PDA

View Full Version : Top 4 RG seeds.

alwayshingis
May 9th, 2004, 02:35 PM
With Venus seeming to be out of the French Open now, and Kim having already withdrawn, that means: Justine is top seed, Serena's special seeding puts her #2, Mauresmo is #3, and Myskina can pass Davenport and take a top 4 seed at French with about a semifinal in Rome. Could get very interesting.

Lady
May 9th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Venus is not out of RG!!

Allez-H
May 9th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Calm down girl :)

~ The Leopard ~
May 9th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Momo has a lot to defend in Rome. Isn't her # 3 ranking still vulnerable, despite her showing in Berlin? I haven't tried doing any calculations...

Chunchun
May 9th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Venus :sad:
really hope that you can come back in RG.

seedings:
1. LenaD
2. Venus
3. Hantuchova
4. SFE

Lady
May 9th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Calm down girl

Sorry :o :angel:

This injury might heel in 4-5 days, or it can take her out for some weeks... Why make assumptions when nothing is known yet??? :shrug:

Lady
May 9th, 2004, 02:46 PM
And, alwayshingis, sorry it wasn't against you :o Just overreacted a lil bit ;)

V-MAC
May 9th, 2004, 02:57 PM
:o :o :o the french open might aswell be cancelled this year if it comes to the day where Anastasia Myskina is seeded #4 at a grand slam event :rolleyes: i'm sorry but no way should she deserve such a high seeding (or her current rank for that matter)

Allez-H
May 9th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Sorry :o :angel:

This injury might heel in 4-5 days, or it can take her out for some weeks... Why make assumptions when nothing is known yet??? :shrug:
It's ok I just really found it funny that somebody like you got so mad :p
Go watch some Justine pics on her site again,that might calm you down.It always works ;)

lizchris
May 9th, 2004, 03:05 PM
With Venus seeming to be out of the French Open now, and Kim having already withdrawn, that means: Justine is top seed, Serena's special seeding puts her #2, Mauresmo is #3, and Myskina can pass Davenport and take a top 4 seed at French with about a semifinal in Rome. Could get very interesting.Where is the official annoncement that she withdrew with an ankle strain sustained a few weeks before the start of a tournament?:rolleyes:

Foot_Fault
May 9th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Venus is not out of RG!!
THANK YOU!

Jorn
May 9th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Any news about Justine not playing at RG? (The Danish ES commentator said she already is out) what I don't believe is true, as she has just started her training.

Allez-H
May 9th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Any news about Justine not playing at RG? (The Danish ES commentator said she already is out) what I don't believe is true, as she has just started her training.
Justine started training seriously this week and all the news untill up now has been very positive.She's definitly NOT out...

Greenout
May 9th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Oh..Justine is going to RG. They're leaking too many stories to the press
in Belgium about her training etc... There's new studio pics, and supporter
Q&A's etc.. The JHH camp is acting like she's going, the official website
is getting everyone pumped up, Carlos is acting like she's going, PY is
acting like she's training, and she's not hiding out.

I'm just curious about how the seeding will shake out because the French
would love to seed Amelie at #2 if they could help it to have an all
Gallic Final; but Serena is a previous winner and they need to have
the big hype in the media for a Justine -vs- Serena rematch final.
Can't forget big LD, too! Where are they going to seed her?

Hmmmm...

hotandspicey
May 9th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Let's not count Venus out,just yet!!!!!

alwayshingis
May 9th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Alright, alright....remember i said seeming to be out of the French Open, but I am willing to put money on it that she won't play. But IF she doesn't, whoever (serena or justine) who doesn't draw Mauresmo in her half is going to have a much easier time. They'll need to put all the other good clay-courters in her half (petrova, sprem etc) just to make things even.

SJW
May 9th, 2004, 03:38 PM
*wondering if Henin playing RG is such a good idea*

if she gets her ass kicked (ala 02) the world and his wife will be on her back. Kim thought she was ok and is now out of the FO. it would be a shame if Henin coming back at RG meant she made it even worse and missed Wimbledon.

Allez-H
May 9th, 2004, 03:41 PM

if she gets her ass kicked (ala 02) the world and his wife will be on her back. Kim thought she was ok and is now out of the FO. it would be a shame if Henin coming back at RG meant she made it even worse and missed Wimbledon.
I'm sure whatever J's decison will be,it'll be the good ne for her.Besides in '02,she was already ill back at the Hamburg-tourney,but she still decided to play that plus Berlin (won) and Rome (final).Now she took a full 4 weeks of rest.
There's quite a difference

SJW
May 9th, 2004, 03:43 PM
I'm sure whatever J's decison will be,it'll be the good ne for her.Besides in '02,she was already ill back at the Hamburg-tourney,but she still decided to play that plus Berlin (won) and Rome (final).Now she took a full 4 weeks of rest.
There's quite a difference
so if she plays and loses she was ready to play?

