PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody remember her?

Aerien
May 4th, 2004, 03:16 PM
http://users2.ev1.net/~jemhadar/images/maelstroms_eye/me126-kirstie_alley_001.jpg

Does anybody remember Kirstie Alley?
From show such as Cheers and Veronica's Closet and movies like the "Look Who's Talking" series?

Look at her today:
http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/alley.html

And she used to weigh 125 pounds.

Seles_Beckham
May 4th, 2004, 03:19 PM
:eek: :eek:

Aerien
May 4th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Don't click on the link if you're eating by the way. :o

Elske
May 4th, 2004, 03:26 PM
omg :bolt:

-Ph51-
May 4th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Poor girl :sad:

Pureracket
May 4th, 2004, 03:55 PM
This is NOT cool to make money off of another person's apparent misery.

Shedevil
May 4th, 2004, 03:57 PM
ooooooohohoh :eek:

tssuk 6irl :o

hythger
May 4th, 2004, 03:59 PM
wow!!:eek:

Wigglytuff
May 4th, 2004, 04:02 PM
my god that is really really scary, maybe for her sake those are fake!

skanky~skanketta
May 4th, 2004, 04:05 PM
what happenned to her?

GoDominique
May 4th, 2004, 04:06 PM
OMG that can't be true :eek: :bigcry:

Aerien
May 4th, 2004, 04:13 PM
what happenned to her?
According to the article, she seems to have suffered a string of bad relationships and has been compensating it with food for the last three years.

And I keep watching her on Cheers everyday (still shown here). I can't imagine she'd end up like this. :sad:

Martian Willow
May 4th, 2004, 04:15 PM
...actually it sounds like it's her tiny minded 'friends' who have the problem...why the fuck would a 53 year old mother need to weigh 125lbs to be happy...? :)

Lynx
May 4th, 2004, 05:01 PM
...actually it sounds like it's her tiny minded 'friends' who have the problem...why the fuck would a 53 year old mother need to weigh 125lbs to be happy...? :)
I agree.

Although 301 lbs is too much to be healthy (if it's that - she doesn't look like 301 lbs, and it seems to me the pics were taken to make her look as fat as possible).

Rocketta
May 4th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Hello?? Do you people not see her everyday in Pier I commercials? That is standard gossip rag fodder...:o

Rocketta
May 4th, 2004, 06:16 PM
even if she's gained weight she hasn't gained enough to be 300 lbs unless she has a gland problem..

lizchris
May 4th, 2004, 06:51 PM

Her weight is the reason why Peir I dropped her from their TV ads, so I hear, which is too bad because I liked her in them.

For someone her height and age, somewhere in the 140's is a good weight. It is obvious from the Globe picture she weighs in excess of 200 pounds, but not the 300 like the Globe is implying.

Hantuchov
May 4th, 2004, 07:02 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Poor her :sad:

And the food :scared:....omg...thankGod I only have a gum in my mouth :p

bw2082
May 4th, 2004, 07:13 PM
saying 301 lends "credibility." if you say 301 then it sounds like you have the actual weight instead of saying 300 which could be rounded or estimated.

Keith
May 4th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Kirstie is a great actress. She clearly has an eating disorder. In a place like Hollywood, I'm sure she is quite depressed. Maybe I'm in a foul mood, but how come they write articles like this about women? Kirstie is what...50something? Give her a break. How many of us haven't eaten in our car? How many of us haven't wolfed it down, either. I'd be mortified if someone was snapping pictures. That is never a glamorous thing.

Furthermore, maybe she wants to spend her money and indulge. As opposed to many other celebrities who rarely eat and spend 4hrs a day working out.

Keith
May 4th, 2004, 07:16 PM

Her weight is the reason why Peir I dropped her from their TV ads, so I hear, which is too bad because I liked her in them.

For someone her height and age, somewhere in the 140's is a good weight. It is obvious from the Globe picture she weighs in excess of 200 pounds, but not the 300 like the Globe is implying.

Well, they were hiding her behind lampshades and couches, so it wasn't that bad.

Keith
May 4th, 2004, 07:19 PM
From the article:

Meanwhile, the once-glamorous Kirstie is forced to hide her portly figure under loose clothes to conceal the rolls of embarrassing fat from those fans who recognize her

That is one of the meanest things I have ever read. I can't believe anyone pays to read that kind of garbage. It's shallow.

lizchris
May 4th, 2004, 07:26 PM
From the article:

Meanwhile, the once-glamorous Kirstie is forced to hide her portly figure under loose clothes to conceal the rolls of embarrassing fat from those fans who recognize her

That is one of the meanest things I have ever read. I can't believe anyone pays to read that kind of garbage. It's shallow.I agree that is mean.

One of the things that makes America looks bad to other countries is our obsession with weight. If a woman isn't 100 lbs and have DD breasts (which is anatomically impossible), then she is not normal.

gentenaire
May 4th, 2004, 07:38 PM
I still think there are plenty of women her age who'd love to look like she does now. Like others said, that article is trash. It's easy to take non flattering pics.

BigB08822
May 4th, 2004, 08:53 PM
I am sure (maybe I just hope) that that is a really horrible picture of her. Either way, she has certainly gained a lot of weight but that is definitely her right.

MisterQ
May 4th, 2004, 09:59 PM
It's strange, I was just thinking of her the other day because I met someone with a sort of raspy "Kirstie Alley voice."

It's terrible what these tabloid will do.

It's also sad that Kirstie's weight has increased so suddenly (assuming these are at all factual). I wouldn't have recognized her. :sad:

Dava
May 4th, 2004, 10:19 PM
OH MY!!!!! She looked so great in Legally Blonde, and she gave a cracking performance in the hilarious Drop Dead Georgous (the scene with the giant swan...:rolls:)

Cant believe shes put all that weight on.

charmedRic
May 5th, 2004, 02:03 AM
OMG Kirstie! Poor Thing, I hope she pulls her life back together, she's amazing.

Mattographer
May 5th, 2004, 05:22 AM
Whoa, hard to believe it's actually her! :sad: Hope she don't have any personal problems such as depression.

Mattographer
May 5th, 2004, 05:23 AM
By the way, I agree with whoever says taken a picture while she eating was rude!

Helen Lawson
May 18th, 2004, 07:37 PM
She needs to get on the Karen Carpenter diet immediately.

She's a Scientologist, so we know she's not playing with a full deck.

6.45PM
May 18th, 2004, 07:55 PM
the only thing that should be remembered is that she is a cool actress with a great sense of humour :) if she is happy that way, well, let her be :) the thing that's worrying is the health issue. anything can happen.

and i miss karen carpenter :sad: what a great voice she had :)

morbidangle
May 18th, 2004, 08:25 PM
:sad:

Helen Lawson
May 18th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Not 300, 301 :o I actually find it hilarous they say she weight 301 lbs, like if 1 pound makes a difference when you're at 300 lbs.

I agree, there's no way she would weight 300 lbs. Maximum would be 240 lbs at a certain point of her life.
There was actually a headline once (I was featured elsewhere in the rag, that's why I had to buy it, and it was ALL LIES, btw) that read "Oprah hits deadly 220 lbs." I guess 219 is fine, 220 is "deadly."

ToeTag
May 18th, 2004, 09:06 PM
:cool: Yay! Helens' back.

Tompier
May 18th, 2004, 09:21 PM
I can't imagine she'd end up like this. :sad:

who said it's the end ?? She is still alive and can make things work out.
She looks so sad :sad: go girl

toreador
May 18th, 2004, 10:05 PM
I agree that is mean.

One of the things that makes America looks bad to other countries is our obsession with weight. If a woman isn't 100 lbs and have DD breasts (which is anatomically impossible), then she is not normal.
its not just the USA i can assure you :tape:
when i weighed 65kg and i was 1.70 people thought i was fat :lol:

...people can be so mean :(