PDA

View Full Version : Confident Capriati likes her chances!

DannerCal
May 4th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Some time off + taking care of herself + new coach + good attitude = A happy Capriati.

News starts here:

The sixth-seeded Capriati was the first top player in action at the clay-court tuneup for the French Open. She has been fighting a sore back that forced her out of the Australian Open.

"I wouldn't say my back is 100 percent, but then it never will be. But it will not inhibit my game," said Capriati, a three-time major champion who used to be ranked No. 1.

"In a way, I feel I have more potential now because I feel like I missed some good playing time, and I feel fresher and challenged to get back there."

nk the main thing to focus on is Wimbledon," Clijsters said. "It's there I want to play my best. I'll try and play the French Open, but it will still be with the brace. So my shots are restricted."

Capriati needed 70 minutes to beat Schruff, who hasn't won a second-round match in 2004 -- and lost the last five games Tuesday.

Schruff was treated courtside for back problems.

"The first set was tough. It was going back and forth," Capriati said. "I was able to stay strong on my serve and kind of figured out what she was trying to do but still was able to play my game."

Capriati said she was looking forward to the French Open, which kicks off on May 24. She won at Roland Garros in 2001.

"I feel eager and hungry to play that one. Hopefully I can peak at the right time, which is there," she said. "My chance is as good as any -- I have always played well there." :bounce:

DannerCal
May 4th, 2004, 08:42 PM
For those who will want me to cite my source:
www.sportsline.com/tennis/story/7305267
Copied on 5/4/04, Michael Danner

Note: I like Capriati's confidence - and saying that she feels fresher and wants to get back to the top. (Sounds like she read Venus press conference).

DannerCal
May 4th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Hope she continues to shine and silences the doubters!

flyingmachine
May 4th, 2004, 08:58 PM
I hope she will do well. The tour needs it.

DannerCal
May 4th, 2004, 09:00 PM
I think she is the best Cinderella story of the WTA tour. Along with Venus and Serena, her name still is one of the biggest ticket sellers all over the world.
I think many just love her big game and big heart. She always entertains, and wears her heart on her sleve.

brunof
May 4th, 2004, 09:02 PM
It's great to here.

DannerCal
May 4th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Where are you TexRex? What do you think @ what Jennifer said :)....

pav
May 4th, 2004, 09:43 PM
I think she is the best Cinderella story of the WTA tour. Along with Venus and Serena, her name still is one of the biggest ticket sellers all over the world.
I think many just love her big game and big heart. She always entertains, and wears her heart on her sleve.

Cinderella, Cinderella?
better tell Her to get to the ball
and will the glass slippas
give Her some blistas?
and who's gonna play the damn ugly sistas?
it's driving Me right up the wall!

bigshow21
May 4th, 2004, 10:22 PM
Hell yeah!!! She is fresh as ever. She is the best fighter ever and always will be. Good luck Jen and keep up the great work!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

LindsayRocks89
May 4th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Keep it up Jenn!!!!! :bounce: Good Luck in the next round :kiss:

Seenus
May 4th, 2004, 10:36 PM
Cinderella, Cinderella?
better tell Her to get to the ball
and will the glass slippas
give Her some blistas?
and who's gonna play the damn ugly sistas?
it's driving Me right up the wall!
Hi, poet fella
let me warn you mista
"ugly" is not a good call

Foot_Fault
May 4th, 2004, 10:46 PM
I love Jenn, get back to the top baby! Whoo-Hoo!!!

pav
May 5th, 2004, 12:01 AM
Hi, poet fella
let me warn you mista
"ugly" is not a good call
But You've heard it all
While Cinders was cute warm and snugly
Her sistas just had to be called ugly
or the story was no good at all!
If all three were cute,well the prince wouldn't hack it
He would give up, and spend His last days
trying to design a good raquet!

cometz9
May 5th, 2004, 12:06 AM
As long as she has that positive attitude, she will strive for her best. Best of luck Jen!

jacobruiz
May 5th, 2004, 12:48 AM
Great attitude, Jenny!!:kiss: :hearts: Good luck here and at the French Open! We would love to see you holding up that trophy!:bounce: