PDA

View Full Version : Venus out for 6-8 weeks !?

V-MAC
May 9th, 2004, 02:04 PM
according to the eurosport commentators,Jo Durie and Simon Reed today, they thought with venus' sprained ankle injury that it would be likely that she would be out for at least 6-8 weeks :eek: :sad: I hope she won't be out for anywhere near that length of time. However when venus was interviewed courtside after the trophy presentation cermony, she said that this ankle sprain was her "worst injury". :confused: you would think, and even jo said that surely venus's abdominal strain was much worse than this.venus,obvious to say,didn't feel too optimistic about her chances of being able to compete in the french open when questioned about it :sad: anyway i wish venus a very speedy recovery and i'll admit that i would much prefer to see a fully-fit venus waiting to play again at wimbledon rather than a only only half-fit venus rushing to play in the french open.hope your injury heals real soon venus!! :) your real fans are behind you 100% and look forward to you extending your winning streak when you come back :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: you've done us real proud the last few weeks :bounce: :worship:

K-Dog
May 9th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Are you kidding? Venus will have to miss the French and Wimbledon!!

flyingmachine
May 9th, 2004, 02:07 PM
according to the eurosport commentators,Jo Durie and Simon Reed today, they thought with venus' sprained ankle injury that it would be likely that she would be out for at least 6-8 weeks :eek: :sad: I hope she won't be out for anywhere near that length of time. However when venus was interviewed courtside after the trophy presentation cermony, she said that this ankle sprain was her "worst injury". :confused: you would think, and even jo said that surely venus's abdominal strain was much worse than this.venus,obvious to say,didn't feel too optimistic about her chances of being able to compete in the french open when questioned about it :sad: anyway i wish venus a very speedy recovery and i'll admit that i would much prefer to see a fully-fit venus waiting to play again at wimbledon rather than a only only half-fit venus rushing to play in the french open.hope your injury heals real soon venus!! :) your real fans are behind you 100% and look forward to you extending your winning streak when you come back :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: you've done us real proud the last few weeks :bounce: :worship:

Is that mean she will MISS Paris and maybe Wimblendon. :eek:

K-Dog
May 9th, 2004, 02:09 PM
I knew that she shouldn't have played Berlin. She's so fragile, and she shouldn't be played 4 weeks in a row!! Look what happens, she won't play the French(a tournament which she was going to be a favorite in!!)

K-Dog
May 9th, 2004, 02:12 PM
On WTAtour.com, Venus said that she wants to give the ankle ample time to heal and that she wants to be well prepared for the French!! She sound opptomistic there. This was said today as well!!

vettipooh
May 9th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Oh no!!!I hope not 6-8 weeks!!!!!Damn, damn damn!!!Looks like she might miss the french,but PLEASE NOT WIMBLEDON!!!!!!Get better real fast Vee,the tour and fans,needs you!!!!!

switz
May 9th, 2004, 02:14 PM
i would question whether or not this was a joke if you hadn't just gave me a positive rep for my post about the anna thread.

this really sucks for venus if it's true. one very small positive for some people is that teerexx will probably disappear again. it's not good at all though. i was looking forward to a great RG but it's just getting weaker and weaker and it's seems my outlandish prediction that patty would win has become pretty realistic (presuming her injury doesn't force her out as well).

Allez-H
May 9th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Ok I don't get it..Is this info for real???
i still think she can get ready for the French.I remember Justine sprankled her ankle at the Berlin-semi 3 years ago against Jen and it looked quite bad too since she didn't finish the match.But she still got ready for the French and she even made her breaktrough there so..

moon
May 9th, 2004, 02:16 PM
:rolleyes: I think you guys are panicking for no reason. Just because Jo Durie says that Venus MIGHT be out 6-8 weeks, that does not mean it's a FACT. Just wait and see what Vee's camp says.

JennyS
May 9th, 2004, 02:19 PM
I hope Venus will be healthy enough to play the French Open! She's been playing so well lately!

Andrew.
May 9th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Venus should recover 100% and skip RG. She could be a big fave for Wimby if healthy.

K-Dog
May 9th, 2004, 02:22 PM
At Eurosprot, it says that she can't comment on the injury at the time. She says that she needs more tests done and that she hopes it's just a sprain and nothing else. Don't forget about Kim earlier in the year at the Hopman. She was doubtful with her ankle(which might require surgery down the road anyway).

