PDA

View Full Version : Need your help - I wanna buy a racket!

crazillo
May 9th, 2004, 12:36 PM
I am thinking on buying the Yonex V-con 17.. Does any1 have it and have expereinces with it? What does L1, L2, L3, L4 and L5 mean??

switz
May 9th, 2004, 12:43 PM
i think the L things refer to swing type you have - i could be wrong though. i'm not going to comment because don't like yonex. i spent $400 on one a few years ago and after using it for a month or so i just gave up on it and bought a babolat. they're good racquets, they just don't fit with certain types of games though.

crazillo
May 9th, 2004, 12:47 PM
OK, thanks so far.
Well I was not happy with the Yonex RD-Ti 80 (my actual raquet) in the beginning because I had no power in the shots and my serve was strange the first two weeks. But then I found out how to handle it and I really love it now bc I can play aggressive and defensive quite well. I just wanna know if it would be a good thing to buy it.

crazillo
May 9th, 2004, 08:35 PM
Any1 please! :sad:

Maggie&MomoFan
May 9th, 2004, 08:42 PM
before i got the rd ti 80, i also demoed the Vcons and to me i dont knwo, maybe it was the strings on the demo but i felt like it wasnt solid like it was kind of "mushy" for lack of a better word. i felt like iw as pushing the ball rather than solidly hitting it, l ove the rd ti 80, i have 5 of them and theryre the best raqcuet i ever had!

crazillo
May 9th, 2004, 08:46 PM
I HAVE the Rd-Ti 80 as well, but this V-con is good for my power what lacks me with the Rd-ti 80.

AgassiGirl16
May 9th, 2004, 09:05 PM
I have a Volkl racket, which I LOVE. I did test out a Yonex, and I hated it. If you are going for something totally new, try the Volkl Quantum VI Midplus..it's great.

Mateo Mathieu
May 9th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Don't try to do same what Magdalena Maleeva does! :tape:

Mateo Mathieu
May 9th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Like AgassiGirl16 said before, you should try something different and see which one is better for your games.

crazillo
May 9th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Don't try to do same what Magdalena Maleeva does! :tape:

Magdalena has a Yonex Rd-Ti 80 and I had it b4 she had it LOL

crazillo
May 9th, 2004, 09:47 PM
I have a Volkl racket, which I LOVE. I did test out a Yonex, and I hated it. If you are going for something totally new, try the Volkl Quantum VI Midplus..it's great.
I had the Völkl Quantum 10, it was a good racket but I got tennis elbows bc I dont think it is a good racket for ppl. who have problems with that...

Dava
May 9th, 2004, 09:55 PM
The Yonex V-Con series is very expensive, they are about £125 in this country. What kinda of style do you like to play. Are you desperate for a Yonex raquet?

Allez-H
May 9th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Magdalena has a Yonex Rd-Ti 80 and I had it b4 she had it LOL
Well,I have a Wilson Hammer tour 95 just like Justine :p
I uess it's part of being a huge fan of your fav ;)

Dava
May 9th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Well,I have a Wilson Hammer tour 95 just like Justine :p
I uess it's part of being a huge fan of your fav ;)
Yeah whe I buy raquets I generally buy the ones of my faves. Like I bought the old Dokic Head Raquet which she used in 2002, and Im going to switch from the Wilson H6 to the Yonex MP used by Dokic, KOurnikova and Dementieva.

crazillo
May 9th, 2004, 10:05 PM
The Yonex V-Con series is very expensive, they are about £125 in this country. What kinda of style do you like to play. Are you desperate for a Yonex raquet?

I play with a lot of variety and the Yonex Rd-Ti 80 gave me a lot of control. But I have a lack of power with this compared to the Völkl Quantum 10 I had b4. I played this V-Con and i was really okay. I think I need a racket that gives me more power (esp. on clay)... My serve is the only point that didnt improve - bc of the power I dont have....

Dava
May 9th, 2004, 10:07 PM
I play with a lot of variety and the Yonex Rd-Ti 80 gave me a lot of control. But I have a lack of power with this compared to the Völkl Quantum 10 I had b4. I played this V-Con and i was really okay. I think I need a racket that gives me more power (esp. on clay)... My serve is the only point that didnt improve - bc of the power I dont have....
Well the V-Con series will give you the power you want. But unfortunatly so Ive been told ity doesnt give you much touch, apprently if you play with it like that, its like playing with gloves on LOL.

crazillo
May 9th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Well the V-Con series will give you the power you want. But unfortunatly so Ive been told ity doesnt give you much touch, apprently if you play with it like that, its like playing with gloves on LOL.

Well, I have a lot touch, but I think the racket is one thing, but there are other facotrs as well... I like to do drop shots from time to time

Dava
May 9th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Well, I have a lot touch, but I think the racket is one thing, but there are other facotrs as well... I like to do drop shots from time to time
Is there anyway you can test out these raquets before you buy.

I bought a raquet Im totally unhappy with, because I was in such a rush to buy...I got the Wilson H6 and my game plan is pretty smack the ball hard and get it in court. But the H6 tyhey all seem to land out. So Im going to get a diffrent one, for when I next play tennis.

crazillo
May 9th, 2004, 10:21 PM
I tested the V-con 17 100 and will get the 117.... I never had problems with the touch...

Dava
May 9th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Ok :D

henryj2001
May 9th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Cant beat the Babolat Pure Drive +

Maggie&MomoFan
May 9th, 2004, 10:44 PM
try maybe outside of yonex, you dont need yonex bc magie has it! I mean i have yonex but ive only played with these my whole life! Also, i find it odd that you have problems with power on it, i find it great control but i like the power as well bc its a heavier rawcuet, to me the vcon 17 was a little bit soft with my shots, like not solid.

MLF
May 9th, 2004, 10:50 PM
L1, L2 etc refer to grip size. L1 is for someone with small hands who only needs a small/thin grip. I use L4 as my grip size.

crazillo
May 9th, 2004, 11:00 PM
try maybe outside of yonex, you dont need yonex bc magie has it! I mean i have yonex but ive only played with these my whole life! Also, i find it odd that you have problems with power on it, i find it great control but i like the power as well bc its a heavier rawcuet, to me the vcon 17 was a little bit soft with my shots, like not solid.

It has nothing to do with Maggie at all. ;)

Dava
May 9th, 2004, 11:04 PM
It has nothing to do with Maggie at all. ;)
BTW I was thinking of regomending the raquet Maggie uses. Is it the ULTIUME one or the MP Tour 1?

crazillo
May 9th, 2004, 11:16 PM
She uses the Yonex Ultimatum RD-Ti 80. That is the racket I have ATM. My experiences:

Great control
Better volleys
Great touch
Lack of power comapred to the Völkl Quantum 10
Serve is weaker, esp. the 2nd serve doesnt have that variety..

I cpnsider it as a very good racket.