PDA

View Full Version : Venus vs. Eleni

lizchris
May 4th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Whod do you thin is going to win?

lizchris
May 4th, 2004, 03:49 PM
I say Venus in straight sets because Eleni was extended to three sets and I think she was down a break in the last set.

7~LV3
May 4th, 2004, 03:51 PM
I think that as she did in her other 2 tournies, she would lose the first set then steamroll in the next 2 sets :)

Belgium = Best
May 4th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Venus in 2 sets :)

:wavey:

daniela86
May 4th, 2004, 03:57 PM
My heart says Eleni in 2 but my brain says Venus 2 sets (very easily) :sad:

ghosts
May 4th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Venus easily this time ;)

Foot_Fault
May 4th, 2004, 04:02 PM
I like WHO CARES!

sartrista7
May 4th, 2004, 04:05 PM
I like WHO CARES!

Do you not care whether Venus wins or not? :confused:

Venus, straight sets... Eleni's not great on clay and I'm pissed off that she beat Tati today. A Tati vs Venus match would have been very exciting.

Venus is just in stunning form now, and I doubt it'll end here.

Foot_Fault
May 4th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Do you not care whether Venus wins or not? :confused:

Venus, straight sets... Eleni's not great on clay and I'm pissed off that she beat Tati today. A Tati vs Venus match would have been very exciting.

Venus is just in stunning form now, and I doubt it'll end here.
I didn't say i didn't care if VENUS win/loses I like the Choice....WHO CARES, mainly b/c these type of threads SPAM up the board.

On the contrary to your post, I don't think Venus is in STUNNING form, she's rounding out her form....i say around Wimbledon, she hits her stride. But wouldn't mind Stunning heading into the 2nd week of the French.

lizchris
May 4th, 2004, 04:09 PM
I like WHO CARES!I put that in for two reasons:

1) I know there are people who don't care for Venus and/or her fans and don't care whether she wins or loses and

2) There is one poster on this board who infests my posts with his inane and insipid posts and I wanted to bait him and I think I did.

sartrista7
May 4th, 2004, 04:11 PM
I didn't say i didn't care if VENUS win/loses I like the Choice....WHO CARES, mainly b/c these type of threads SPAM up the board.

On the contrary to your post, I don't think Venus is in STUNNING form, she's rounding out her form....i say around Wimbledon, she hits her stride. But wouldn't mind Stunning heading into the 2nd week of the French.

Well... I haven't seen her play, and I don't think she's back to anywhere near her 2000-01 form... but last week she beat a player who's been playing like a top ten player all year, and who beat her a few months ago, very easily. Maybe not stunning form, but very good form. Good enough to handle Eleni, and everyone up to Petrova and Clijsters. Then, we will see.

Foot_Fault
May 4th, 2004, 04:11 PM
I put that in for two reasons:

1) I know there are people who don't care for Venus and/or her fans and don't care whether she wins or loses and

2) There is one poster on this board who infests my posts with his inane and insipid posts and I wanted to bait him and I think I did.
Cool, glad you were successful...:o

lizchris
May 4th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Well... I haven't seen her play, and I don't think she's back to anywhere near her 2000-01 form... but last week she beat a player who's been playing like a top ten player all year, and who beat her a few months ago, very easily. Maybe not stunning form, but very good form. Good enough to handle Eleni, and everyone up to Petrova and Clijsters. Then, we will see.The way Nadia played today convinced me that Venus could beat her easily. She just won her match today, but she was struggling against a person who she could have beaten easily.

Hawk
May 4th, 2004, 04:24 PM
I love Eleni but she sucks something awful on clay :o Venus shouldn't have any problems with her.

hewittrok
May 4th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Venus in 2 sets under an hour.

Volcana
May 4th, 2004, 05:45 PM
I've only seen Eleni play four or five times. And I've never seen her play well enough to beat even Venus' 'B' game. Doesn't mean she can't. Just means I've never seen it.

englishjenfan
May 4th, 2004, 05:48 PM
PLEASE NOT VENUS. Eleni in two sets, i like her style even if she beat jen but they're friends

SJW
May 4th, 2004, 05:52 PM
The way Nadia played today convinced me that Venus could beat her easily. She just won her match today, but she was struggling against a person who she could have beaten easily.
the thing about tennis is, form is temporary :confused: Nadia beat Serena easily in AI a couple of weeks ago, and the next week lost like a bitch to Martinez

re. the thread question, since we seem to need these type of threads for every match played, i vote Venus. however, while Daniilidou may not be great on clay, and Venus is in the form of her life (ok, so i meant the last 1 1/2 years but "life" sounds more dramatic") Eleni is a more than capable player, and the reasons there are such a thing as "upsets" is why it is wise to only take one match at a time, especially concerning the elder Ms Williams

lizchris
May 4th, 2004, 06:00 PM
That's why I am going to try to create a thread regarding Venus' chances provided she gets past the second round, like I expect her to.

Venus has a motiviation to do well here. I think if she goes one round further than Capriati, she will enter the top ten and Capriati will fall out of the top ten.

lizchris
May 4th, 2004, 06:02 PM
BTW, I have never seen poll results as overwhelming as the results in this poll.

