PDA

View Full Version : Why does Dokic plays if she doesn't care?

wilson-dunlop
May 4th, 2004, 10:02 PM
What the hell is forcing her to play? She looks bored and like she doesn't want to be on the court? Seing her like that is :sad:

tennisIlove09
May 4th, 2004, 10:05 PM
money. I think her father puts a lot of pressure on her to support the family.

Seles_Beckham
May 4th, 2004, 10:17 PM
But she doesn't even speak to her father. He said last week that they speak maybe for 1 -2 minutes every week.

jd4eva
May 4th, 2004, 10:20 PM
But she doesn't even speak to her father. He said last week that they speak maybe for 1 -2 minutes every week.
That's the problem. Jelena has no support base in her life. She has little or no contact with any of her family and the closest thing she has to a friend is Borna and he is paid to stick around.

She's clearly undergoing depression issues off the court and unless she sorts her life off the court then I doubt we'll ever see her achieve her potential.

Rocketta
May 4th, 2004, 10:57 PM
does she really need to have indepth conversations with him to feel pressure to support her mother and brother?

Not saying that's the reason. ;)

but really if she was serious about getting her game back she would take a break and actually work on her game as opposed to flying here for 2-3 days, losing and then flying to the next city.

lauryn
May 4th, 2004, 11:06 PM
She really needs to sort out her personal life, cause it seems it's a real mess :sad: Either she makes up with her family (dad) or she breaks with them permanently without looking back. Just my opinion

Jelena, take a long break and don't come back before everything's sorted cause watching you play like that is too painful :sad:

Dava
May 4th, 2004, 11:07 PM
You know today her attitude sucked so much I DIDNT CARE if she won or lost I just wanted to see a diffrent match. It was either a fucking uncredible winner or a howler. I just hope she can find some encouragement, some belief and snap out of this style of play, nobody can hit winners that soon in a rally, not even the Williams sisters. She can at least try for herself, and her fans.

- L i n a -
May 4th, 2004, 11:09 PM
She plays so she can learn some class from QUEEN VENUS!!!!!!111

RESPECT THE QUEEN!!!!!

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Rocketta
May 4th, 2004, 11:17 PM
She plays so she can learn some class from QUEEN VENUS!!!!!!111

RESPECT THE QUEEN!!!!!

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:
You're so intelligent! :yeah:

Lucy
May 5th, 2004, 01:38 AM
oh no.. what's troubling jelena again...:sad: poor girl.

ToeTag
May 5th, 2004, 03:16 AM
What the hell is forcing her to play? She looks bored and like she doesn't want to be on the court? Seing her like that is :sad:
:shrug: What else is she going to do?Shes' played tennis most of her life,I can't imagine she has that many marketable skills for employers.

It would be nice to see her reach her tennis potential though.

- L i n a -
May 5th, 2004, 03:27 AM
Seriously, I don't understand why Jelly keeps playing while she doesn't give a shit... and it's really obvious when she feels like that.

She cares sometimes, so maybe she should just play less. I don't know.

- L i n a -
May 5th, 2004, 03:33 AM
Not traveling every week, just to play one pathetic match might help.

But, I really don't know.

Lord knows what goes on in that poor girl's head.

Rtael
May 5th, 2004, 03:36 AM
Well, I know she's picking up a paycheck everyweek for about an hour's worth of work, and that'd be motivation enough for me to do something, even if I didn't enjoy it!

davenport_1
May 5th, 2004, 03:50 AM
it's pretty sad...

SelesFan70
May 5th, 2004, 03:56 AM
Heck..I go to work and don't care sometimes! Why can't she? :shrug:

darrinbaker00
May 5th, 2004, 04:38 AM
Why does Dokic play if she doesn't care? She made $3,200 today, bringing her year-to-date total to $124,280. That's why she continues to play. Next topic, please..... ;)

Rocketta
May 5th, 2004, 04:40 AM
Why does Dokic play if she doesn't care? She made $3,200 today, bringing her year-to-date total to $124,280. That's why she continues to play. Next topic, please..... ;)
Is that really a lot once you factor in family, coach, airfare, hotels, food, etc?

darrinbaker00
May 5th, 2004, 04:46 AM
Is that really a lot once you factor in family, coach, airfare, hotels, food, etc?
Let me put it to you this way, then: what else can Jelena Dokic do besides play tennis? ;)

Rocketta
May 5th, 2004, 04:57 AM
Let me put it to you this way, then: what else can Jelena Dokic do besides play tennis? ;)
beats me...:lol:

but I think it might be better to take that $3000 and take a week or two off. If she's not traveling will she need as much money?

darrinbaker00
May 5th, 2004, 05:07 AM
beats me...:lol:

but I think it might be better to take that $3000 and take a week or two off. If she's not traveling will she need as much money?
And do what? Think about how messed up her life is off the court? If not for the Tour, she'd probably be in therapy. ;)

oddkayla
May 5th, 2004, 07:33 AM
Perhaps she should be in therapy