PDA

View Full Version : Who's game is like yours???

Farina Elia Fan
May 4th, 2004, 05:34 PM
I would say lindsay Davenport!

I have big grounstrokes, poor mobility, huge serve and good at the net when I'm actually there. Just like Lindsay!!!

what about you lot???

Glenn
May 4th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Daniilidou.

Foot_Fault
May 4th, 2004, 06:16 PM
I've often been told by the guys at my Tennis club I play like Agassi(movement and strokes). Should be b/c I STUDY his every move. Now, if I could just be as consistent as he is...I will join the tour! LOL (easier said than done)

bmxbandit
May 4th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Dokic :D

With a one-handed backhand though ;)

kosmikgroove
May 4th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Justine Henin, my backhand when it's on looks identical to hers but my forehand is a little more flat than hers.

I also feel like i play a lot like her since i'm only 5'9 (pretty short for the mens side) so i have to rely a lot more on slicing and dicing, and my footwork.

SelesFan70
May 4th, 2004, 06:51 PM
I had 2 hands on each side before Monica did, so I've always suspected she drove by my house in rural South Carolina where I grew up and copy catted me once she saw me hitting against the side of the house! :o

englishjenfan
May 4th, 2004, 06:53 PM
i have tried to follow jens game except my serve is not to god actually its rubbish!!!!

Volcana
May 4th, 2004, 07:08 PM
I have Myskina's 'see it, kill it'. I can see the winner I'm going to hit before the ball comes over the net.

I go to the net like Hingis. On any short ball. But also like Hingis, but I can't get there if have consistent depth.

My forehand is like Jenn's. Open shoulder, big backswing.

I hit both two handed and one handed backhands, open or closed stance.

My volleys suck, my overhead sucks, my serve is mediocre.

slydevil6142
May 4th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Everyone says my backhand is exactly like Venus's .... but as far as my playing style i would have to go with a venus/clisters combo Im able to hit winners if I choose to but I think im a little more comfortable being more defensive and waiting for the opening. Mt Backhand is more consistent but both stokes are very solid ... I have pretty good volleys ... I def could have a better second serve but it is coming along nicely

ace4lleykim
May 4th, 2004, 08:00 PM
I would say Kim. Coz even though my forehand is strong but I can easily make unforced errors, and my backhand is weaker, but it's more consistent. :)

sarza
May 4th, 2004, 08:03 PM
i would say im in a class of my own, and not a very good one :lol:

j_dementieva27
May 4th, 2004, 08:55 PM
dementieva... everything clicks except my serve

PointBlank
May 4th, 2004, 10:07 PM
AnnA SmashnovA-PistolesI ... with a 2 handed BH ;)

Smart
May 4th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Justine Henin-Hardenne

Pureracket
May 4th, 2004, 10:25 PM
Everybody says that my forehand is like ASV's, and my movement is like Pierce's , my serve is similar to Dementieva's, and my backhand is like Stevenson's.

CJ07
May 4th, 2004, 10:25 PM
a 1997 Venus Williams ;)

¤CharlDa¤
May 4th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Im playing like venus...I love ehr game and im sure it is cause i love playing the game i play right now...I think my backhand is between Venus and Daniela though, i have the same backswing than Dani! My only difference with Venus...My first serve! lol

Couver
May 4th, 2004, 10:36 PM
Mary Pierce, though I certainly don't generate as much power as she does. I'd say we also have the same mobility, which I think is slow-medium. Mary isn't as slow as Lindsay IMO (when she's fit).

LindsayRocks89
May 4th, 2004, 11:18 PM
well my serve is like jen's, my backhand is like pretty much identical to Andre's, my forehand is like a Serena forehand with more topspin, my volleys are like Lindsay's.

Mariangelina
May 5th, 2004, 01:05 AM
Hmmmm, maybe Nancy Loeffler-Caro.

But I have my own ways of sucking. My serve is truly abysmal. About a year ago while working on it, like it says in my sig, on two separate occasions my toss went up, I swung, I missed, my toss came down and hit me in the eye. It hurt like hell the second time, and that was the end of that lesson. At my next lesson, I sprained my ankle badly and couldn't play for three months. Coordination may not be my forté, but I love tennis. :hearts: :tennis:

jean_genie
May 5th, 2004, 03:07 AM
Funny, but I'm kind of a weird hybrid of Zvonereva and Srebotnik.:confused: I have that same almost late, big backswing on my forehand like Katarina and since I've learned the one handed slice backhand, I can do that too. My two-handed backhand looks like Vera's because sometimes I can't tell where it's going either:lol: . My serve also looks like Srebotnik's too--high toss, little knee bend and then launch myself into it. I wish I could hit Serena's forehand, Venus/Seles backhand, Lindsay's serve and Hingis' volleys. Oh well, c'est la vie.:wavey:

Je_ne_sais_quoi
May 5th, 2004, 03:13 AM
Myskina!

Stamp Paid
May 5th, 2004, 03:22 AM
Well, when I playing ping-pong I'm Serena Williams!!!!!!! On the tennis court, I'm like Sharapova. I hit every ball hard and hope for the best!

Berlin_Calling
May 5th, 2004, 03:39 AM
If you compare my game to a WTAtour player, I'd say Jelena Dokic (when she was playing good tennis in 2001). I hit my backhand like her and both of my serves are quite flat also. My teammate was commented today how there is hardly any difference in the speed of my first and second serves. I hit a little more spin on my forehand than Jelena does and it is definitely my best shot. Also like Jelena, I don't like going up to net but I am a very aggressive player. Also, I hit good dropshots like Jelena did back in 2001.

- L i n a -
May 5th, 2004, 03:40 AM
I play a lot like Alex Stevenson. :bigcry:

I rely a lot on my serve, I have a pathetic backhand, and poor movement.

davenport_1
May 5th, 2004, 03:42 AM
Mauresmo....all courter who uses heavy topspin on both sides w/ one handed backhand

Berlin_Calling
May 5th, 2004, 03:42 AM
I play a lot like Alex Stevenson. :bigcry:

I rely a lot on my serve, I have a pathetic backhand, and poor movement.
and you are very tall :eek:

- L i n a -
May 5th, 2004, 03:43 AM
and you are very tall :eek:
And I talk out of my ass after matches. :(

FLL
May 5th, 2004, 04:00 AM
I play ala Conchita Martinez...

R&J
May 5th, 2004, 04:24 AM
I had 2 hands on each side before Monica did, so I've always suspected she drove by my house in rural South Carolina where I grew up and copy catted me once she saw me hitting against the side of the house! :o
:yeah:

I also play like my idol (except I am right handed).

Gowza
May 5th, 2004, 04:47 AM
ive got every shot in the book, ive got the power (big groundies, and 1st and 2nd serves), i have good slice on shots and serves, i can mix up my shots and serves, i can play with topspin or flat strokes, i have good hands and am at net, i have great returns, i have a tennis mind also and im very quick around the court. my downfall is concentration and knowing when to hit what shot and being impatient is also a big problem i have and consistency but i think thats due to my lack of concentraion and impatience.

who's game is mine most like? um im not sure, it changes from match to match. sometimes i'll just go out and rally other times i'll go and blast them off the court. at this point (ive only been playing for a year and a bit) i dont really know what sort of game i have, im still developing and im not playing at the level i need to to improve and develop my game.

Deimos
May 5th, 2004, 05:21 AM
My teammate was commented today how there is hardly any difference in the speed of my first and second serves..

Me too! I hit my second serve just as hard as the first, but some days it's double fault after double fault. It's good when it clicks, though.

I hit a one-handed backhand, and win some good points off it. My forehand is lousy, though.
When I was playing one of my serve-and-volleyer friends, I discovered that my lobs were very effective against him...

And I can't drop shot to save my life...but I can run like hell to retrieve a drop shot if someone tries one. In a lot of my matches, my opponent stands there thinking he's won a point after a drop shot, but then I dash from the baseline and somehow get to it. Definitely happy with my speed!