V-MAC
May 9th, 2004, 02:27 PM
i'm sure lots of other people on this board watched eurosport's supposed coverage of the final today and heard what i've posted so i'm not lying.wish i was though.

Greenout
May 9th, 2004, 02:29 PM
Don't listen to Simon Reed, and Jo Durie- they are outta the loop.
They said Justine was playing Miami! :haha:

Lady
May 9th, 2004, 02:32 PM
If that would be according to doctors, since went commentators are such a professionals in medicine??

VENUS didn't say so!, and that's the most important! ;)

pcrtennis
May 9th, 2004, 02:32 PM

You are an idiot. :tape: She said she is going to be ready to play the French. STOP POSTING RUMORS THAT ARE SO UNBELIEVABLY STUPID AND UNTRUE!! :fiery: :rolleyes: :o :mad:

Greenout
May 9th, 2004, 02:34 PM
When did we start to actually believe tv commentary by of all people a
former BRITISH WTA player like Jo Durie? Pleeeeeeeeeze. :p

V-MAC
May 9th, 2004, 02:47 PM
You are an idiot. :tape: She said she is going to be ready to play the French. STOP POSTING RUMORS THAT ARE SO UNBELIEVABLY STUPID AND UNTRUE!! :fiery: :rolleyes: :o :mad:
I wouldn't post rumors about my favourite player in the whole wide world first of all :o :mad: :fiery: like i said before, i'm only posting WHAT I HEARD ON EUROSPORT.now if you didn't see eurosport today, you can't comment so hush.now i'm guessing that venus said that she would be ready to play the french AFTER she came off the court today after the trophy presentation coz when questioned on court, and eurosport showed it so i aint lying, venus looked far from optimistic about her chances of participating in the french saying that she didn't want to think about it right then. taking pcrtennis, that your source is true where venus said that she is going to be ready to play the french,i hope to God then so that is true - providing she is fully fit by then.

BTW with regards to another post here, Jo Durie seems to have been an actually pretty good tennis player as she said this week that she reached the quarters at Berlin a few times(i'm sure she wasn't refering to the qualys :o ) and she even took graf to 3 sets :eek:

Dava
May 9th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Actually Venus herself said she cant veen think about being ready for the French atm, shes going to concentrate on tryoing to get healthy, before she makes any desicion about playing.

Darran
May 9th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Venus seemed to be walking fine, even though she had crutches she wasn't using them as you would expect someone to be. I don't think she will be outfor the french, just resting it as I'm sure she doesn't want to aggrevate it further.

lizchris
May 9th, 2004, 02:59 PM
A strain is diffeent from a sprain. Had she sprained it, she would probalby not be able to play the French Open, but since it is a strain, it will hurt for now, but should be fine in a few days if she stay off of it.

I think this being out 6-8 weeks is a exaggeration. More like a few days to two weeks.

MLF
May 9th, 2004, 03:02 PM
a former BRITISH WTA player like Jo Durie? Pleeeeeeeeeze. :p

Jo was a good player, a good serve and volleyer. She made #5 in the world, reached the semi finals of the US Open and French Open ( led her semi 6-3 5-2 ) and the quarters of both Wimbledon and the US Open. A good record by anyone's standards.

Foot_Fault
May 9th, 2004, 03:09 PM
according to the eurosport commentators,Jo Durie and Simon Reed today, they thought with venus' sprained ankle injury that it would be likely that she would be out for at least 6-8 weeks :eek: :sad: I hope she won't be out for anywhere near that length of time. However when venus was interviewed courtside after the trophy presentation cermony, she said that this ankle sprain was her "worst injury". :confused: you would think, and even jo said that surely venus's abdominal strain was much worse than this.venus,obvious to say,didn't feel too optimistic about her chances of being able to compete in the french open when questioned about it :sad: anyway i wish venus a very speedy recovery and i'll admit that i would much prefer to see a fully-fit venus waiting to play again at wimbledon rather than a only only half-fit venus rushing to play in the french open.hope your injury heals real soon venus!! :) your real fans are behind you 100% and look forward to you extending your winning streak when you come back :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: you've done us real proud the last few weeks :bounce: :worship:Ok, this person is exaggerating somewhat. I listened to the interview. Venus didn't definitively say Yes or No when asked about Paris and the ankle. She said....I am going to Rest it up, go home, see my family, and We'll See! It's a sprain..not Broken. If she's off of it for about a week, treating it with ice and things of that nature, she'll be able to hit in about 7 days, and in Paris.

