or a slightly off day,she's gonna miss too often,then her game gonna look messy.it seems to me that too many people jumping on her bandwagon too quickly, the real test for her will be in the tournaments leading up to,and inlcuding,the french open to see if she can sustain this level of play. if she can, then i'll be most impressed :eek:

BTW, what i really do like about karolina,is that the girl has some serious attitude and personality which is much needed on the tour right now.too many up-and-coming players don't seem to have any aura about them at all.

Gosh what i said back then made so much sense after her performance today :eek: looks like i was right :lol: :devil: :worship:

AjdeNate!
Jul 13th, 2004, 01:27 PM
There'a a growing fanbase 4 sure!!