PDA

View Full Version : VENUS: Aiming to streatch the 11 match win streak to 16 in Berlin

TeeRexx
May 4th, 2004, 05:26 PM
VENUS WILLIAMS now has 11 match wins in a row and is aiming to extend that streak to 16 in the German Open this week.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/writers/jon_wertheim/05/03/mailbag.0503/tx_vwilliams_ap.jpg

VENUS is healthy once again and on top of her game and will be using this event as a stepping stone to the French Open, which will be held later this month.

After playing through the French Open and Wimbledon with the injury, VENUS was sidelined for the remainder of 2003.

"What happened here last year wasn't in my mind," VENUS said. "I feel normal now because before, when I wasn't winning, it was very abnormal for me. But of course they were extreme circumstances, and I try not to be too hard on myself for the matches I didn't win earlier this year.

"I think I've been able to really get my movement back to the way it used to be before my injuries. I feel like I can get to any ball, and I know my opponent is feeling the pressure because I am getting to every ball."

Another title in Germany and possibly beating a #1 player in the process, will make VENUS one of the top three favorites, if not the top contender, when the Roland Garros event commences.

TR :cool:

lizchris
May 4th, 2004, 05:28 PM
IMO, she is one of the favorites even if she doesn't win the GO.

Foot_Fault
May 4th, 2004, 05:29 PM
VENUS WILLIAMS now has 11 match wins in a row and is aiming to extend that streak to 17 in the German Open this week.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/writers/jon_wertheim/05/03/mailbag.0503/tx_vwilliams_ap.jpg

VENUS is healthy once again and on top of her game and will be using this event as a stepping stone to the French Open, which will be held later this month.

After playing through the French Open and Wimbledon with the injury, VENUS was sidelined for the remainder of 2003.

"What happened here last year wasn't in my mind," VENUS said. "I feel normal now because before, when I wasn't winning, it was very abnormal for me. But of course they were extreme circumstances, and I try not to be too hard on myself for the matches I didn't win earlier this year.

"I think I've been able to really get my movement back to the way it used to be before my injuries. I feel like I can get to any ball, and I know my opponent is feeling the pressure because I am getting to every ball."

Another title in Germany and possibly beating a #1 player in the process, will make VENUS one of the top three favorites, if not the top contender, when the Roland Garros event commences.

TR :cool: 17???:confused: I thought at least 16 if she wins....2nd Rd(1) 3rd RD(2) Quarters(3) Semis(4) Finals(5) + 11=16
I could be wrong...

And you also mean the #1 Seed (Kim Clijsters) I hope. Justine is still Clearing Up...I mean resting up.

7~LV3
May 4th, 2004, 05:30 PM
I think that she would only be playing the maximum of 5 matches ???

Knizzle
May 4th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Teerexx, the haters will be along soon so you should change it from 17 to 16.

TeeRexx
May 4th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Teerexx, the haters will be along soon so ...
Done. :)

I guess I forgot that even though VENUS is ranked at #11, she is still treated as a #1 player most of the time. :)

7~LV3
May 4th, 2004, 08:34 PM
I just noticed...
has that Pict been captioned before...
it looks so good....

:)
:devil:
:worship:

TeeRexx
May 4th, 2004, 08:44 PM
Teerexx, the haters will be along soon so ...

No haters are allowed in my glorious Williams worshipping threads! :fiery: :devil: :lol: :lol:

TR :cool:

- L i n a -
May 4th, 2004, 08:45 PM
I LOVE YOU VENUS EBONE STARR WILLIAMS!!!!! k

:worship::worship::worship:

Martian Willow
May 4th, 2004, 08:48 PM
...damn those haters and their ability to count... :)

TeeRexx
May 4th, 2004, 08:58 PM
...damn those haters and their ability to count... :)Haters can not count but only very envious of WILLIAMS fans and their faves. :p :lol:

Seenus
May 4th, 2004, 10:19 PM
after Berlin

Ballbuster
May 4th, 2004, 11:04 PM
Haters can not count but only very envious of WILLIAMS fans and their faves. :p :lol:

correct!

TeeRexx
May 5th, 2004, 01:59 AM
Keep that streak going, VENUS!!

VeraNuVirgosFan
May 5th, 2004, 03:23 AM
Yes, Keep It Up!!

Good Luck, Venus!!

jacobruiz
May 5th, 2004, 03:37 AM
So good to see Venus feeling like her old self again. When she's playing with confidence and without injury everybody on the tour better watch out!:worship:

TeeRexx
May 5th, 2004, 07:44 AM
Let's get win #12 on Wednesday, VENUS.

1jackson2001
May 5th, 2004, 08:11 AM
Let's do it Venus!

TeeRexx
May 5th, 2004, 04:49 PM
VENUS now has 12 straight wins and is going for lucky 13.:bounce:

And also, her 3rd straight title as well. :dance:

"Topaz"
May 5th, 2004, 05:28 PM
VENUS now has 12 straight wins and is going for lucky 13.:bounce:

And also, her 3rd straight title as well. :dance:Do you know number 13 frightens some people? I hope Venus is way above such superstition. :cool:

TeeRexx
May 6th, 2004, 01:08 AM
Do you know number 13 frightens some people? I hope Venus is way above such superstition. :cool:
I have never believed in superstitions, ghost or redestination.
People are responsible for their own actions and inactions. :worship: :)

However, when I see a werewolf or a vampire, I dial, 1-Van Helsing. :eek: :lol:

TeeRexx
May 7th, 2004, 01:34 AM
VENUS is now poised to go after win #14 and a trip to the GO semis.:bounce:

With Kim gone, the road to the finals is looking much better now. :)