PDA

View Full Version : Venus Williams Interview: May 9th(Finals)

Foot_Fault
May 9th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Berlin, 09 May 2004

Interview with VENUS WILLIAMS

Q: Commiserations on what’s happened. Maybe it’s fair to say that you knew yesterday that you could not play?

WILLIAMS: I can’t say I was expecting this, but it didn’t look good.

Q: When did you know exactly?

WILLIAMS: I guess this morning or really late in the evening, I knew that I couldn’t do anything.

Q: Have the doctor’s given you any indication on when you can play again=

WILLIAMS: I don’t know. I’ll try as soon as possible.

Q: Yes, but what did the doctor say?

WILLIAMS: I have to keep weight off my leg.

Q: And what did they say on when you can play again?

WILLIAMS: I am ready today, but then I am very ambitious.

Q: Is it just the ankle or the ankle and the hip?

WILLIAMS: Just the ankle.

Q: What exactly happened to it?

WILLIAMS: Obviously I twisted it yesterday. There’s a lot of swelling. I am waiting for the test to see exactly what it is? But I am very optimistic it is only strained and nothing worse.

Q: Are you afraid for Paris?

WILLIAMS: No, I’m not afraid yet.

Q: What are your plans now?

WILLIAMS: I will go home. It was my plan to go home after this tournament, so I’ll just go home.

Q: So the French Open will be next?

WILLIAMS: Yes.

Q: I think most people can sympathize with your predicament: You have been ill, came back, now your injured again. Could you value now whether it was the right decision to come back?

WILLIAMS: I mean I was fine until that happened. If I hadn’t twisted my ankle … I had an issue with my hip, but I could have rested it and be pretty much in control. The four weeks did me good. The three sets yesterday compared to the three sets in Warsaw, I was much more in control. So, I don’t regret anything.

Q: Are you pleased to have come back and won so many matches after a slow start at the beginning of the year?

WILLIAMS: Yes, I was starting to reach my goals. Once I started moving I was starting to move very fast. I was ready and able. I am fairly sure that I’d be in the top 5.

Q: Before this injury were you playing as well as anybody?

WILLIAMS: Yes, I was playing very well. I hope this injury will clear up.

Q: So are you planning come to Paris like two days before?

WILLIAMS: I have two weeks to get myself together. I am planning on coming.

Q: What exactly did you feel on the last game against Sprem?

WILLIAMS: Yes, it hurt a lot. I had to walk it off. I’ve done my ankle before and usually it’s fine until after the match. I was fine until a few hours after the match.

Q: When exactly was it? The 3 rd point?

WILLIAMS: The 3 rd or 4 th point go the last game.

Q: When you got out of bed, what did you have to do, to hop across the room?

WILLIAMS: Yes, I am really good at that now (laughs). Once I iced it I could have it vertically

Q: Your sense of humour is still intact.

WILLIAMS: I am a laugher. Everyone knows that (laughs).

Foot_Fault
May 9th, 2004, 06:17 PM
So it seems if she's going to play!!!

vs1
May 9th, 2004, 06:19 PM
LOVE THAT GIRL!!! :kiss: :kiss:

LindsayRocks89
May 9th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Venus is just great :bounce:

Kabezya
May 9th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Q: Are you pleased to have come back and won so many matches after a slow start at the beginning of the year?

WILLIAMS: Yes, I was starting to reach my goals. Once I started moving I was starting to move very fast. I was ready and able. I am fairly sure that Id be in the top 5.

My sentiments exactly. Venus only continues to improve and that itself has been such a wonderful example and image of her return - I'm fairly certain myself Venus will be back in the top 5 and I hope this injury clears up enough for her to play at the French. She's coming around nicely with her goals and it's been a pleasure to watch the transformation and growth since the beginning of this season with respect to those goals.

katrientje
May 9th, 2004, 07:07 PM
She is so great :-)
I hope she'll updat us soon on her website

Foot_Fault
May 9th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Yeah, Venus will be Talking to us soon, from her website, I'd say by thursday or Friday.

Seenus
May 9th, 2004, 07:33 PM
hunkess

TeeRexx
May 9th, 2004, 08:11 PM
VENUS is in great spirits and that will help a lot during her rehab.

WF4EVER
May 9th, 2004, 08:26 PM
So it seems if she's going to play!!!
I don't know about that. She may go to Paris; after all Venus is trying to be as optimistic as possible, but if this is serious, which she has yet to find out, playing is by no means a certainty.

It's clear that Venus is hyped to play now, even though she's had another setback. She is very motivated; her body just has to play catch-up.

Sportfan
May 9th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Venus has a great attitude hopefully what she hears is positive and she will be able to play at the FO.

Cariaoke
May 9th, 2004, 10:46 PM
I loveth her! :hearts: :kiss: