PDA

View Full Version : My Report - Wollongong(grade 5) Quarterfinals

SM
Feb 25th, 2002, 08:08 AM
I went there at 1..3oam and it was drenched...:( so it looked to be cancelled cos the rain was really heavy...so i went shopping at Wollongong Mall and saw Daniella Dominikovic and a few other Aussie girls in the food court ...

later on in the day a few friends of mine called me to go to the aquatic centre at Wollongong which is next ot the tennis courts...we were in the spas when a few tennis players came in that id seen playing before and i asked them if play was gonna resums today and they were like "its already started"..i thought uh-oh and hustled back outside to the tennis courts which are just outside...

lucky on the schedule it had Daniella Dominikovic , and Nathatlia Tanevska as both 2nd matches..so i hadnt missed anything......i decided to wait on the seat behind court1 for Daniell'as match...

while i was waiting i was chatting with this lady and we were shocked at the power thisy guy from RSA was generating and she seemed friendly...then when a little blondie sat next to me with a bag of tennis rackets i realised it was her daughter and i asked her if her daughter was playing today ,and she sauid "next up"!.....i realised then that it was Danis opponent Dragana and introduced myself to her ,spoke for a while and wished her luck! i also introduced my friend Radoslav to Dragana and told her not to worry cos shed get support from him seeing he's such a serb patriot.

Too bad Nathalie Tanevska vs Olivia Luckasewizc , and also Daniella Dominikovic Vs Dragan Whateverherlastnameis started at the same time......:( i chose to watch Dragana and sat with her family cos they seemed nice , but i was still going for Daniella.

I think my report of Danis previous match should be corrected. Daniella mustve hit the zone for that match because in the first set which she won i think 6-3 , it didnt look too good. Both players were hitting hard but it was a case of who missed less , and Daniella seemed to have bad shot selection in that set. So , over i skipped to watch a few games of Tanevska V Olivia which was a pleasure to watch , they were having the longest rallies and both hit the ball soo fluidly....both girls were a clone of each other except Olivia is Selesian , and has a bit more oomph on her serve.....Olivia went on to win but i didnt see the whole match.

As i returned to Dominikovic V Dragana ,Dani was leading 6-3 4-0 and according to my friend Rad who did not wanna leave cos a 'serb' in Dragana was playing said......"Danis crunching the ball".....since that moment on when i came(i must be good luck) Dragana turned the tables...shes not a very tall gall but has a strong toned build and generates alot of pace and consistency ,her game is very solid.....she eventually went up 6-5 when it started raining:sad: :fiery: !...i got angry cos she definately had the momentum , and byy that stage i had started to root for DRAGANA.....dani was just being a brat , saying alot of things in croation about herself and her game , not giving any credit to dragana , and her racket spent more time on the floor than in her hands.....

Once play resumed Dragana won the second set in a great tie break...they were both pounding the ball , hard , harder and harder and in most coses it was Dragan that finished the point..at 9-9 in the tie break Dragana got lucky and her ball hit the tape and dani screamed "NOOOOO , Why in the heck did that happen now on this point".....then when Dragana won the next point and set Dani screamed "how in the heck"...and dragana looked not too happy with that comment fom dani...

throughout the second and earl yin the 3rd set dani repeatdly through her racket.....made comments like "im moving like an elephant" , "budala"(stupid girl) , "how did i miss that" , "thats pathetic" and screamed and was very bratty nearly every point she lost.....i think the rain delay took away Draganas momentum and maybe Danispetulance and attitude made her lose concentartion as Daniella wrapped up the match 6-0 in the third...

Daniella overall didnt impress me as much as she had the first day...she was much more streaky , and mentally unstable..She plays Olivia Luckasewiz next which is gonna be TOUGH...Olivia and Nat played great tennis , and Olivia has better placement and flair on her groundies than Dani IMO...Olivia also is high on confidence having won Adelaide last week , so im tipping her to beat Dani in 3 tough sets..

btw - after Draganas loss she came up to me whilst i watched some other asutralian beat a REALLY good asian player(maybe the top seed?),,,,,and i told her bad luck and that if it werent for the rain delay which stole her momentum , i think she wouldve came out the victor...she admitted she never plays well after rain delays and we spoke about how Dani had a bad attitude , didnt give much credit ,and was lucky the rain came when it did ;)...anyway Dragana had alot of praise for Dani saying she was very talented and good , but joked saying 'except for her footwork and temper'...

anyway next match Dominikovic Vs Lukesawicz will be a great semi final...i cant be bothered writing much more...oh and btw danker that asian girl who i saw lose today wa sleft handed , had a very aggressive topspin forehand and soo much power , im thinking it was the no1seed?

SM
Feb 25th, 2002, 08:13 AM
ntw i think Dani must have set new record ont he decibel readers for loudest scream......ive neevr sene anyone whine and scream soo much and throw their racket after evey point...she needs to grow up IMO.....
DRAGANa on the otherhand was always cool and composed...never argued and finished the match with a smile on her face...a very nice girl and she was happy with her tournament , having beaten the no4 seed from Japan in the previous rd :D:D!

Oizo
Feb 25th, 2002, 11:08 AM
Cool report Steve :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Thanx :D
You are lucky ;)

Rising Sun
Feb 25th, 2002, 03:54 PM
Steve, I think you might have seen Yurika Sema.

Was she quite dark?

She's half-Japanese.
Great to hear that she hits hard. She probably loses due to her little margin for error.

Rising Sun
Feb 25th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Is this her on the right?

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/workaholic/web/robamimi/2001/010728c.jpg

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 25th, 2002, 04:54 PM
great report SM :)

Glad Dani won it and hope she takes the title