PDA

View Full Version : A special gift to Admin Griffin

TeeRexx
May 5th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Since you may be running out of these, I thought that I would give you an extra one of your favorite implements of incarceration. :eek: :devil: :lol:

http://www.yale.co.uk/padlocks/images/padlock_home_images/padlock_home_r4_c2.jpg

To Capt. Lockit
Always,
TR :cool:

Hulet
May 5th, 2004, 05:31 PM
:lol: x 1000. This is your funniest thread yet, TeeRexx. ;)

TeeRexx
May 5th, 2004, 05:39 PM
I wonder how long it will take Griffie to put the old shackles on this thread as well? :eek: :lol:

ico4498
May 5th, 2004, 05:46 PM
TeeRexx, yah gottah stop taunting the humor police. some folks prefer not to have their dour demeanor challenged.

griffin
May 5th, 2004, 06:08 PM
To Capt. Lockit

"Capt. Lockit"? :haha: Thanks, I may have found the new usertitle I've been looking for :wavey:

(hey, I thought the idea was funny, too bad people took your thread and ran the wrong way with it)

emptyhead
May 5th, 2004, 07:01 PM
Ball licker!

griffin
May 5th, 2004, 07:23 PM
No, carpet muncher.

*JR*
May 5th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Just don't use the lock in any B & D rituals! :devil:

TeeRexx
May 5th, 2004, 08:37 PM
"Capt. Lockit"? :haha: Thanks, I may have found the new usertitle I've been looking for :wavey:

(hey, I thought the idea was funny, too bad people took your thread and ran the wrong way with it)
I want two " Get Out of Suspension" card (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=502,21246650,wtaworld.com,1)s for the right to that handle. :p

Rocketta
May 6th, 2004, 12:12 AM
:lol: capt. lockit....that's funny...

*JR*
May 6th, 2004, 12:26 AM
:lol: capt. lockit....that's funny...
Hey R'gurl, long time! :kiss: Anyhow, It Is funny, but Those Threads almost beg 2B locked, either cuz ppl will not listen re. mens tennis/live scoring threads, OR because others were started as live hand grenades. Do I Always Agree with Griff.... no. Does She Strive 2B fair, and to "persuade, not punish" wherever possible.... absolutely.

- L i n a -
May 6th, 2004, 12:27 AM
Do I Always Agree with Griff.... no. Does She Strive 2B fair, and to "persuade, not punish" wherever possible.... absolutely.
:haha: Good one.

Rocketta
May 6th, 2004, 12:34 AM
Hey R'gurl, long time! :kiss: Anyhow, It Is funny, but Those Threads almost beg 2B locked, either cuz ppl will not listen re. mens tennis/live scoring threads, OR because others were started as live hand grenades. Do I Always Agree with Griff.... no. Does She Strive 2B fair, and to "persuade, not punish" wherever possible.... absolutely.
Hey...:wavey:

No I agree, Griffin is truly strives to be fair...much fairer than I could ever be...;)

ico4498
May 6th, 2004, 12:45 AM
OR because others were started as live hand grenades.
slippery slope stuff. identifying the intent, in this case, seems like hocus pocus subjective preference.

locking that thread was administrative overkill.

funny post TeeRexx! :bounce:

*JR*
May 6th, 2004, 01:13 AM
Lina, I say that from personal experience. Perhaps as Leenah you were "Trish lite" a little too much? ico, you're correct That There's an element of subjectivity. Do I Think Tee wanted Marti (or any player) to fall down a flight of stairs? Of course not!

(Even those who took most offense presumably didn't think so). But Tee, a really smart fellow, knew he would likely start a Food Fight between the Williams and Hingis "camps". The Thread was in poor taste, and locking it was absolutely correct, IMO.

- L i n a -
May 6th, 2004, 01:16 AM
"Trish lite"?

I hardly pretended to be a WWE wrestler, and started fights with everyone who didn't cheer Cappy.

Griffin was unfairly against me ever since I came to the board... and gave me nothing but attitude.

Plus, she banned me for an unfair reason... especially since there's been many, many cases of what I did afterwards, and she doesn't lift a finger.

Martian Willow
May 6th, 2004, 01:20 AM
...the offence wasn't that he wanted Martina to fall down a flight of stairs, it was the idea that Venus thinks the same way he does, and cares about what Martina says as much as he does...I said as much, but inevitably the post got deleted...presumably because I used the phrase 'pigshit thick'...although I have seen plenty of people using worse phrases ('pathetic ****', quite recently)...but that's an issue for Linas' thread if it hasn't been locked yet... :)

Martian Willow
May 6th, 2004, 01:22 AM
...Trish was funny... :)

*JR*
May 6th, 2004, 01:29 AM
"Trish lite"?

I hardly pretended to be a WWE wrestler, and started fights with everyone who didn't cheer Cappy.

