PDA

View Full Version : Can Kimpossibly win a GS in her career?

Doraemon
May 4th, 2004, 10:07 AM
I think she is capable of it but dunno if she really will cuz time is running out!

"Sluggy"
May 4th, 2004, 10:16 AM
I hope so! Kim is awesome! why is time running out? - cause she plans to not have a long career.

charmedRic
May 4th, 2004, 10:24 AM
I think she can, but there are some many variables with this girl, it would be impossible to say WHEN AND WHICH.

Crazy_Fool
May 4th, 2004, 10:55 AM
I think she is capable of it but dunno if she really will cuz time is running out!
Yep, she is 20 years old, sooo old.

Smackie
May 4th, 2004, 11:23 AM
If she manages one win, which is all it takes, she will win loads. However she missed the better chances which Serena and Venus and few others were out of the tournements so it will be more difficult than before now.

Hagrid
May 4th, 2004, 11:30 AM
well! I think she certainly can! she has just been a little unlucky so far!

saki
May 4th, 2004, 11:42 AM
It depends on whether she's willing to make any changes/improvements to her game. I've never once heard her talk about doing so (which doesn't mean that she isn't thinking about it, of course) and if she just keeps on the way she is, she'll continue to just miss out unless she gets lucky and Venus, Serena, Justine and preferably Amelie too are all out of a slam because of injury.

Foot_Fault
May 4th, 2004, 01:04 PM
She will, just a matter of time.

Martian Willow
May 4th, 2004, 01:13 PM
...I don't think it's Kimpossible... :)

space_eef03
May 4th, 2004, 01:29 PM
She must be able to do it!! We just have to be patient! ;)

Volcana
May 4th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Mary Jo Fernandez. Three GS finals, never a champ.

Sure Kim MIGHT win a slam title. But she's very vulnerable to any opponent who

a) has great coverage
b) hits with depth, and
c) can hit short angle winners

Kim's willingness to play two and three meters behind the baseline is a weakness she overcomes with extreme athleticism. But there are two of three players who are her equal or better both as athletes and shot-makers. And they beat her when it counts most. I think the key to Kim winning GS titles is defending the baseline, instead of conceding it. She certainly has the talent, but tactically .....

SelesFan70
May 4th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Time is running out? :confused: Me thinks not! :o She'll win several Majors... :D

sarza
May 4th, 2004, 01:34 PM
i think she will def win at least one hopefully more :banana:

jan.
May 4th, 2004, 02:04 PM
No, her time is long past already, well maybe after the FO. She had chances and she blew it, now that the william sisters are back, nuh uh.

Lady
May 4th, 2004, 02:14 PM
She will be only 21 next month, at what age Lindsay & Jennifer won their 1st??

sarza
May 4th, 2004, 02:16 PM
She will be only 21 next month, at what age Lindsay & Jennifer won their 1st??

excatly people r talking like shes 31 not 21 :lol:

Martian Jeza
May 4th, 2004, 02:17 PM
I think she can but she has to stop her Poulidor complex ;)

RAA
May 4th, 2004, 02:21 PM
if conchita martinez can win Wimbledon...
no disrespect to conchita.. but that had to be the most unlikely surface for her to win her GS...

you never know what lies in store for Kim. She is VERY young.....

~|Naomi|~
May 4th, 2004, 02:34 PM
excatly people r talking like shes 31 not 21 :lol:

:worship:
If time is running out for Kiim who is still a month away from her 21st birthday then it has definately run out for the majority of the tour.

Doraemon
Sep 12th, 2004, 10:01 AM
bump

bandabou
Sep 12th, 2004, 10:04 AM
Hmmm..but after sometime after seeing people after people winning their firsts and you´re still empty handed, it can start eating you up.

Lemonskin.
Sep 12th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Of course she can!

...just not against Justine! :p

saki
Sep 12th, 2004, 10:54 AM
I still agree with what I wrote back then. Kim needs to put some serious thought into why she's not winning slams, get some tapes of her matches, watch them with her coach and get going to minimise her weaknesses and maximise her strengths. Otherwise, she might get lucky anyway but that's it.

Chrissie-fan
Sep 12th, 2004, 11:01 AM
She's won the Masters two times,so there's no reason why she wouldn't be able to win a Slam as well.

Gaston

Freija
Sep 12th, 2004, 11:36 AM
She will definitly will some Slams!

Go Kimmie!

justine&coria
Sep 12th, 2004, 12:26 PM
I don't really like Kim, but I think that unlike Mauresmo, she has the game to win a GS ! it's just a matter of time she wins one (of course, if she comes back as strong as she was before her injury) .

Mercury Rising
Sep 12th, 2004, 12:34 PM
I don't really like Kim, but I think that unlike Mauresmo, she has the game to win a GS ! it's just a matter of time she wins one (of course, if she comes back as strong as she was before her injury) .And who did you piss off? :devil:

Gowza
Sep 12th, 2004, 12:36 PM
im not really a fan of kim either but i think if she comes back to the tour playing like she did when she got out injured then she has a strong chance to at least win one slam sometime soon. i think she is capable of mixing it with the russians and atm justine, and the williams sisters arent playing well enough consistently to win slams and neither are capriati or mauresmo, davenport is playing a bit better than everyone atm but continues to have injury problems which will stop her from winning the slams.

kim has a chance, it might be tough for her though because the russians werent doing as well as they are now before kim got injured and she might struggle with the depth of womens tennis now.

flyingmachine
Sep 12th, 2004, 12:41 PM
:confused: Time is running out for Kim??? :awww: Jana Novotna didn't won hers till she was 28/29 years old and Kim is only 21. If she improves her tennis than I think is the matter of time because she has the talent to do it.

justine&coria
Sep 12th, 2004, 01:30 PM
And who did you piss off? :devil:
Newbee2004 : he badrepped me 4 times during the last week !
I'll probably turn off my reppoints ! :)

Crazy_Fool
Sep 12th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Newbee2004 : he badrepped me 4 times during the last week !
I'll probably turn off my reppoints ! :)
LOL, I'm getting badrepped by this troll as well!! I decided to turn mine off, can't be bothered with trolls like that.

skanky~skanketta
Sep 12th, 2004, 01:39 PM
of course she can!and she WILL!

Experimentee
Sep 12th, 2004, 01:47 PM
If she was healthy for any of the past 3 Grand Slams she would have probably won at least one. You can view that as meaning that she has the capability if more chances arise, or that she already missed her best chances and wont get any more. I think she can definitely win one though, because shes shown she is better than Myskina, Sharapova or Kuznetsova and they all won one. The chance will arise again sometime, as this is probably the weakest period in womens tennis.

faboozadoo15
Sep 12th, 2004, 03:02 PM
i think she'll get herself a nice slam or 2 (maybe more) by the end of her career. she's too good not to.