PDA

View Full Version : Schnyder d. Hantuchova 6-2, 6-2

bracey
May 4th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Stunning Schnyder continues her hot streak.

As for Daniela, it seems to be one step forwards and two steps back as of late.

caramel
May 4th, 2004, 12:43 PM
:rolleyes: Daniela

charmedRic
May 4th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Good Win For Patty, as for Daniela:rolleyes:

Purple_Llama
May 4th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Congrats to patty :D

Greenout
May 4th, 2004, 12:53 PM
What can we say? No Conchita. She's totally up for it now. ;)

SelesFan70
May 4th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Daniela.... :sad:

bracey
May 4th, 2004, 01:01 PM
Part of Schnyder's success is the fire in her belly exhibited against Martinez. Daniela could learn a lot from this.

switz
May 4th, 2004, 01:02 PM
i'm shocked by the ease. even if dani was playing crap patty is obviously playing well. what's with the great play in big tournaments this? 1 GS and 1 tier I played and 1 GS semi and 1 tier I semi. great chance now for her go far in this tournament and there's nobody left she can't beat except a top form venus or kim.

patty versus manu next. manu won their last meeting from memory but it was a long time ago from memory

bracey
May 4th, 2004, 01:08 PM
There are many massive tournaments in the coming weeks. Patty is my darkhorse to win one of them.

gorecki
May 4th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Daniela :sad:
Patty :)

ghosts
May 4th, 2004, 02:31 PM
awful :haha:

Vut
May 4th, 2004, 02:35 PM
:eek: Hantuchiva better luck next time !

rada
May 4th, 2004, 02:38 PM
dani and jelena LOL are they sister's or something????????

Lucy
May 4th, 2004, 02:52 PM
:clap2::clap2:

vogus
May 4th, 2004, 03:07 PM
good chance for Patty to finally get even with Miss Gaggs for knocking her out of RG in the 1st round back in '00. That was one of Patty's pissiest losses of all time...

i think that while it's obviously good that Patty beat Hanuchova 6-2 6-2 in 45 minutes, it's not necessarily a sign that Patty is playing great tennis (yet). Dani H is in horrid form, playing like somebody ranked 150-200 for the last 6 months, imo she's even in danger of dropping off the tour. In Patty's previous matches she lost to Maleeva (who's terrible on clay) almost lost to Marrero (ranked like 80th) and was beaten soundly by Martinez twice. Gagliardi should be a better indicator of where Patty's game stands. If Patty beats her 62 62 as well, then i will start to be optimistic.

Patty plays much better when she's calm, focused, and not acting like a fool on the court. What happened in Charleston against Martinez was not any indication of Patty's inner "belly fire" or toughness - it was quite the opposite. Patty WAS however very tough in the four Charleston matches she won before the semis, that didn't get written about much.

Hopefully we are not going to have to deal with the stupid Conchita jokes for as long as we had the stupid orange juice jokes.

Mathijs
May 4th, 2004, 03:14 PM
poor Dani :bigcry:

Patty :)

Vincent
May 4th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Daniela :bigcry:

bracey
May 4th, 2004, 03:36 PM
At least we know that the passion lies deep within Schnyder. The Martinez match was an expression of that emotion.

daniela86
May 4th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Another heartbreaking loss :crying: :crying2: :sad: Poor Dani!! :sad:

vogus
May 4th, 2004, 04:11 PM
i could cite a number of far truer (and more positive) examples of the expression of Patty's on-court emotion than that stinkin' Martinez match, but in the interests of saving time, i will go ahead and agree with you.

bandabou
May 4th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Seldom have seen a career go south as fast as Dani´s career has gone south. Amazing....at least she got lucky and won her lone title.

Hantuchov
May 4th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Daniela :help:

Lower tiers called, they want you back there! ;)

Patty :clap2: :D :yeah:

Volcana
May 4th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Patty's in the Porsche top ten, Dani is form-less. The length of time it took is more indicative than the score. I hope Dani can take some solace in the fact that the player who just pounded her was in the same place she is a couple years back.

Beat
May 4th, 2004, 06:42 PM
well done, patty! :)

SerialKiller#69
May 4th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Dani :sad:

flyingmachine
May 4th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Oh NO Daniela cries again. :bigcry:

*JR*
May 4th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Deep Blue Eyes may never have made a tournament final, but she has the kind of junkball game to Pepper Patty with. So Manu:

:bounce: Hhhhooooppppp Sssscchhhwwwiiizzz :bounce:

beauty_is_pink
May 4th, 2004, 09:30 PM
Oh NO Daniela cries again. :bigcry:she didnt cry k?

Dava
May 4th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Nice result for Patty. :bounce:

Dani is appretently working with Nigel Sears again, which could either be the best or the worst thing for her career, I really dont know LOL. I hope having the guy who put her up there gives her the encouragement to do it again, IM no fan, but shes a good player and someone who was always good to watch.

switz
May 5th, 2004, 12:45 AM
good chance for Patty to finally get even with Miss Gaggs for knocking her out of RG in the 1st round back in '00. That was one of Patty's pissiest losses of all time...

i think that while it's obviously good that Patty beat Hanuchova 6-2 6-2 in 45 minutes, it's not necessarily a sign that Patty is playing great tennis (yet). Dani H is in horrid form, playing like somebody ranked 150-200 for the last 6 months, imo she's even in danger of dropping off the tour. In Patty's previous matches she lost to Maleeva (who's terrible on clay) almost lost to Marrero (ranked like 80th) and was beaten soundly by Martinez twice. Gagliardi should be a better indicator of where Patty's game stands. If Patty beats her 62 62 as well, then i will start to be optimistic.

daniela hasn't really been in horrible form. she beat sanchez-lorenzo last (who beat martinez this week) and lost to smashnova 6-4, 7-5. she took venus to a breaker in miami and beat molik and made the quarters in toyko, and has been injured for a while, so i don't really think you're right in saying that she has been playing like someone ranked 150-200. i wouldn't exactly say beating manu is easily is a better reflection of her form as she has hardly won a match this year and has been in far worse form than hantuchova. i'm not saying that patty is playing great, but i think she must have done something pretty well as hantuchova hasn't had many loses like this this year other than against the very best players.

Rothes
May 5th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Excellent Win Patty.

You know this is the first time in a while My Two Favourites have played each other, what do I do now?? ;)

Rub
May 5th, 2004, 02:09 AM
poor dani!