PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or is Katrina Adams on the Tennis Channel...

JenCpLvr
May 9th, 2004, 04:33 AM
the WORST commentator ever?!?! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
She stumbles on almost every word and points out so many useless facts. She never sounds like she knows much what she's talking about.

She needs to go.

PointBlank
May 9th, 2004, 04:36 AM
Dont have tennis channel

but i guess its just you

Foot_Fault
May 9th, 2004, 04:36 AM
well she was a professional on tour. But she's a lil annoying b/c she wont shut up! She's not the worst though. It's a tie between Zina Garrison and Pam Shriver

Infiniti2001
May 9th, 2004, 04:38 AM
It's not you.. I'm watching the Vee match now and I so want to muzzle her UGHH

Foot_Fault
May 9th, 2004, 04:39 AM
i tivo'ed the match and watched it three times already...i can't endure her anymore...but since it's on again, i may just watch

cheo23
May 9th, 2004, 05:11 AM
Is Katrina Adams REally that annoyin?????????????????????????????????? LOL
I'm so Dyin to SEE the Tennis Channel when they actually offer the channel in MY AREA... Okay!

Rtael
May 9th, 2004, 05:29 AM
She really is. She doesn't know what she's talking about. Honestly. She says the same things over and over again about every player!

SelesFan70
May 9th, 2004, 06:54 AM
I think it's more the fact the Katrina makes statements of the obvious...

"Wow, there was mustard on that down the line backhand" :rolleyes:

"Sprem is really hitting from her heels" :worship:

"Venus needs to close it out here" :o

I mean, I guess all commentators make statements of the obvious, but good grief!

Rocketta
May 9th, 2004, 07:11 AM
yes she does all that everyone says but the one reason I don't mind her is that she manages to stay objective and not have personal feelings about players get in the way of her commentating and she talks very little about her game...that maybe because her game wasn't much but no matter I don't want to hear about either way. For those reasons she doesn't bother me so much.

Infiniti2001
May 9th, 2004, 07:12 AM
I hope she's volunteering her time because it's a shame if she's earning a paycheck UGH :o :tape:

TNT96
May 9th, 2004, 07:43 AM
She is not good as a commentator but she is not the worst. That honor would have to go to the following (in this order)
1> Barry McKay
2> Bud Collins
3> Tracy Austin

Knizzle
May 10th, 2004, 07:27 PM
I have only listened to her for one set, but this lady is already getting on my nerves. She is fucking annoying.

V-MAC
May 10th, 2004, 07:37 PM
:o :o :o I think that the "worst commentator" award is still firmly placed in Pam Shriver'shands :o :o :o :o I dread bbc's coverage of wimbledon approaching when us poor irish and brits have to put up with "venus......just......played.....a........good..... ..backhand.....there.....virginia" robot commentatiing from pam.

John McEnroe is a close second.at wimbledon 2 years ago, john was commentating on a match for the bbc between capriati and molik and john's words of wisdom included noticing how "molik's outfit seems too tight for her" :o :o :o still at least he deserves some marks for being so observent. :lol:

croat123
May 10th, 2004, 08:41 PM
i wish i had the tennis channel... :sad:

Knizzle
May 10th, 2004, 08:56 PM
i wish i had the tennis channel... :sad:
Me too.