Until Venus says it herself...I expect her in Paris.

Pureracket
May 9th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Even if this were true, I don't see how Durie & Co. could've gotten this information. Honestly, we won't even know what condition she's in until the day of the opening round match @ the FO(=).

We know how guarded the Williams camp is with injury information, so I don't think we should try to guess and second guess ourselves on this one.

Pureracket
May 9th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Uh-oh, the vultures are starting to circle.

hotandspicey
May 9th, 2004, 04:00 PM
No predictions until the draw is out!!!! Let us just hope that the injury will NOT keep her out that long!

prr_rrp
May 9th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Did i hear someone say , "Good Riddance" ? Nah? must be hearing things these days

Pureracket
May 9th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Did i hear someone say , "Good Riddance" ? Nah? must be hearing things these daysWow!!!!!!! You really are a troll. There is not one, single supportive post you have, and all your posts are negative:

http://www.wtaworld.com/search.php?searchid=125221

BlinX
May 9th, 2004, 04:05 PM
On WTAtour.com, Venus said that she wants to give the ankle ample time to heal and that she wants to be well prepared for the French!! She sound opptomistic there. This was said today as well!!

she also said that about playing the berlin final ... :rolleyes:

Eurotennisfan
May 9th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Here is the deal with ankle injuries (I had one):

*If it is just a sprain you can start playing in about 2 weeks time
*If it a strain you can start playing in 2 weeks time
*With an ankle injury it is hard to tell if it is broken or not because it is impossible to tell on ex-rays right after the injury whether it was broken or not (in my case, I was told it was just a sprain...when in reality my recovery time was 5 weeks, and it was fracture).
*A break in any of the bones of the foot or ankle could mean 5-6 weeks plus the hard task of rebuilding the muscles around the foot.
*A full blow broken ankle can mean 2-3 months of recovery even!

lizchris
May 9th, 2004, 04:08 PM
she also said that about playing the berlin final ... :rolleyes:
She strained her ankle last night; the French Open starts two weeks from tomorrow.

Kornelija
May 9th, 2004, 04:10 PM
what a hell...I can't understand what the hell is this game doing to the top players. Justine, Serena, Kim, Venus are injured or ill. Mauresmo, Davenport, Capriati can get injured quite easily. So who will play then???

Knizzle
May 9th, 2004, 04:19 PM
I just read Venus' interview and she said she was going to the French. She never intimated that her going there was in doubt at all.

lizchris
May 9th, 2004, 04:23 PM
I just read Venus' interview and she said she was going to the French. She never intimated that her going there was in doubt at all.
Knizzle, where did you see this?

I'd like to read it, thanks.

Eurotennisfan
May 9th, 2004, 04:24 PM
I strain is different from a sprain. A strain is just over-worked muscles/tissue...a sprain is broken muscles. WHICH does VENUS have?

Knizzle
May 9th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Knizzle, where did you see this?

I'd like to read it, thanks.
http://www.content.german-open.org/

lizchris
May 9th, 2004, 04:30 PM
http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_articles/01/06/20040509083109990003.409e353f-002a2-0269e-6e89bccdAP
Venus Williams, accompanied by Amelie Mauresmo, leaves the winner's circle on crutches.

This picture is from an article I got from AOL.com. These are not crutches, they are walking aids that I see old people using all the time. This means she can put some pressure on her foot and isn't as serious as it seems.

Knizzle
May 9th, 2004, 04:33 PM
BTW, this thread title should be changed. Unless a doctor says 6-8 weeks then it's not worth discussing.

Leo_DFP
May 9th, 2004, 04:35 PM
It's so sad to see her on crutches. :sad:

lizchris
May 9th, 2004, 04:38 PM
http://www.content.german-open.org/
This is in German; can I translate it to English?

Knizzle
May 9th, 2004, 04:40 PM
This is in German; can I translate it to English?
Navigate through the site and find "Press Conferences" and find Venus' May 9 interview.

Venus Forever
May 9th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Okay people, let's remember now that the Eurosport commentators are NOT doctors. ;)

lizchris
May 9th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Navigate through the site and find "Press Conferences" and find Venus' May 9 interview.
Thank you.

vs1
May 9th, 2004, 05:12 PM
She sounds upbeat in her interview, so that's a good thing. I am hoping that her optimism will allow her a quick recovery. GET BETTER SOON VENUS!! :kiss:

LindsayRocks89
May 9th, 2004, 05:33 PM
i haven't read this anymore, but i just want her to be healthy no matter how long it takes, but from Vee's interview she seems very optimistic about playing at the french and that hopefully it won't take to long to heal

New_balls_please
May 9th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Venus :sad:

DunkMachine
May 9th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Sprained ankles usually take 4-6 weeks to heal. Anyone who has had this injury knows this. Including I

"Topaz"
May 9th, 2004, 06:00 PM
For convenience, here is the document Knizzle is referring to. It can be tricky to find (and somewhat tricky to convert from pdf)

Berlin, 09 May 2004
Interview with VENUS WILLIAMS

Q: Commiserations on whatís happened. Maybe itís fair to say that you knew yesterday that you
could not play?
WILLIAMS: I canít say I was expecting this, but it didnít look good.
Q: When did you know exactly?
WILLIAMS: I guess this morning or really late in the evening, I knew that I couldnít do anything.
Q: Have the doctorís given you any indication on when you can play again=
WILLIAMS: I donít know. Iíll try as soon as possible.
Q: Yes, but what did the doctor say?
WILLIAMS: I have to keep weight off my leg.
Q: And what did they say on when you can play again?
WILLIAMS: I am ready today, but then I am very ambitious.
Q: Is it just the ankle or the ankle and the hip?
WILLIAMS: Just the ankle.
Q: What exactly happened to it?
WILLIAMS: Obviously I twisted it yesterday. Thereís a lot of swelling. I am waiting for the test to
see exactly what it is? But I am very optimistic it is only strained and nothing worse.
Q: Are you afraid for Paris?
WILLIAMS: No, Iím not afraid yet.
Q: What are your plans now?
WILLIAMS: I will go home. It was my plan to go home after this tournament, so Iíll just go home.
Q: So the French Open will be next?
WILLIAMS: Yes.
Q: I think most people can sympathize with your predicament: You have been ill, came back, now
your injured again. Could you value now whether it was the right decision to come back?
WILLIAMS: I mean I was fine until that happened. If I hadnít twisted my ankle Ö I had an issue
with my hip, but I could have rested it and be pretty much in control. The four weeks did me good.
The three sets yesterday compared to the three sets in Warsaw, I was much more in control. So, I
donít regret anything.
Q: Are you pleased to have come back and won so many matches after a slow start at the beginning
of the year?
WILLIAMS: Yes, I was starting to reach my goals. Once I started moving I was starting to move very fast. I was ready and able. I am fairly sure that Iíd be in the top 5.
Q: Before this injury were you playing as well as anybody?
WILLIAMS: Yes, I was playing very well. I hope this injury will clear up.
Q: So are you planning come to Paris like two days before?
WILLIAMS: I have two weeks to get myself together. I am planning on coming.
Q: What exactly did you feel on the last game against Sprem?
WILLIAMS: Yes, it hurt a lot. I had to walk it off. Iíve done my ankle before and usually itís fine
until after the match. I was fine until a few hours after the match.
Q: When exactly was it? The 3rd point?
WILLIAMS: The 3rd or 4th point go the last game.
Q: When you got out of bed, what did you have to do, to hop across the room?
WILLIAMS: Yes, I am really good at that now (laughs). Once I iced it I could have it vertically
Q: Your sense of humour is still intact.
WILLIAMS: I am a laugher. Everyone knows that (laughs).

The blue highlight is interesting and kind of unexpected.

lizchris
May 9th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Sprained ankles usually take 4-6 weeks to heal. Anyone who has had this injury knows this. Including I
Which is how long it took Serena to come back after she sprained her ankle right before the 2002 AO.

