Chance
May 4th, 2004, 11:16 AM
The show is over, say good-bye

Say good-bye [bye bye], say good-bye.

Take a bow, the night is over
This masquerade is getting older
Light are low, the curtains down
There's no one here
There's no one here, there's no one in the crowd.

~RedRose~
May 4th, 2004, 11:20 AM
thats sooo true, although unfortunate. However I think Jelena needs to just rebuild her game, and she isn't gonna rebuild it by suddenly playing great one week. She needs to enter Tier 4s and 3s. even 5s .... she needs to work from the bottom again if she wants to make the top.

Freewoman33
May 4th, 2004, 11:44 AM
I've always given you so much talent

you've always known that you were destined for greatness

you took your talent for granted

why oh why

this show is over say goodbye.

caramel
May 4th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Thank you, Jelena. Just because of you I won´t be able to have lunch today as your terrible performance made your coach bite his nails and seeing that live on Eurosport short before lunch made me sick to the stomach. Ewwww :eek: how nasty and disgusting. I thought Eurosport was going to show tennis and not the first official nail biting world championship. :confused:

TatiAnnahølic
May 4th, 2004, 12:09 PM
congrats Meghann! :D

Jelena.. :rolleyes:

©@®eLess
May 4th, 2004, 12:11 PM
She is still a tennis player!?

Brαm
May 4th, 2004, 12:13 PM
It was truly awful to see.
Whatever happened to the fighter she used to be..? Today she looked as if she didn't even care whether she lost or not.
Backhand was just horrible (OVER the net, Jelena! :awww: ), she was slow & wasn't even trying...
Btw, her serve is just like mine. It sucks.

Jelena, maybe you should try to do something different, something you actually like doing.

raquel
May 4th, 2004, 12:18 PM
I watched this on Eurosport too and if Meghann was in great form and blasted Jelena off the court then she's too good, but Meghann didn't even have to play that well. Jelena was just terrible and looked very sad and upset. The commentators were saying she looks in distress, as if being on the court is the last place she wants to be. Poor Jelena, I hope she can work on what's wrong off court and then work on the on court stuff because when she is too talented to let her game go to waste :sad:

azza
May 4th, 2004, 12:51 PM
Aidan you thought shewould actually win :haha: :o :p

charmedRic
May 4th, 2004, 12:59 PM
...girl...you need to like...go hit the gym and the practice court.

...it's really sad to see Dokic like that.

oddkayla
May 4th, 2004, 01:01 PM
I hate to do this but isnt this the same Jelena who a few weeks ago, right around Miami said in an interview that the Williams were done, that noone even mentioned Venus anymore? The way she said it was so insulting, that you would have thought she had some vaguely decent results to show.

~RedRose~
May 4th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Jelena said that about 5 months ago didn't she .... leave it to rest people, she said it at a time when the William's were not around and the belgians were on top. She said that Venus and Serena will not be the dominate players they were in the past. Venus has one a tournament YIPEE .... she hasnt proven to be as dominate as in the past, and neither has Serena. Serena and Venus are favs of mine, but Dokic's comments were in reply to a question asked and she gave her opinion on the matter, what is wrong with that?

Chriskip
May 4th, 2004, 01:40 PM
A lot is wrong with what she said. Until many of these players on the tour learn to let their actions speak louder than their words, then the Williamses will continue to have a hold over them even if they are not even playing for 6-8 months. It seems that only Kim and Justine had sense enough to capitalize on their absence. Others spent their time revelling in their absence from the courts. Now if they had had the common sense enough to train harder and improve their game they would have made it a hell of a lot harder for them on their return. Their are other "top" players who have fallen off form. When that happens its accepted as "one of those things". Take Capriati for example. You dont hear a lot if any of the other players saying she is washed up. Yet if the Sisters skip a tourney they are as good as done. But who do they all think they are fooling.....they are as scared as hell stepping on that court with them. Dokic has always been one of the loud mouths when it came to other players. She even took on Chanda too. Now I think she is just envious and its killing her game, because she doesnt have half the success as the players she is so vocal on. She is adult and as such should learn to keep her mouth shut or plead "no comment" when asked certain questions.

sarza
May 4th, 2004, 01:43 PM
wow that match was soooo bad :sad:

SelesFan70
May 4th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Jelena...just go to the bars with Iva and she'll help you cope...:drink:...hic!

GoDominique
May 4th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Exactly what I expected after seeing her in practice.

Until she sorts out her (personal) problems she won't be able to focus on a tennis match.

Tompier
May 4th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Jelena :rolleyes:

rada
May 4th, 2004, 02:30 PM
her and dani should play each other that would be a fun match to watch LOL
jelena sux and so does dani they have to have a long long break thats all;)

Vut
May 4th, 2004, 02:37 PM
:eek: Dokic :sad:

darren cahill
May 4th, 2004, 03:07 PM
The show is over, say good-bye

Say good-bye [bye bye], say good-bye.

Take a bow, the night is over
This masquerade is getting older
Light are low, the curtains down
There's no one here
There's no one here, there's no one in the crowd.
so odd...i was JUST playing the cd that song is on! how weird!:lol:

BK4ever
May 4th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Give her a break, there has to be some serious shit going on that we don't know about :sad: