PDA

View Full Version : Martina Hingis injured in Berlin

TeeRexx
May 4th, 2004, 07:18 PM
MAY 4, 2004

Berlin (Ticker) - Former world no. 1 Swiss tennis star, Martina Hingis, suffered minor injuries while in Berlin covering the German Open women's tennis tournament after falling down a long flight of stairs in the Berlin Hilton.

"Ms Hingis is doing well, but she has numerous cuts and bruises and will have a series of x-rays performed, but we feel that there will be no long term complications from this unfortunate accident," said a Hilton hotel employee, who wished to remain unnamed.

No one is quite clear on exactly how the accident occured, but it was reported shortly after Hingis had conducted an interview with one of the American players for a Swiss television broadcasting channel.

The interview was believed to have been with Venus Williams.
========================================

Wow! That is so unfortunate. I hope Marti was not badly injured. :angel:

sarza
May 4th, 2004, 07:20 PM
:lol: hey TeeRex you seem to be making me laugh today, who said miracles dont exsist :lol:

SJW
May 4th, 2004, 07:23 PM
sorry, didn't find it funny :)

esqumaux
May 4th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Maybe she read the 'hey Hingis' thread in general messages :haha:

SerialKiller#69
May 4th, 2004, 07:26 PM
If it were the other way around, it'd be funnier imo. :dance:

lizchris
May 4th, 2004, 07:28 PM
MAY 4, 2004

Berlin (Ticker) - Former world no. 1 Swiss tennis star, Martina Hingis, suffered minor injuries while in Berlin covering the German Open women's tennis tournament after falling down a long flight of stairs in the Berlin Hilton.

"Ms Hingis is doing well, but she has numerous cuts and bruises and will have a series of x-rays performed, but we feel that there will be no long term complications from this unfortunate accident," said a Hilton hotel employee, who wished to remain unnamed.

No one is quite clear on exactly how the accident occured, but it was reported shortly after Hingis had conducted an interview with one of the American players for a Swiss television broadcasting channel.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great joke!

Martian Jeza
Get well soon Tennis Goddess ;)

TeeRexx
:lol: hey TeeRex you seem to be making me laugh today, who said miracles dont exsist :lol:
Well, that is the nature of a miracle, is it not? :lol:

7~LV3
May 4th, 2004, 07:30 PM
thats sad :sad: I guess not only the top ten gets injured...

yer really cute today :kiss: hehe...

TeeRexx
May 4th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Oh well, I can't win 'em all, eh? :p
Nor do I care to anyway. :lol:

Ballbuster
May 4th, 2004, 07:40 PM
So are you saying Venus flung her down a Long flight of Stairs!

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

SelesFan70
May 4th, 2004, 07:53 PM
I think the movie "Striptease" had a line that went something like, "Remember, there's always someone younger and prettier behind you on the stairs"..... :rolleyes:

Cam'ron Giles
May 4th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Venus and Isha rolled up on her like a compton crip and big ass Isha wore her out...:lol:

I heard Oracene was the lookout?

Cam'ron Giles
May 4th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Maybe she read the 'hey Hingis' thread in general messages :haha:
Dont go blaming it on my thread...*hides my telegram to Venus* :tape:

TeeRexx
May 4th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Dont go blaming it on my thread...*hides my telegram to Venus* :tape:
Too late, I was informed and inspired by your previous thread. :p

St.Sebastian
May 4th, 2004, 08:48 PM
GOSH, :eek: You got me :p :p :p

*JR*
May 4th, 2004, 11:14 PM
How true. Those laughing @ the prospect of either one getting hurt should deal with the injuries both these players have! :rolleyes:

Alan
May 4th, 2004, 11:35 PM
i guess this is a joke, i thought it was for real!

TeeRexx
May 5th, 2004, 12:46 AM
The x-rays proved negative, but Marti seemed to have little to say regarding the incident. :)

Knizzle
May 5th, 2004, 12:56 AM
:haha: :haha:

Cruel, but funny.

nash
May 5th, 2004, 01:46 AM
Must've been the shoes... I smell a lawsuit!

:)

CC
May 5th, 2004, 01:47 AM
I thought it was true.

TeeRexx
May 5th, 2004, 02:06 AM
I thought it was true.
Poor thing, he has a lot to learn about old TeeRexx. :eek: :devil: :lol:

hingis-seles
May 5th, 2004, 03:18 AM
Lame.

tenn_ace
May 5th, 2004, 04:07 AM
Stupid.

TeeRexx
May 5th, 2004, 06:33 AM
Lame.
Loosen up, buddy. :p

caramel
May 5th, 2004, 06:35 AM
Why didnt she take the elevator?! :devil: :tape:

TeeRexx
May 5th, 2004, 06:51 AM
Why didnt she take the elevator?! :devil: :tape:
Some "unknown" American said the lift was out of order and suggested that Marti take the stairs. :eek: :devil:

Martian KC
May 5th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Hmm...I see only a certain group finding it funny.