Melly Flew Us
May 9th, 2004, 06:28 PM
http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_articles/01/06/20040509083109990003.409e353f-002a2-0269e-6e89bccdThese are not crutches, they are walking aids that I see old people using all the time. This means she can put some pressure on her foot and isn't as serious as it seems.

these r crutches whose black cuffs r obscured by venus' black jacket (look @ right arm, 1/2way btween jacket cuff and hair)

neway she wasn't really using the crutches to support her weight properly although she did sit for the majority of the ceremony.

read into that wot u will.

lizchris
May 9th, 2004, 06:32 PM
[/left]

these r crutches whose black cuffs r obscured by venus' black jacket (look @ right arm, 1/2way btween jacket cuff and hair)

neway she wasn't really using the crutches to support her weight properly although she did sit for the majority of the ceremony.

read into that wot u will.

Funny, when I tore my ACL, those were not the crutches I used.

harloo
May 9th, 2004, 06:36 PM
momo looks kind of old in the pic. Poor Venus. I had a feeling something like this would happen. She should of only played 2 tournaments and came into the French ready.:sad:

Knizzle
May 9th, 2004, 06:41 PM
It may take 4-6 weeks for it to not be sore anymore, but you can walk and run fine after a week.

DunkMachine
May 9th, 2004, 09:10 PM
It may take 4-6 weeks for it to not be sore anymore, but you can walk and run fine after a week.
But Venus did keep playing after spraining it, so 6-8 weeks sounds about accurate.

"Topaz"
May 9th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Venus said "~ most likely strain" but you guys keep talking about "sprain". What gives?

On another note, I'm not one to notice, or comment on, hair quickly; but Venus's hair! Oh boy! I think a nice trim would be beneficial. I also concede my opinion is not that relevant.

fammmmedspin
May 9th, 2004, 11:58 PM
Even if this were true, I don't see how Durie & Co. could've gotten this information. Honestly, we won't even know what condition she's in until the day of the opening round match @ the FO(=).

We know how guarded the Williams camp is with injury information, so I don't think we should try to guess and second guess ourselves on this one.
THe assessment of how bad the injury was was made on the basis of watching what happened and rewatching it in slo-mo. They were implying that the angle the ankle moved through, the weight on it at the time and the loudness of Venus shouting meant it was bad. They were presumably basing it on their own experience of twisted ankles and those they had seen go before. They could of course have got it all wrong. Venus didn't sound like someone who had been told it would be alright - but perhaps she hadn't seen the right doctor yet.

Rub
May 10th, 2004, 01:02 AM
she'll miss the french... and maybe wimbledon... but i really hope not!

cheo23
May 10th, 2004, 02:11 AM
I say she'll be Just Fine Enterin the FRench Open..Get it TOgether!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knizzle
May 10th, 2004, 02:17 AM
Sprained or Twisted ankle

What is a sprained ankle?

The most common type of ankle injury is a sprain. A sprain is stretching and tearing of ligaments. (You sprain a ligament and strain a muscle).

The most common damage done in an ankle sprain is to the talo-fibula ligament. If the injury is worse you might also damage the calcanao-fibula ligament. In addition to the ligament damage you could well have damaged tendons as well.

How can sports massage help accelerate healing? (sprained_ankle/sports_massage.php)
There are three degrees of ligament sprain:

First degree:

Some stretching or perhaps tearing of the ligament.
Little or no joint instability.
Mild pain
Little swelling
Some joint stiffness.
Second degree:

Some tearing of the ligament fibres
Moderate instability of the joint
Moderate to severe pain
Swelling and stiffness
Which strengthening exercises are important? (sprained_ankle/strengthening.php)
Third degree:

Total rupture of a ligament
Gross instability of the joint
Severe pain initially followed by no pain
Severe swelling
What can the athlete do?

Aim to reduce the swelling by R.I.C.E. (iceankle.htm) (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) as soon as possible.
Protect the injured ankle by taping or a support (although do not rely on them for ever as this will weaken the joint).
Rest the injured ankle - use crutches if necessary - no weight bearing for 24 hours, longer if necessary.
See a sports injury specialist who can advise on rehabilitation including mobility, and strengthening.
How can the ankle be taped to prevent spraining again? (sprained_ankle/taping.php)
What can a sports injury specialist do about it?

Prescribe anti inflammatory medication.
Reduce swelling by compression devices.
Use ultra sound and laser treatment.
Use cross friction massage.
Prescribe a full rehabilitation programme.