Andrew.
May 4th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Venus either in 2 close sets or 3 sets.

Something like 7-5 6-4 or 4-6 6-2 6-1

sartrista7
May 4th, 2004, 06:24 PM
The way Nadia played today convinced me that Venus could beat her easily. She just won her match today, but she was struggling against a person who she could have beaten easily.

Well... at least Nadia made it through in straight sets... unlike Serena, who's been taken to three each time she's played Anca. Anca is a decent player when she's playing well - this year alone she's beaten Maleeva and Martinez. She's just very erratic.

- L i n a -
May 4th, 2004, 06:25 PM
I voted "Who cares?".

Because, I really don't care.

lizchris
May 4th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Well... at least Nadia made it through in straight sets... unlike Serena, who's been taken to three each time she's played Anca. Anca is a decent player when she's playing well - this year alone she's beaten Maleeva and Martinez. She's just very erratic.
Serena also has 24 titles, which is 24 more than Nadia has.

sartrista7
May 4th, 2004, 06:33 PM
I don't see how that's relevant. I wasn't comparing Serena and Nadia, I was pointing out that Anca is not someone who should be dismissed.

lizchris
May 4th, 2004, 06:36 PM
I don't see how that's relevant. I wasn't comparing Serena and Nadia, I was pointing out that Anca is not someone who should be dismissed.
I wasn't dismissing her; but if Nadia could beat Serena (who, to be fair, was injured) in straight sets and Serena is in the top 10, I would expect her to at least have a 6-3, 6-3 or 6-2 match considering her powerful serve.

sartrista7
May 4th, 2004, 06:41 PM
I wasn't dismissing her; but if Nadia could beat Serena (who, to be fair, was injured) in straight sets and Serena is in the top 10, I would expect her to at least have a 6-3, 6-3 or 6-2 match considering her powerful serve.

The score was 6-4 6-3 - Nadia might have held serve each time. Anca has a tricky lefty serve, she's effective on clay, and this is her home tournament. I'm happy with Nadia's result.

Form in tennis doesn't work as logically as that, anyway. A player can play her best match of the year one day, and her worst the next... or vice versa.

- L i n a -
May 4th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Eleni sucks!!! Nadia sucks!!!

Go VENUS, I love my GODDESS, and I love her FOREVER AND EVER because she is the GREATEST and everyone else damn bests be SCARED because she lay an ASS WHOOPIN' on those funky bitches thinkin' they good.

lizchris
May 4th, 2004, 06:55 PM
The score was 6-4 6-3 - Nadia might have held serve each time. Anca has a tricky lefty serve, she's effective on clay, and this is her home tournament. I'm happy with Nadia's result.

Form in tennis doesn't work as logically as that, anyway. A player can play her best match of the year one day, and her worst the next... or vice versa.
Nadia lost her opening service game in today's match.

darrinbaker00
May 4th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Nadia lost her opening service game in today's match.
I, for one, am completely shocked. As we all know, Russian women are such great servers..... :rolleyes:

lizchris
May 4th, 2004, 07:07 PM
I, for one, am completely shocked. As we all know, Russian women are such great servers..... :rolleyes:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SerialKiller#69
May 4th, 2004, 07:27 PM
For sure. Venus in straight sets.

Rocketta
May 4th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Eleni sucks!!! Nadia sucks!!!

Go VENUS, I love my GODDESS, and I love her FOREVER AND EVER because she is the GREATEST and everyone else damn bests be SCARED because she lay an ASS WHOOPIN' on those funky bitches thinkin' they good.
You really are as smart as you think you are....:)

forever_rafter
May 4th, 2004, 07:55 PM
I'm with all my heart after Eleni :hearts:

RAA
May 4th, 2004, 08:13 PM
2 sets to venus..

BK4ever
May 4th, 2004, 09:43 PM
Venus get revenge for Tati in straight sets :D

CapFan#1
May 4th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Venus in 2 EASY sets for 2 reasons...... Venus is playing some hot tennis right now, and Eleni sucks on clay.....

Cleopatra
May 4th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Hello everyone, Venus in 2 sets.:wavey:

cometz9
May 5th, 2004, 12:10 AM
Venus get revenge for Tati in straight sets :D

yes, please get revenge on her :devil: tati :sad:

Knizzle
May 5th, 2004, 01:12 AM
I hope Venus in 2 sets. I think the first set might be close because Venus has never played Eleni, but then if Venus wins the first set she should roll easily in the second. Have a good match Venus!!

Famu_lady
May 5th, 2004, 01:22 AM
Venus in two!!

servenrichie
May 5th, 2004, 11:08 AM
I say Venus in straight sets because Eleni was extended to three sets and I think she was down a break in the last set.Your reasoning is always :o
Player A will beat player B, because player C beat player B last week. Ever heard that every match is different? If you have to continue making such assumptions, include a bit of intelligence in it. I cant see your threads any longer, they are embarassing:mad:

Bероника
May 5th, 2004, 12:23 PM
I'll be pleased whoever wins cause they're my favourite active players at the moment.So may the best one win!!!

GO ELENI!!!
GO VENUS!!!