PDA

View Full Version : Children's books writer Thea Beckman died today

Zamboni
May 5th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Dutch writer Thea Beckman died today at age 80. She was most famous for her historical novels for children around the age of 12.
Her most famous book is Crusade in jeans (I don't know if that's the official English title), but the Dutch and Belgian posters will probably know dozens more of her books, every kid here read at least one of her books.

My favourite was Hasse Simonsdochter :)

Rest in Peace :sad: Your books will never be forgotten! :worship:

fleemkeģ
May 5th, 2004, 01:54 PM
:sad:I loved her books :worship:

Kruistocht in spijkerbroek :hearts:

per4ever
May 5th, 2004, 03:38 PM
de Thule-trilogie :hearts:

RIP Thea...you're a legend :)

Brαm
May 5th, 2004, 06:00 PM
I really enjoyed reading "Crusade in jeans". She will be missed :sad:

http://www.deboekenplank.nl/naslag/aut/b/img/b0445_2000_64e.jpg

carot
May 5th, 2004, 06:05 PM
:sad:

a sad day...RIP Thea Beckman

i adored the thule trilogy, still one of my favourite novels :hearts:

nicky
May 5th, 2004, 06:43 PM

I loved about every book she wrote, she was my favorite author when I was a kid. Even long after I was allowed to borrow the adults books in the library, I still would go and see if there wasn't a new Thea Beckman :).

The Thule trilogy was indeed great, as was the trilogy around the 100 year war (Geef me de ruimte-Triomf van de verschroeide aarde-Rad van Fortuin)

I actually still enjoy rereading these books from time to time :o :D

fleemkeģ
May 5th, 2004, 07:20 PM

I loved about every book she wrote, she was my favorite author when I was a kid. Even long after I was allowed to borrow the adults books in the library, I still would go and see if there wasn't a new Thea Beckman :).

The Thule trilogy was indeed great, as was the trilogy around the 100 year war (Geef me de ruimte-Triomf van de verschroeide aarde-Rad van Fortuin)

I actually still enjoy rereading these books from time to time :o :D
Yes 'geef me de ruimte' was the title I was looking for :D The 2 others I could remeber :)