PDA

View Full Version : Best Musicals in London?

Eric_tennis
May 7th, 2004, 10:30 PM
Hi, I'm staying in London now. And I'm looking for some recommendations on the Musical. I'll stay here only couple of days, so I have to choose only one musical this time. So any recommendation would be very appreciated.

I've watched 3 musicals during the last 3 days. :D The first one was 'Chicago' then 'We will Rock You', and tonight I saw 'Bombay Dreams'. Among them, I think 'Bombay Dreams' was the best, then 'We wil Rock you'.
Today I wanted to watch 'Lion King' or 'Mamma Mia' but both are sold out including tomorrow's. :( :sad: I saw 'Phantom of the Opera' last year which was my best favorite musical so far. Any recommendation except those four? ( Oh, I watched 'Les Miserable' but it was at Broadway not London.)

Thanks in advance.
:)

Dahveed
May 7th, 2004, 10:33 PM
I only saw 'My Fair Lady' which was quite nice. I heard 'Blues Brothers' is a must see..

Eric_tennis
May 7th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the reply. I heard that 'My Fair Lady' is good.
But I'm wondering to choose a musical which I've seen for a movie version. As for the Chicago, the film version was a lot better to me.
And I'm a big fan of Hepbun, so I'm afraid to be disappointed with the actress in the musical. :o

Thanks.
:D

Tammy
May 8th, 2004, 11:16 AM
I'm sure there are many 'good' ones to see so its a pick of the hat!

- and indeed Bombay Dreams is great - it was my favorite.. :)

Duffsgirl
May 8th, 2004, 11:50 AM
you must be rich, going to a musical is soooooooooooo expensive in london

AjdeNate!
May 8th, 2004, 12:16 PM
Phantom of the Opera was amazing when I saw it there.

Come-on-kim
May 8th, 2004, 12:50 PM
I've seen "Fame" and it was cool. I also saw another one but I forgot :o (is it possible it was "Boby Holly"?)

I'd like to see "Notre Dame de Paris" in England

Majo
May 8th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Blood Brothers :sad: :yeah: :bounce:

:wavey:

!<blocparty>!
May 8th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Blood Brothers is a must I think, I also liked Saturday Night Fever.
I would like to see chicago, but I don't think it could possibly be better than the film.
Fame is a also very good.
I thought the Lion King was a little hyped.
Have you been to Harrods? Or Selfridges?

Nikki
May 8th, 2004, 06:37 PM
I agree, I saw Blood Brothers the other week. Fantastic & the cast were great:)