Um...what player does this make me? :lol:

Tennisace
May 5th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Hmmm I'm an aggressive pusher/counter puncher that has a steady forehand but a big backhand (its the go-to shot). Strangely enough I have a nice slice forehand to mix up play :D Movement is above average but not exceptional. As for the net, I try to incorporate an all court/net game but my volleys are just eh okay...lol just hit to the backhand volley and all miff it up :D

Serve? What serve! :D

New
May 5th, 2004, 05:33 AM
Erm can anyone help me?

I'm only good at keeping the balls in and if it's too fast i will most likely hit out or to the net... but i try to keep balls in from all over the court... and most of them are moonballs.

Any player that sounds like that?

Venus Forever
May 5th, 2004, 05:40 AM
My game is exactly like Venus when she plays Serena.

Passively aggressive.

I don't know, I can hit big, it's just, I'm afraid or something. Like, I rather have the other opponent beat me with their game, instead of me losing with my errors. It's strange, I can hit winners, but I rarely go for them, unless I'm perfectly set up for them.

SpikeyAidanm
May 5th, 2004, 06:42 AM
No Kidding -

Clijsters forehand
Farina Elia Backhand
Martinez Slice/dropshot
Safina serve
Reid volleys
Reid's movement
Myskina smash
Dementieva's body language

caramel
May 5th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Currently Kournikova´s... I haven´t played for ages. :o

Mr_Molik
May 5th, 2004, 07:08 AM
forehand- myskina
backhand- myskina
1st serve- hewitt
2nd serve- dementieva :tape:
movement- hewitt
net game- molik
mentality/temper/body language- capriati/dominikovic :fiery:

Vincent
May 5th, 2004, 07:38 AM
I play like Lucic, I hit everything out but I can be good when I am on. ;):haha:

Jackson.
May 5th, 2004, 07:47 AM
I play a bit like Myskina - Just hitting the balls back into play :p

esquímaux
May 5th, 2004, 08:32 AM
My forehand is like Chanda's except it's ALWAYS hit deep. I really drive through the ball with my left arm on the 2-hander backhand, so it looks something like Rafael Nadal's backhand. My service motion looks similar to Roddick's, but I end up following through like Rubin :eek: (left arm flails behind me)...oh and I DO NOT make contact with a bent elbow like Rubin :eek: Chanda should really get some :help: for that...in between injuries of course :tape: :help:

Aerien
May 5th, 2004, 08:55 AM
Mary Pierce of today. :o
(I even copy the service motion without realizing it sometimes.)
I have an extreme western grip.
My backhand is like Conchita's though. I try not to moonball but it just won't stop.
I alternate between double-handed and single-handed backhand.

esquímaux
May 5th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Mary Pierce of today. :o
(I even copy the service motion without realizing it sometimes.)
I have an extreme western grip.
My backhand is like Conchita's though. I try not to moonball but it just won't stop.
I alternate between double-handed and single-handed backhand.
Nothing wrong with a few moonballs to spice up a match ;) As a matter of fact I like to throw in a couple double faults to spice it up even more :lol:

Aerien
May 5th, 2004, 09:23 AM
Nothing wrong with a few moonballs to spice up a match ;) As a matter of fact I like to throw in a couple double faults to spice it up even more :lol:
I get nervous enough during Conchita matches.

"Will she? Won't she? Will she? Won't she?"

Concerning moonballs, sure it's good but when a single handed flat backhand shot is becoming rare and moonballs are becoming the norm.......well, I worry sometimes. :o
I've been experimenting with just slicing the ball now if I do a one-handed backhand.

jan.
May 5th, 2004, 09:35 AM
I would say my game is like Myskina's, Poor serve, good groundstrokes and good at the net when i'm there (which is unlikely).

Mateo Mathieu
May 5th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Elena Dementieva except the serve, of course :p

Come-on-kim
May 5th, 2004, 01:33 PM
It's a bit of everyone I guess

Attitude : Lindsay Davenport (pfffffing :rolleyes: ) / Jennifer Capriati (smashing racket on the ground :fiery: )
1st Serve : Sandrine Testud
2nd Serve : Elena Dementieva
Forehand : Anastasia Myskina
Backhand : Kim Clijsters
Movement : Kim Clijsters
Volleys : Jelena Dokic