PDA

View Full Version : Could somebody explain this 'good rep, bad rep' point thing to me?

Volcana
May 4th, 2004, 05:03 AM
I used to think it had something to do with those green dots under your name, but everybody had greendots under their name, so obviously that's not it. What exactly is this thing and why is it people are so concerned about it? Well, I shouldn't say that. I haven't noticed the board has changed any, so obviously people AREN'T worried about it. But people mention it, so what the hell is it?

Philbo
May 4th, 2004, 05:15 AM
Some people use it as some sort of popularity contest, begging others to give them points...I dont really know what the point of it is either...

Ballbuster
May 4th, 2004, 05:34 AM
I haven't noticed the board has changed any, so obviously people AREN'T worried about it. But people mention it, so what thehell is it?

boy, now we want to play naive. :rolleyes: I thought you were one of the brighter ones on this board.

I'm not telling you nothing. Figure it out for yourself.

davenport_1
May 4th, 2004, 05:42 AM
I'm not telling you nothing. Figure it out for yourself.

wow.....what a mature thing to say.

Volcana, Rep points are just idiotic ways for people to think they are getting revenge on people who insulted thier favorite tennis player(s)

watch this: THE WILLIAMS SISTERS CAN"T PLAY TENNIS FOR CRAP AND SERENA IS FAT AND CAN'T ACT!!!

now watch...people are going to give me negative rep points but who the hell cares????? they are just stupid red dots! They don't mean shit.

Volcana
May 4th, 2004, 05:46 AM
they are just stupid red dots! They don't mean shit.But where do these 'red dots' show up? Is there a page that lists all of them or something? I know I'm just demonstrating my own insecurity, but it feels like someone is having a joke at my expense. There really IS such a thing as 'rep points' right? This isn't just some board-wide in-joke I'm too dense to figure out?:confused:

davenport_1
May 4th, 2004, 05:49 AM
you see where you have a whole bunch of green dots under your name? If people send you bad reps you will get red dots instead.

Knizzle
May 4th, 2004, 05:51 AM
But where do these 'red dots' show up? Is there a page that lists all of them or something?
So you have never ever clicked the User Cp button?? I guess you made your sig on the first day you joined and haven't changed it since. Not to mention you have to activate your OWN rep as it is off when you sign up. I guess it's been so long and you have forgotten these things.

Volcana
May 4th, 2004, 05:51 AM
you see where you have a whole bunch of green dots under your name? If people send you bad reps you will get red dots instead.But nobody HAS red dots under their name! EVERYBODY has green dots! And all we do is insult each other around here, so you'd think we ALL would have rows of red dots.

tennisjunky
May 4th, 2004, 05:58 AM
But where do these 'red dots' show up? Is there a page that lists all of them or something? I know I'm just demonstrating my own insecurity, but it feels like someone is having a joke at my expense. There really IS such a thing as 'rep points' right? This isn't just some board-wide in-joke I'm too dense to figure out?:confused:
It took me a while to discover the page where the dots were too :lol:
On the top of the page, click where it says "user cp" and then it should say "Latest Reputation Received" and there should be all the dots, red and green, and some comments from people that gave them to you. If you dont see them then look all the way to the right of "Latest Reputation Recieved" and you'll see an arrow, just click on that.

FYI Ive got a page full of green dots with some really nice comments and two red dots. One from Knizzle and the other from Jarret. Knizzle was just being spiteful because i gave him a red dot and the same goes for Jarret who wrote "PULEEZ BITCH" in the comments. I love reading what people write, its very entertaining and usually good for a laugh.

Volcana
May 4th, 2004, 05:59 AM
So you have never ever clicked the User Cp button?? I guess you made your sig on the first day you joined and haven't changed it since. Not to mention you have to activate your OWN rep as it is off when you sign up. I guess it's been so long and you have forgotten these things.

Ooooh. Now I see it. I had no idea. I guess I never scrolled down that far. I only used User CP to add people to my ignore list.

That rep point thing is kind of a cool feature. And the fact that everybody has green dots means we aren't as nasty as a group as I thought we were.

Props to us!:)

SpikeyAidanm
May 4th, 2004, 06:02 AM
It's a drug to a lot of members, thankfully I'm out of rehab :p

tennisjunky
May 4th, 2004, 06:02 AM
Even with one or two red dots youll still have a row of green because you get points for each green dot. Youve got to have more red than green in order for your reputation to be bad, which is pretty rare. You can also see the point total all the way to ther right by the arrow. Youve been posting here for a while so i would immagine that you would have a shit load of points by now.

davenport_1
May 4th, 2004, 06:03 AM
i used to have a whole shitload of red dots but i said something nice about silvia farina elia and I got into the green

AnDyDog621
May 4th, 2004, 06:11 AM
IF u want to see people with Red Dots, then goto Member List which is 2 buttons right of User CP, and then click Reputation and then click the arrow next to Reputation after it got reloaded...then u will see the people with red dots!!

sarza
May 4th, 2004, 10:26 AM
But nobody HAS red dots under their name! EVERYBODY has green dots! And all we do is insult each other around here, so you'd think we ALL would have rows of red dots.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan
May 4th, 2004, 10:47 AM
so what does it mean if the dots turn black?

esquímaux
May 4th, 2004, 10:51 AM
so what does it mean if the dots turn black?
Turn on your monitor.

Alan
May 4th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Turn on your monitor.
hehehe :) seriously now? :lol:

i have seen other members who have lack DOTS and not the SCREEN

Dolpho
May 4th, 2004, 11:25 AM
:) Well! if u r looking for someone to prove your point Alan, I volunteer with my single black dot! I have always been wondering what this dot means!

esquímaux
May 4th, 2004, 11:27 AM
:) Well! if u r looking for someone to prove your point Alan, I volunteer with my single black dot! I have always been wondering what this dot means!
You have your rep points turned off :lol:

Dolpho
May 4th, 2004, 12:07 PM
You have your rep points turned off :lol:
oooo, I always knew there was something wrong with the settings, thanxx esquimaux:worship: