PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Momo and that sweet one hand backhand for getting the GO title

TeeRexx
May 9th, 2004, 12:28 PM
Congrats Momo on getting the German Open title.:worship:

I have my faves, but as a fellow one handed backhander (OHB), I really enjoy seeing Momo hit the sweetest OHB on the tour.

Maybe next time Momo and VENUS will get to tangle without any injuries occuring. :)

Sonja
May 9th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Maybe next time Momo and VENUS will get to tangle without any injuries occuring. :)
I hope so! Venus GET WELL SOON! Hope she'll be fine for the French!

Congrats to Amélie!

TeeRexx
May 9th, 2004, 12:50 PM
From the way that she whipped up on Cappy, Momo seems to have picked up her game after rehabing her back.

Hope to see a good performance in Paris.

GogoGirl
May 9th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Hey All,

Hey Teerexx. I forgot to answer your ? last week - and I apologize. I am moving to Montgomery, AL. I am from Birmingham originally. My mother passed last September - and I have no relatives here - so my daughter and I are making like a banana. LOL! My father lives in Mont.

Below is a short write up about the German Open. Quotes from Kimmie too.

Before I got up this morning - I knew Venus had pulled out. I just felt it. Needless to say - it would be the classic slow poke that played on a sprained ankle. I am so sad to hear about it - and I am another one that worries about the extent of it. I agree though that if it is just a sprain - then she should be alright for the FO. But at this time - only God knows how it will turn out. (no pun intented)

About Martina's shoe suit. Evidently - in Martina and her camp's minds - the shoes had something to do with her prolonged foot injury. Who knows? There might be something there - because not many folks come out w/a suit against a shoe company. If a doctor told her the shoes were the cause of her foot not getting better - then what were they supposed to believe? I don't know. Some say she just wanted out of the contract - but to me - bringing a suit about a brand of shoe - would have been an extreme way to get out of the contract. She could have paid her way out of it if that were the case. She had the money to do so.

There might be something to wearing certain shoes. How many years did I wear high heels - until I realized that they were injuring my feet. True - I didn't bring a suit - but Martina was under contract to wear the shoe she wore - so again - who knows?

Anyway - I pray Venus returns to the tour when she is able.

Congrats to Momo for playing a great tourney. She was on fire in the Cappy match, indeed.

And Venus injured her ankle in the last game of the tourney - so how that equates to the fact that she played too much tennis straight in a row - escapes me. One can injury an ankle in the first point of the first match one plays in - in any given tourney - so that kind of reasoning doesn't hold up to me. Venus was on a serious roll. Would she have beaten Momo if she could have played - and if the injury hadn't happened? We will never know.

Btw - Sprem played a great match - and has a wonderful future. Here's hoping she keeps up her aggressive way of playing. I can't wait to watch her.

http://www.tsn.ca/tennis/news_story.asp?id=83325

Leo_DFP
May 9th, 2004, 04:43 PM
I wonder if now she'll finally be able to win the coveted Italian Open final. Of course in 2001 she reached the final and last year she choked from two points away. Winning in Rome would be a testiment to her improved mental toughness and would certainly boost her chances in Paris.

GogoGirl
May 9th, 2004, 04:48 PM
All,

Leo - you make a great point. Momo despartely wants to represent and play well in her hometown (Paris that is) for sure. And it would seem that - she has a great chance this year. She would want to perform well at the Italian in order to keep on her roll.

Will she and Serena be on opposite sides at the FO?

vs1
May 9th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Congrats to Amelie!! She's been playing great all week and looks to be in great shape, heading into Paris!! I think that she's always improving both on the court and mentally, and I feel that she is stronger now and won't be as fragile mentally in Paris. I hope so. I mean, she herself has gone through SO MUCH this past year, similar to Venus and Serena...injuries to deal with, death of a loved one...so I think that these experiences put things in perspective. Compare losing one's parent to a tennis tournament (even a big one in your home country) and it suddenly doesn't seem as important anymore. I don't know Amelie's relationship with her father, but I would imagine that if she had to make a choice between the two, the choice would clearly be her father. So with that in mind, the "importance" of the FO probably doesn't seem so important afterall, and that will remove some pressure from her as well. Just my speculation. But I congratulate her today and wish her all the best!! Keep it up Amelie...and please, I hope you won't have anymore injuries!! :)

TeeRexx
May 9th, 2004, 06:11 PM
I just wonder if it is good or bad that the field has opened up so much for the French Open because she traditionally has had a great problem with the pressure of the Parisian crowd, but, if my faves can not do it, I wouldn't mind seeing Momo take the title.