Knizzle
May 10th, 2004, 02:20 AM
Third degree:

Total rupture of a ligament
Gross instability of the joint
Severe pain initially followed by no pain
Severe swelling
I had the severe pain initially followed by no pain once, but I don't think I had third degree.

LiliaLee-Frazier
May 10th, 2004, 02:50 AM
Yeah..she was being so optimistic last night to in hope of playing in the german finals..but.hey..i really hope she plays these next two grand slams..hopefully these next 2 weeks will be good enough for a recovery if it is only a slight sprain :D

Knizzle
May 10th, 2004, 04:45 AM
I just saw Venus sprain her ankle on CNN, it was a nasty sprain. You could see the extreme pain on her face.

Melly Flew Us
May 10th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Funny, when I tore my ACL, those were not the crutches I used.
funny, when i tore my patella tendon these are the crutches i had 2 use.

correct me if i'm wrong but i presume u used underarm crutches.

or maybe crutches in the usa ain't the same as crutches in the uk.

lizchris
May 10th, 2004, 05:09 PM
funny, when i tore my patella tendon these are the crutches i had 2 use.

correct me if i'm wrong but i presume u used underarm crutches.

or maybe crutches in the usa ain't the same as crutches in the uk.
I used the underarm crutches because I had to keep pressure off of the knee.

Melly Flew Us
May 10th, 2004, 05:15 PM
I used the underarm crutches because I had to keep pressure off of the knee.
and i had to hop along. god save the nhs.

Melly Flew Us
May 10th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Sprained or Twisted ankle [?]...Prescribe a full rehabilitation programme.

u went deep but it's safe cuzz.

lizchris
May 10th, 2004, 05:17 PM
That's why I don't think the injury is that serious. If she had the ankle elevated, then I think there would ve little chance she would be able to play the FO.

DA FOREHAND
May 10th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Two words Jana Novotna

hewittrok
May 10th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Venus Williams in doubt for French Open after Berlin default

May 9, 2004
BERLIN (AFP) - Venus Williams is a doubtful starter at the French Open in two weeks time after she was forced to default the German Open final.

The third-seeded American injured her left ankle during the final game of her semi-final win over Croatian teenager Karolina Sprem, which she won 2-6, 6-3, 6-4, and despite treatment Williams was reduced on Sunday to hobbling around on crutches.

The title was awarded to second seed Amelie Mauresmo of France. She also won the title in 2001, after establishing herself by reaching the final as a qualifier in 1998 and then going on to reach the 1999 Australian Open final.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/spo/med/2004/05/ten/1084117303.jpg

Williams will now return home as planned and try to prepare for Roland Garros, but she has no idea when she will be able to return to the court.

"I'll try for as soon as possible, basically," she said. "I've just got to keep the weight off my leg and see how it goes. There's a lot of swelling, and I'm waiting for the tests to see exactly what the issue is. I'm optimistic it's a strain and not anything more."

The injury is another setback for the former world number one, just as she was building up confidence after a 2003 season that was devastated by injury.

In the same period last year she suffered a stomach muscle injury during the Warsaw final - ironically against Mauresmo. Although she then struggled on until Wimbledon , where she fought though obvious pain before losing the final to sister Serena, she played no more events for the rest of the year.

After her return at the Australian Open in January, a leg muscle injury forced her to default her quarter-final match in Tokyo, and she then withdrew from Antwerp.

Melly Flew Us
May 10th, 2004, 05:37 PM
That's why I don't think the injury is that serious. If she had the ankle elevated, then I think there would ve little chance she would be able to play the FO.
as i said she wasn't using them properly anyway, at least fr wot i could see via eurosport.

however she could have been disobeying orders or my eyesight could be deteriorating further.

in any event the prescription of crutches in the uk can be for any ailment which hinders movement ranging fr sprains to breaks and that is the bias with which i viewed her roll-up.

TeeRexx
May 10th, 2004, 07:00 PM
I had a strrained knee, that I received in martial arts practice, that swoll up and was painful for a few days, but I was back at full power in two weeks.

Of course, VENUS , may have a totally different situation altogether, but if she does play RG, maybe it will compell her to play better net game and more often as well.:cool: