PDA

View Full Version : Woman buys 10,000 Mars bars, drives off in limo

Infiniti2001
May 5th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Wednesday, May 5, 2004 Posted: 1:24 PM EDT (1724 GMT)

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- A woman with an apparently insatiable sweet tooth stunned staff at a British shop when she bought more than 10,000 chocolate bars and had them loaded into her chauffeur-driven limousine.

The woman asked staff at a north London Woolworths branch for every single Mars bar in stock -- 10,656 of them packed in 220 boxes -- and paid for them in cash with 50 pound notes, a Woolworths spokesman said on Wednesday.

The total bill was 2,131 pounds ($3,828).

"It was very, very strange but nobody thought to ask her why she wanted so many," the spokesman said.

"It would usually take us a month to shift that number of chocolate bars," he added. "Perhaps she has a sweet tooth."

:lol: :lol:

Avid Merrion
May 5th, 2004, 09:07 PM
:drool: that's my kinda woman! :lol:

flyingmachine
May 5th, 2004, 10:43 PM
You can build a Chocolate house out of those. :lol:

charmedRic
May 5th, 2004, 11:52 PM
Chocolate *DROOL*

Colin B
May 5th, 2004, 11:59 PM
It wasn't Marianne Faithful was it?? :lol:

Sorry - you have to be a) British and b) very old, to get the joke! :o

:D

disposablehero
May 6th, 2004, 12:00 AM
Remember when David Letterman did his show out of California for a week? I think it was in the NBC days. He drove into a drive through and had his convertible filled with tacos.

GBFH
May 6th, 2004, 12:02 AM
i remember that! nope, he was with CBS by then. good stuff.

Colin B
May 6th, 2004, 12:04 AM

......or c) a very knowledgable Rolling Stones fan.

;)

Carolina Girl
May 6th, 2004, 12:05 AM
i remember that! nope, he was with CBS by then. good stuff.amanda! why did you buy all those mars bars and not ship at least one box to me?

GBFH
May 6th, 2004, 12:06 AM
lol! i remember now...didn't they bust keith, mick, and marianne for drugs...and some rumor came out they were doing something nasty with a mars bar? at least, that's what i recall from the vh1 special :lol:

GBFH
May 6th, 2004, 12:06 AM
amanda! why did you buy all those mars bars and not ship at least one box to me?
because i don't share well with others :devil:

Carolina Girl
May 6th, 2004, 12:11 AM
because i don't share well with others :devil:but i'm practically your sister! :) your little sister:) don't you wanna share some now?

GBFH
May 6th, 2004, 12:14 AM
since you're my sister, i want to share less.

you already get all of mom and dad's attention. you're not gettin' my chocolate.

Carolina Girl
May 6th, 2004, 12:18 AM
since you're my sister, i want to share less.

you already get all of mom and dad's attention. you're not gettin' my chocolate.:o i can't help it i'm their favorite!;):p

Colin B
May 6th, 2004, 12:27 AM
lol! i remember now...didn't they bust keith, mick, and marianne for drugs...and some rumor came out they were doing something nasty with a mars bar? at least, that's what i recall from the vh1 special :lol:
........or d) watched the Vh1 special! ;)

:wavey:

CondiLicious
May 6th, 2004, 12:32 AM

Mars bar parties...

Martian Willow
May 6th, 2004, 01:06 AM
...I've never been able to eat more than half a Mars bar without feeling sick... :)

caramel
May 6th, 2004, 06:06 AM
:drool: Mars :lick:
Yummy, how IŽd love to eat chocolate but already one Mars bar has at least 300 or so calories and that would be kinda tragic for my figure.

Dava
May 6th, 2004, 09:34 AM
I love Mars bars, but thats just having more money then sense, she porbbaly wont be able to eat them all, before they go off. Unless shes like having a mars bar convention.