PDA

View Full Version : when will dinara safina reach the top 20?

Gowza
May 4th, 2004, 01:44 AM
she seems to have talent but she hasnt played lately so hasnt had the chance to move her ranking up. i was a bit disappointed the younger sharapova beat her to the top 25 and top 20 although i think sharapova is more talented and will ultimately have a better career it would have been nice for dinara to get there first. do you think she'll get there this year? or will it take her a year or 2?

*JR*
May 4th, 2004, 01:52 AM
It's Sister Safina's first year with fine coach Hubert Choudury, be patient. ;)

Gowza
May 4th, 2004, 01:54 AM
It's Sister Safina's first year with fine coach Hubert Choudury, be patient. ;)
lol i am being patient. i dont care when she gets there as long as she plays well and steadily makes some progress which imo she has done this year.

esquímaux
May 4th, 2004, 02:57 AM
OAFETTE!!! :hearts:

AnDyDog621
May 4th, 2004, 03:00 AM
After RG!!!

alwayshingis
May 4th, 2004, 03:03 AM
If she beats Sharapova tomorrow...she's the one who deserves top 20.

Lucy
May 4th, 2004, 05:16 AM
dont worry. her time will come just like her brother, marat. :D

Volcana
May 4th, 2004, 05:21 AM
I think she'll make the top twenty. But there are an awful l lot of players ahead of her who are under 25. I don't know that she'll ever make the top ten. If you stop and think about it, Williams, Williams, Henin-Hardenne, Clijsters, Myskina, Dementieva, Petrova, Kuznetsova, Zvonareva and Mauresmo could all be good for the top ten for the next five years. And there's Schnyder and Sharapova to get past.There are just an awful lot of good young players ahead of her..

Chunchun
May 4th, 2004, 06:09 AM
in 2004