PDA

View Full Version : Will Kostanic be a real threat?

alwayshingis
May 4th, 2004, 02:02 AM
She had a great showing in Charleston, and she had a pretty solid win today against Pisnik (32 in the world). I don't think she will ever be a REAL top player, but will she ever be a threat for major 4th rounds and quarterfinals and such?

alextreiber04
May 4th, 2004, 02:16 AM
Probably not. She seems like the player who does well in regular tournaments but chokes in the major ones e.g. Grand Slams. I hope not though, I mean it would be good for Womens Tennis. But the second you start labeling a player like this with one really good result the pressure gets to them.

Gowza
May 4th, 2004, 02:17 AM
remember harkleroad? she had an amazing run at charelston but didnt do all that well at RG and hasnt done anything since. however kostanic did make the 3rd round last year at RG? i think she did and lost to justine.

joao
May 4th, 2004, 02:44 AM
Well clearly Myskina will have to be very focused ... otherwise I smell the upset. Kostanic is really confident. She could have lost her opening after winning Budapest (let-downs often happen) but she kept her concentration and won in straight sets. Myskina is next ...

esquímaux
May 4th, 2004, 03:25 AM
no.

BK4ever
May 4th, 2004, 03:31 AM
Well clearly Myskina will have to be very focused ... otherwise I smell the upset. Kostanic is really confident. She could have lost her opening after winning Budapest (let-downs often happen) but she kept her concentration and won in straight sets. Myskina is next ...
kostanic didnt win budapest :tape: :o

davenport_1
May 4th, 2004, 04:34 AM
[QUOTE=alwayshingis]Will Kostanic be a Real Threat?QUOTE]

Of course not.

Blazedboy
May 4th, 2004, 06:57 AM
She'll be better then Sprem

Jakeev
May 4th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Reality is, Jelena had a dream draw at Charleston and she took advantage of it. But getting to a semi of any big tournament can either hurt or help a player's career.

After going 1 or 1 FedCup, she lost the first round of her next tournament and now plays a top ten player in the second round of Berlin.

Jelena is already a seasoned pro. Now it's time for her to make her move.

Jakeev
May 4th, 2004, 07:03 AM
She'll be better then Sprem
That's an interesting comment considering Karolina is only a year and half into her time on the WTA tour and is close to top 20 while Jelena has already been around for about five years or so......

Buitenzorg
May 4th, 2004, 07:07 AM
She could cause an upset tonight againts Myskina.....