Griffin was unfairly against me ever since I came to the board... and gave me nothing but attitude.

Plus, she banned me for an unfair reason... especially since there's been many, many cases of what I did afterwards, and she doesn't lift a finger.
Perhaps the guidelines re. whatever got your old ID banned were changed, I don't know; BUT the fact that you were allowed to openly post under that "E name" then get it changed to Something Similar To The Original One would indicate that grudges aren't held by the Admin's. Again, I often don't "get my way" on whatever, but no (present) Admin or Mod has ever treated me like they were on a power trip, etc.

- L i n a -
May 6th, 2004, 01:33 AM
Perhaps the guidelines re. whatever got your old ID banned were changed, I don't know; BUT the fact that you were allowed to openly post under that "E name" then get it changed to Something Similar To The Original One would indicate that grudges aren't held by the Admin's. Again, I often don't "get my way" on whatever, but no (present) Admin or Mod has ever treated me like they were on a power trip, etc.
Yes, that's true.

I just wish the admins would freaking communicate with the posters... it would make things a lot better.

I still don't know the full reason why I was banned... I didn't know I was allowed back now.

They have this thing with not caring about any posters' input, which I cannot understand.

ico4498
May 6th, 2004, 01:42 AM
...the offence wasn't that he wanted Martina to fall down a flight of stairs, it was the idea that Venus thinks the same way he does, and cares about what Martina says as much as he does...
how could any rational person conclude that "Venus thinks the same way he does" ?!! Venus does a pretty good job articulating her opine.

sometimes is ok to just laugh. it doesn't hurt. lighten up folks ...

- L i n a -
May 6th, 2004, 01:43 AM
how could any rational person conclude that "Venus thinks the same way he does" ?!! Venus does a pretty good job articulating her opine.

sometimes is ok to just laugh. it doesn't hurt. lighten up folks ...
It's ok to laugh... but when people post things the other way about Venus... oh no, we have to close it IMMEDIATELY.

*JR*
May 6th, 2004, 01:47 AM
...the offence wasn't that he wanted Martina to fall down a flight of stairs, it was the idea that Venus thinks the same way he does, and cares about what Martina says as much as he does...
IMO, It was neither of the above; rather That The particular Troll Thread was likely to start the "usual clan warfare".

Martian Willow
May 6th, 2004, 01:53 AM

...you're quite right, Venus does a perfectly good job of articulating her opinions...have you heard her expressing outrage at Martinas' supposedly hate-filled comments...?...no, but the implication of the 'joke' was that Venus was angry about those comments...which would indeed imply that she thinks the same way he does...and btw, just because someone doesn't find TRs lamearsed threads amusing doesn't mean they can't laugh...it just means they have higher standards... :)

servenrichie
May 6th, 2004, 07:23 AM
...you're quite right, Venus does a perfectly good job of articulating her opinions...have you heard her expressing outrage at Martinas' supposedly hate-filled comments...?...no, but the implication of the 'joke' was that Venus was angry about those comments...which would indeed imply that she thinks the same way he does...and btw, just because someone doesn't find TRs lamearsed threads amusing doesn't mean they can't laugh...it just means they have higher standards... :)Willow, do you honestly know the meaning of "higher standards". Girlfriend, dont use words, because you saw other people using them:tape: :lol:

Why dont you tell us more of what Venus is thinking?:fiery:

*JR*
May 6th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Willow, do you honestly know the meaning of "higher standards". Girlfriend, dont use words, because you saw other people using them:tape: :lol:

Why dont you tell us more of what Venus is thinking?:fiery:
"If you can't attack the post, attack the poster"? Whatever you have against Willow, clearly SOME Troll Threads (inc. the one about Marti falling down a flight of stairs) are ova the line. Tee can (and has) done much better; meanwhile, even Williams die-hard SJW posted that she didn't find this one funny. (Nor did I).

TeeRexx
May 11th, 2004, 06:44 AM
I still thought that thread was funny, but there is an awful lot of hypersensitivity on this board. :)

Perhaps not enough sexual outlets, hmmm? :eek: :lol: :devil:

Bye folks. :wavey:

*JR*
May 11th, 2004, 12:17 PM
I still thought that thread was funny, but there is an awful lot of hypersensitivity on this board. :)

Perhaps not enough sexual outlets, hmmm? :eek: :lol: :devil:

Bye folks. :wavey:
Tee, you can ascribe whatever motives you wish, but some of us just don't find the idea of someone falling down a flight of stairs funny; nothing personal. Two music notables who DIED that Way Were folkrock legend Sandy Denny :worship: and rising GenX rocker Kevin Gilbert, BTW.

emptyhead
May 11th, 2004, 02:42 PM
I'd find it hilarious, especially if it were old tee rexx, lol yes his home help pushing him down the stairs, now thats funny