GoDominique
May 5th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Extremely unfunny. You've outdone yourself once again, TR. :clap2:

Martian Jeza
May 5th, 2004, 09:47 AM
Hmm...I see only a certain group finding it funny.

It always comes from te same people anyway... Lame but yeah If they find that funny, let them think they are funny... ;)

Hagrid
May 5th, 2004, 10:08 AM
Well! its a strange joke! I am a great fan of Hingis and know that she s mostly wrongly quoted but here I think even Venus is being given a bad repo. It is not something that can be associated to a diva.

servenrichie
May 5th, 2004, 10:42 AM
Must've been the shoes... I smell a lawsuit!

:):lol: :lol: :lol:

Vincent
May 5th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Ridiculous and non-sense, please do something more reasonable.

Vincent
May 5th, 2004, 10:52 AM
:haha: :haha:

Cruel, but funny.Oh my god, what's with that :haha:, what if your favourite player get "injured" like this? :) You are cruel too.:(

servenrichie
May 5th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Oh my god, what's with that :haha:, what if your favourite player get "injured" like this? :) You are cruel too.:(What the fuck is your problem? Martina is not a player or am I missing something here. She is not about cancelling anything. Lighten up:rolleyes:

Dolpho
May 5th, 2004, 11:27 AM
I agree with hingis-seles, its lame...

Vincent
May 5th, 2004, 11:38 AM
What the fuck is your problem? Martina is not a player or am I missing something here. She is not about cancelling anything. Lighten up:rolleyes:Please don't use that f-word to me, I don't have problem. The one who has problem is you. I don't find being annoyed by a "news" like this is abnormal while Martina is my favourite. I call you a non-sense, you don't lose anything, okay don't get annoyed. Bye.

Ballbuster
May 5th, 2004, 11:48 AM
What the fuck is your problem? Martina is not a player or am I missing something here. She is not about cancelling anything. Lighten up:rolleyes:

I guess her beleagured fans are standing in the stadium appauling her commentating skills :rolleyes:

servenrichie
May 5th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Please don't use that f-word to me, I don't have problem. The one who has problem is you. I don't find being annoyed by a "news" like this is abnormal while Martina is my favourite. I call you a non-sense, you don't lose anything, okay don't get annoyed. Bye.So explain to me what you just lost "non-sense":rolleyes:

Vincent
May 5th, 2004, 11:54 AM
So explain to me what you just lost "non-sense":rolleyes:Is it neccessary to lose something to get annoyed? I think No. I just don't like it when people make this kind of stupid jokes about my favourite.

Ballbuster
May 5th, 2004, 12:01 PM
Is it neccessary to lose something to get annoyed? I think No. I just don't like it when people make this kind of stupid jokes about my favourite.

What favorite? :shrug:

When is the next time she's playing?

servenrichie
May 5th, 2004, 12:18 PM
Is it neccessary to lose something to get annoyed? I think No. I just don't like it when people make this kind of stupid jokes about my favourite.
I replied to your post, maybe you dont understand your posts yourself:shrug:

Please don't use that f-word to me, I don't have problem. The one who has problem is you. I don't find being annoyed by a "news" like this is abnormal while Martina is my favourite. I call you a non-sense, you don't lose anything, okay don't get annoyed. Bye..

Vincent
May 5th, 2004, 12:20 PM
What favorite? :shrug:

When is the next time she's playing?She isn't going to play another match, but The joke annoyed me.

caramel
May 5th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Some "unknown" American said the lift was out of order and suggested that Marti take the stairs. :eek: :devil:
What a cruel , cruel person. :lol:

hingis-seles
May 5th, 2004, 01:10 PM
MAY 4, 2004

10 wins is greater than 9 wins.

40 singles titles is greater than 30 singles titles.

5 singles Slams is greater than 4 singles Slams.

209 weeks at #1 is greater than 11 weeks at #1.

No wonder TeeRexx has his panties in a twist! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pureracket
May 5th, 2004, 01:17 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:Ummm. . .I hate to tell you this, but it seems like Tee Rexx isn't the one with his panties in a twist here. I didn't think that this thread would stir the outrage that it has.:confused:

tenn_ace
May 5th, 2004, 01:18 PM

awesome response :kiss:

hingis-seles
May 5th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Ummm. . .I hate to tell you this, but it seems like Tee Rexx isn't the one with his panties in a twist here. I didn't think that this thread would stir the outrage that it has.:confused:
No outrage here. I'm thoroughly amused at how pathetic it all is. TeeRexx still clinging on to his obsession for a player who called it quits.....over a year ago! :eek:

Pureracket
May 5th, 2004, 01:26 PM
No outrage here. I'm thoroughly amused at how pathetic it all is. TeeRexx still clinging on to his obsession for a player who called it quits.....over a year ago! :eek:How is an attempt @ humour obsession?

- L i n a -
May 5th, 2004, 01:27 PM
This thread is still up?

While my humor threads, which are actually funny and not making up injuries, get taken down in 5 minutes?

Oh yes, the admins aren't biased. :rolleyes:

griffin
May 5th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Advice all around: click "username," > "view public profile" > "add to ignore list"