PDA

View Full Version : I miss the days when...

tennisIlove09
May 4th, 2004, 07:03 AM
complete the sentence.

Here's my list.

I miss the days when...

...Venus was winning majors, not playing far below her level in the finals

....Capriati was mentally strong enough to close out three sets matches

....Hingis was playing, and making the tour that much more exicting

....every major played, there was about 6-7 players with a realistic chance to win

....fans didn't feel like the 'best' player in the world had to cheat to get where she is

Mr_Molik
May 4th, 2004, 07:06 AM
.... at any given time, half of the top 10 is not injured
.... the top players played reguarly, not only in majors

Santorofan
May 4th, 2004, 07:10 AM
I miss the days when ....

certain fans didn't feel the need to invalidate other players wonderful accomplishments due to their current #1 status/ rankings and the rankings freefall their own personal favs have experienced ;)

GoGoMaggie
May 4th, 2004, 09:30 AM
I miss the days when there was more depth on the tour, when there was so much greater variety in the players' play styles. I certainly enjoyed the game more those days: Gaby, Kimiko, Steffi, Arantxa, Mary Joe, Anke, Jana, Monica, Natasha, there were all there. I used to have so many players to cheer for but nowadays, there are so many "boring" and not-worth-supporting players. Plus I hate it when ppl underappreciate players from the older generations.

▀coene
May 4th, 2004, 09:33 AM
I miss the days when Anna was playing tennis.

foreva lindsay
May 4th, 2004, 09:38 AM
i miss the dayz when.... lindsay was no.1 before she got injured

Crazy_Fool
May 4th, 2004, 11:48 AM
I miss the days when someone won a slam it was a great acomplishment and not tried to be taken away from them by jealous fans.

Greenout
May 4th, 2004, 11:58 AM
I miss the days when someone won a slam it was a great acomplishment and not tried to be taken away from them by jealous fans.

This is soooo true. I didn't think it would be this bad; but I
think in terms of paranoia, jealousy, accusations, bitterness
and down right hostility with a lot of ugly trash talking mixed
in with no respect- it's the worst ever. I'm not surprised
that nobody plays doubles much, anymore- it's just ego
driven now.

sarza
May 4th, 2004, 03:02 PM

i agree

Rocketta
May 4th, 2004, 03:50 PM
I miss the days when fans didn't talk out the side of the neck or both sides of their mouth. :o

anabel
May 4th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Graf Seles Sanchez Pierce Novotna & Martinez were battling with the new stars Hingis Davenport V & SWilliams...

96 97 98 99 00 :hearts: :hearts:

*Jool*
May 4th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Graf Seles Sanchez Pierce Novotna & Martinez were battling with the new stars Hingis Davenport V & SWilliams...

96 97 98 99 00 :hearts: :hearts:

Those years were the greatest !!!
And I would include 94/95

I miss the days when I liked the top players (Conchi, Steffi, Mary, Martina H, Lindsay, Mary Joe, Kimiko, Anke) which is not the case right now...

TatiAnnah°lic
May 4th, 2004, 04:02 PM
I miss the days when Anna was playing tennis.me 2 :sad: