PDA

View Full Version : Let's Wait To Hear From Players Before We Say They Are Out Of A Tournament

lizchris
May 9th, 2004, 06:32 PM
I'll admit that I made the mistake when I said Kim wasn't going to play the AO this year because of her ankle and she ended up getting to the final.

Now because of Venus' injury which caused her to miss the GO final, I have read that she will be out for a few days to she will be out for almost two months. The facts are she is on walkings aids (NOT crutches) and she has yet to see her own doctors as to whether it is a sprain or a strain (though from the looks of things, it is proabably a strain) means that she is still going to play the FO. The same holds true for Justine. Though someone said that they heard on a Danish TV station that Justine is already out of the FO, we have not heard from Justine, her husband or her coach, so as far as I am concerned, she is still playing. The one person who we know for sure isn't playing and that is Kim and that is because we heard it straight from her and her doctors that she would not be able to play.

There is nothing wrong with speculating (I stated that I don't think Kim will play Wimbledon and I am sticking by that opinion), but to say for sure someone isn't playing without gettin it from the player or her handlers should not be taken as the gospel.

vettipooh
May 9th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Let's just give well wishes,and hold positive thoughts!!!!!