PDA

View Full Version : Jumping on the bandwagon

oddkayla
May 4th, 2004, 08:20 AM
I really need to offload here. I am so tired of sports journalists who are so ready to write off players without consideration of all factors. As soon as there is a sniff that everything is on an upward turn, they turn around like a pack of dogs and start proclaiming the brilliance of the player, as if they said something profound.

Just a few week, Jon whatshisname, wrote that Venus needed a shrink and all the stuff his colleagues wrote, now barely two weeks later, they are ready to proclaim she is back. Now give me a break.

Its not just with Venus. There is so much of that going on. If you are going to trash a player, please do so without looking two faced about it. If this girl needed a shrink two weeks ago, my understanding of psychology is that she would still need it two weeks later.

While there is need to be critical of athletes because they provide for our entertainment, I think we need to cut them some slack

"Sluggy"
May 4th, 2004, 08:26 AM
I have to agre with you. i too read that Venus needed a sports shrink. so whats the deal now, is she cured?

GoGoMaggie
May 4th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Those so called "accomplished" journalist have no brains just like all of us. Plain simple.
As for John Wormmuddy, he hasn't got a clue what the fuck he's talkin 'bout most of the time. I still read his colums now n then cuz he's hilarious thanks to his ignorance-bias-filled hypocracy.