Linnie
May 9th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Momo has a lot to defend in Rome. Isn't her # 3 ranking still vulnerable, despite her showing in Berlin? I haven't tried doing any calculations...Right now she's about 315 points ahead of Lindsay, and she's defending maybe a little more than that (darn, tenniscorner's down now :( ). If she does well in Rome, she'll be safe at #3 :)

Allez-H
May 9th, 2004, 03:47 PM
so if she plays and loses she was ready to play?
Don't know about that:it's a lottery.If plays somebody like Lukasevic in the first round she'll most probably beat her and then she can grow in the tourney,match by match.But if she meets a player like eg.Golovin,who's a very talented player and who'll have the whole crowd behind her,it will be more difficult and she might crash out because of the lack of competition.
If Justine were to play the french and she would crash out in the first or second round,it'll be more due to the lack of competition than it'll have to do with the virus she caught.

alwayshingis
May 9th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Right now she's about 315 points ahead of Lindsay, and she's defending maybe a little more than that (darn, tenniscorner's down now :( ). If she does well in Rome, she'll be safe at #3 :)

Lindsay is staying where she is points-wise at 2996 . After this week Mauresmo will be at 3455, and Myskina will be at 2936. Mauresmo is defending 367 points, and Myskina is defending 89. Meaning Myskina needs to get 241 more points than Mauresmo in Rome. So, essentially, if Mauresmo wins just one match, Myskina would need to win the tournament. A semifinal would automatically clinch the spot for Mauresmo, no matter what Myskina does. Myskina's only hope is if Sprem beats Mauresmo in their anticipated third round meeting.

Linnie
May 9th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Lindsay is staying where she is points-wise at 2996 . After this week Mauresmo will be at 3455, and Myskina will be at 2936. Mauresmo is defending 367 points, and Myskina is defending 89. Meaning Myskina needs to get 241 more points than Mauresmo in Rome. So, essentially, if Mauresmo wins just one match, Myskina would need to win the tournament. A semifinal would automatically clinch the spot for Mauresmo, no matter what Myskina does. Myskina's only hope is if Sprem beats Mauresmo in their anticipated third round meeting.Ah, ok. I didn't add today's points. Thanks for clearing that up! :)

prr_rrp
May 9th, 2004, 03:57 PM
With Venus seeming to be out of the French Open now, and Kim having already withdrawn, that means: Justine is top seed, Serena's special seeding puts her #2, Mauresmo is #3, and Myskina can pass Davenport and take a top 4 seed at French with about a semifinal in Rome. Could get very interesting.Justine would have been # 1 no matter what and after Kim's withdrawal , Serena would have been # 2 no matter what , Mauresmo was always going to be seeded just behind Serena so i don't see how any of that changed because of the "injury" to Venus. Yeah she would have been seeded 4 but what happened last time she got a seed she didn't deserve at a GS ? Yeah , she lost in straights in the 3rd round to a player barely in the top 30 :rolleyes:

Pureracket
May 9th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Justine would have been # 1 no matter what and after Kim's withdrawal , Serena would have been # 2 no matter what , Mauresmo was always going to be seeded just behind Serena so i don't see how any of that changed because of the "injury" to Venus. Yeah she would have been seeded 4 but what happened last time she got a seed she didn't deserve at a GS ? Yeah , she lost in straights in the 3rd round to a player barely in the top 30 :rolleyes:Wow!!!!!!! You really are a troll. There is not one, single supportive post you have, and all your posts are negative:

http://www.wtaworld.com/search.php?searchid=125221

joaco
May 9th, 2004, 05:38 PM
I still don't understand why Serena should get a special seeding? How long does it take? She's already played about 3 tournaments.... she has the special seeding for about 6? Is that correct?

Joaco

AnDyDog621
May 9th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Isn't Myskina ranked #5 in the world...and she could move up to #3 if things go right next week...so how would it be bad if she got seeded #4??

LindsayRocks89
May 9th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Justine would have been # 1 no matter what and after Kim's withdrawal , Serena would have been # 2 no matter what , Mauresmo was always going to be seeded just behind Serena so i don't see how any of that changed because of the "injury" to Venus. Yeah she would have been seeded 4 but what happened last time she got a seed she didn't deserve at a GS ? Yeah , she lost in straights in the 3rd round to a player barely in the top 30 :rolleyes:

you are the most rude poster i have ever met, every thing i have read is negative, you need to get over yourself buddy :D

LindsayRocks89
May 9th, 2004, 05:42 PM
First of all Venus hasn't pulled out and i honestly think she'll be fine by Paris, but i think the top 4 would be.......
1.Justine
2.Serena
3.Amelie
4.Lindsay/Venus

the only question i have is since the special seedings don't apply at grandslams then they could see Vee and Serena according to their actual rankings, which would make their home player momo number 2.

veera
May 9th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Justine would have been # 1 no matter what and after Kim's withdrawal , Serena would have been # 2 no matter what , Mauresmo was always going to be seeded just behind Serena so i don't see how any of that changed because of the "injury" to Venus. Yeah she would have been seeded 4 but what happened last time she got a seed she didn't deserve at a GS ? Yeah , she lost in straights in the 3rd round to a player barely in the top 30 :rolleyes:

:wavey: You're rude, and you're wrong. Grand Slams can do the seeds the way they want. If Serena, Justine, Kim, Amelie and Venus would have all played, the seeds would have probably been like this:
1. Justine
2. Kim
3. Serena
4. Amelie
5. Venus

Martian KC
May 9th, 2004, 06:07 PM

*Takes a note of your sincere concern* :rolleyes:

SJW
May 9th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Don't know about that:it's a lottery.If plays somebody like Lukasevic in the first round she'll most probably beat her and then she can grow in the tourney,match by match.But if she meets a player like eg.Golovin,who's a very talented player and who'll have the whole crowd behind her,it will be more difficult and she might crash out because of the lack of competition.
If Justine were to play the french and she would crash out in the first or second round,it'll be more due to the lack of competition than it'll have to do with the virus she caught.
you mean "lack of match play"? possibly. but she's good enough to win on this surface without playing matches. :)

bis2806
May 9th, 2004, 06:24 PM
there's no way myskina will pass davenport! dream on!!!

SJW
May 9th, 2004, 06:36 PM
*Takes a note of your sincere concern* :rolleyes:
:yeah:

glad to see you've got over your defensive dickshit act

Allez-H
May 9th, 2004, 06:39 PM
you mean "lack of match play"? possibly. but she's good enough to win on this surface without playing matches. :)
Oopsy,my bad :o

Leo_DFP
May 9th, 2004, 06:48 PM
:wavey: You're rude, and you're wrong. Grand Slams can do the seeds the way they want. If Serena, Justine, Kim, Amelie and Venus would have all played, the seeds would have probably been like this:
1. Justine
2. Kim
3. Serena
4. Amelie
5. Venus
No, seeding for all tournaments is based on the Entry System rankings. That includes all Grand Slams, except for, of course, Wimbledon with its ridiculous and stupid subjective seedings. Obviously special seedings complicate the situation, though.

P.S. Kim is officially out of RG.

veera
May 9th, 2004, 07:07 PM
No, seeding for all tournaments is based on the Entry System rankings. That includes all Grand Slams, except for, of course, Wimbledon with its ridiculous and stupid subjective seedings. Obviously special seedings complicate the situation, though.

P.S. Kim is officially out of RG.

Yes, my English is not that good... I meant, that the Grand Slams are not obligated to seed Serena 2nd and Venus 4th, though they have injury rankings. Am I right? And I thought other Grand Slams than Wimbledon can do the same thing...
And I knew Kim was out, I said if they all would have played the rankings would have probably been like that.

Martian KC
May 9th, 2004, 08:48 PM
:yeah:

glad to see you've got over your defensive dickshit act

Nice to know you haven't.

fammmmedspin
May 10th, 2004, 02:39 AM
:o :o :o the french open might aswell be cancelled this year if it comes to the day where Anastasia Myskina is seeded #4 at a grand slam event :rolleyes: i'm sorry but no way should she deserve such a high seeding (or her current rank for that matter)
Its got something to do with the fact she has probably beaten more top players since wimbledon 03 than both Williams sisters, Davenport and Capriati put together? Hardly surprising she is ranked highly when she has been winning tournaments and beating top players and others havn't.

fammmmedspin
May 10th, 2004, 02:43 AM
I still don't understand why Serena should get a special seeding? How long does it take? She's already played about 3 tournaments.... she has the special seeding for about 6? Is that correct?

Joaco
4-8 seedings depending on whim if they extend beyond 4 seedings to 8 which is the number of special rankings she was given. Don't think it includes GS from memory.

~ The Leopard ~
May 10th, 2004, 03:34 AM
Thanks, alwayshingis. To sum up, it is theoretically possible that Anastasia could be ranked # 3 after Rome, but she would have to do very well and Amelie would have to do very badly.

Y'know, I like Nastya but it seems incredible that we are now discussing even the theoretical possibility that she could reach # 3 next week. But there it is. In theory it could happen.