PDA

View Full Version : so if venus doesn't play FO, the champion is wide open?

tyk101
May 9th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Or will Serena take it? - not played on clay this year

Henin? - injured

Clijsters - not playing for definite

Think it's a golden opportunity for the likes of Mauresmo, Davenport, and Cap to win it, but could a dark horse could really take it?

If Seles comes back fit and healthy and eager, she could really get through with the help of a nice draw.

But hope venus plays

Allez-H
May 9th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Justine isn't injured,she suffered from a virus and she's getting better.it will be more a question of:how will she play at the French (if she will) with no matchrythm whatsoever;

tyk101
May 9th, 2004, 02:37 PM
sorry, ye her CMV virus.

Chunchun
May 9th, 2004, 02:54 PM
LenaD will win RG

Dava
May 9th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Who knows its to early to say, even those still playing have injurys like Serena, Amelie, Myskina, Jen and Elena D.

7~LV3
May 9th, 2004, 02:57 PM
KAROLINA SPREM will have a breakthrough...

Experimentee
May 9th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Serena played at Amelia Island this year. Anyway I dont think lack of clay practice will really hinder her that much seeing she came back from injury and won Miami straight away.

SJW
May 9th, 2004, 03:02 PM
if Venus wasn't injured, i woulda put my money on her.

now...heart? Serena. but i think Mauresmo will make some noise, maybe even winning it

PatM04
May 9th, 2004, 03:04 PM
I will say Mauresmo, Davenport or Serena are the conetenders this year if Venus is not 100% or she doesn't play. If Jennifer can get it together against the top players (although she had a nice win over Anastasia) she can also be a threat. If Venus is healthy I would say she and Amelie are the main title contenders given their recent play.

faboozadoo15
May 9th, 2004, 03:30 PM
this all spells SELES loudly...
mauresmo will probably choke again... i think she would thrive under a relatively tough draw with as little recognition as possible. and if a lot of the top players aren't there, she'll be under the microscope, and that's not what she needs.
jen is finally getting it back and could have a nice run..
davenport- i'd be really surprised if she made it past the quarterfinals, but hey, she played so well on the green clay, maybe she could really surprise me and complete her trophy case.
dementieva- can she really win 7 in a row? that's the biggest question. she's capable of big wins surely, but to string a few in a row doesn't look all that promising.
sprem- shining so bright;y now, she needs to hold her level up.

selesfan
May 9th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Justine has already started training so she will be back, maybe not 100% but she has won before when she is not 100%, we still have Serena, Lindsay, Amelie, Jennifer and Anastasia. I wouldn't call the championship wide open just because Kim and Venus are out.

Eurotennisfan
May 9th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Let's hope the tennis gods will be smiliing on Amelie!

tennisIlove09
May 9th, 2004, 03:51 PM
This week will decide on how well Serena is playing. With Venus out, I think Lindsay and Jennifer will be the favorites.

Why? JHH hasn't played forever; Kim's out; Mauresmo has mental issues in Paris.

harloo
May 9th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Hmmmm......me thinks Dallas is happy that maybe just maybe Serena won't win.:lol:

Anyways, I think it will be between H-H,Serena, and I'm iffy on Mauresmo. Lindsay is not quite the player on red clay. Too bad Venus may be out, I was hoping that she could win the FO. Hopefully she will be ready for Wimby.

But I will make a prediction and say that someone will come through to the finals that is unexpected. They may even win.:D

Foot_Fault
May 9th, 2004, 04:00 PM
LenaD will win RG
If she go out and Buy a Serve...that's Possible.

prr_rrp
May 9th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Even with Venus was playing RG would have been a wide open slam. Its not like she is a past champ or anything. Previously she has been beaten in Round 1 and just last year got her ass kicked in the 4 th round by a rookie. The last slam she played in she was ousted in straights in the 3 rd round . Favorite ? My ass :rolleyes:

BlinX
May 9th, 2004, 04:03 PM
I still don't understand how some people can put Justine out of it...its not like she doesn't know how to play :rolleyes:

Lady
May 9th, 2004, 04:26 PM
I guess they suppose Justine forgot how to play for 6 weeks ;) I'm Ok with it... Justine wasn't the favourite in AO too, before Kim got injured ;) So I don't mind at all :)

ys
May 9th, 2004, 04:27 PM
It is wide open even if everyone plays. No one is invincible these days.

Allez-H
May 9th, 2004, 04:31 PM
I guess they suppose Justine forgot how to play for 6 weeks ;) I'm Ok with it... Justine wasn't the favourite in AO too, before Kim got injured ;) So I don't mind at all :)
Yeah,the lesser pressure the better.

Dava
May 9th, 2004, 04:33 PM
anyone for an outside bet on Iva Majoli?

Vincent
May 9th, 2004, 04:38 PM
I would put my money on Kuznetsova. :)

Leo_DFP
May 9th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Wow, another golden opportunity for Davenport, Mauresmo, and Capriati. They've haven't been able to take advantage in the past, but will they this time? Or will we finally see the rise of a Russian to a substantial title win - possibly Kuznetsova, Petrova, Zvonareva, Myskina, or Dementieva? Or pmaybe Sprem will surprise us all.

pav
May 10th, 2004, 12:15 AM
Think not with Your heart, just use Your head, the champion will be Vera Z.

switz
May 10th, 2004, 12:30 AM
Patty has it in the bag