PDA

View Full Version : Is bartoli in a slump?

Gowza
May 9th, 2004, 02:46 PM
i haven followed her closely this year but it seems like she hasnt done all that well. she is still ranked around the 70's but thats about 15-20 spots lower than last year isnt it? last year she started off really well and looked like she would be a consistent to 50 player but hasnt managed that yet. she's talented and i hope she does get there.

meanwhile douchevina just beat marion 7-6 6-0 in the final round of qualifying.

wateva
May 9th, 2004, 03:04 PM
i dun know... ever since she got hit in the eye, she started to lose her matches... maybe she's playing cautiously??

*JR*
May 9th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Marion was never going that far anyway with her "macho" positioning on the service return (not against the big servers in the higher rungs). As I've said for ova a year, Tatiana is Le Future French Femme.

BK4ever
May 9th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Marion hates clay!

sartrista7
May 9th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Marion choked away a couple of big matches early in the year... like the Auckland SF vs Harkleroad, and the Hyderabad SF vs Pratt. I think her confidence was shot even before she got to the clay, which isn't helping matters in the slightest.

BK4ever
May 9th, 2004, 03:25 PM
At least marion has gotten herself into shape...she is now working with pat etcheberry at saddlebrook, same trainer who helps Juju...if she would only get another coach :mad:

sartrista7
May 9th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Doesn't Marion have daddy issues as well?

Eurotennisfan
May 9th, 2004, 05:12 PM
From what I hear she train 10 hours a day and her dad quit being a DR. to train his daughter yet he can't even hit one ball and has to throw them to her.

BK4ever
May 9th, 2004, 05:25 PM
From what I hear she train 10 hours a day and her dad quit being a DR. to train his daughter yet he can't even hit one ball and has to throw them to her.
She doesnt only work with him, but I think the problem is that he travels with her and he puts so much pressure on her. I have seen them at a few tournaments and he is always with her...Never saw her talking to any of the other girls...its like he is with her 24/7 :fiery: :rolleyes:

I wonder whose decision it was for her to go to Saddlebrook.

Andrew.
May 9th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Doesn't Marion have daddy issues as well?
He's a freak. When I saw him it was bordering on abuse.

Kuti Kis&Monica
May 9th, 2004, 05:47 PM
At least marion has gotten herself into shape...she is now working with pat etcheberry at saddlebrook, same trainer who helps Juju...if she would only get another coach :mad:

She has decided to stop the colloboration with Pat Etcheberry (her or her dad i mean :rolleyes: ).

Smart
May 9th, 2004, 10:51 PM
It's true that Marion is playing quite poorly right now. She isn't doing well in doubles either which is pretty sad to see. However, as someone already told, Marion did well at the beginning of the season. Two semifinals on the WTA tournaments were a good result, however, not good enough. Never did she play well on clay but, to be honest, Marion's clay scores have been awful this season. Much worse than last year.

She was a newcomer last season. Nobody knew about her and she surprised many top players by her style of playing tennis. However, she doesn't surprise anyone any longer. Every singles player knows Marion and her two-handed forehand etc. etc. So it's much more difficult now.

It's true that there has to happen something pretty quickly. Otherwise, Marion's mental side is going to be worse and worse. She really finds it difficult to win singles matches right now... even after leading them quite clearly. But don't forget that she won the doubles title with Emilie Loit in Estoril. That's a good signal and maybe some better results are coming up as soon as the clay season gets over....... in June.

SpikeyAidanm
May 10th, 2004, 12:54 AM
I saw her in the Aussie - Schnyder, she's very talented but her game is very one dimensional, just hit hard on both sides, she doesn't have a lot of flexibility in her shots, most of her shots seems mechnical to me.

Smart
May 10th, 2004, 10:28 AM
I saw her in the Aussie - Schnyder, she's very talented but her game is very one dimensional, just hit hard on both sides, she doesn't have a lot of flexibility in her shots, most of her shots seems mechnical to me.Yes, unfortunately you are right.

jimbo mack
May 10th, 2004, 10:40 AM
i think she's waaaay overrated!!

i dont see what all the fuss is about