PDA

View Full Version : Who's the most combative?

~VaMoS~ArAnTxA~
May 3rd, 2004, 10:29 PM
Which player, in the open era, is the most combative[/SIZE] according to you? Tough question hein!?

Here I've got some suggestions...

1. Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario
2. Steffi Graf
3. Monica Seles
4. Martina Navratilova
5. Justine Henin-Hardenne
6. Kim Clijsters
7. Others!!

For sure, my personnal choice is ASV !! :worship: She never gave up of her carreer...she always gave 110%...and she's still doing it in Berlin!

Do you think the same thing as me??

Vamos Arantxa! :worship:

DA FOREHAND
May 3rd, 2004, 10:30 PM
Venus Williams
ASV
Steffi
Monica usually fights till the end
justine

azinna
May 3rd, 2004, 11:29 PM
Depends on what you mean by combative. If you mean "fighting spirit" then ASV pretty much takes the crown. But if you're alluding to fighting tendencies, then you've gotta give it to JenCap in her prime. Her thuggish strain runs deep. Deeper, in fact, then the Compton-ites' (remember how she always used to give serena cramps?). Every match of Jen's resembled a street fight. Complete with the occasional stare down.

smarties
May 3rd, 2004, 11:32 PM
Elena Dementieva

charmedRic
May 3rd, 2004, 11:48 PM
JenJen, Reena, Vee, ASV

*JR*
May 4th, 2004, 12:49 AM
One Suissie Would Win (inc. 5 Slams) by crafting, then fighting every point, till she was just totally surpassed by the Big Babes. So She was combative in that sense. Another Suissie would rip someone's head off (be it an opponent, an official, a journalist, a poster on this board) :eek: if she could, so I guess she's combative, too! :lol:

VRULES
May 4th, 2004, 01:05 AM
As far as being fiesty I would agree with ASV, as far as metality never lose, and go down swinging definitely Serena, she won't ever change her game (doesn't usually need to), and Venus. They never think they will lose, and are always running and playing hard until the last point (i.e. Venus def. Justine at Amelie Island. Justine faltered but it wasn't without reason. ANd Venus pushed Justine to do it and she couldn't and Vee did.)

VeNuS#1LoVa
May 4th, 2004, 01:55 AM
Monica, Venus, Hingis, Serena, Jennifer, Steffi, Arantxa, there are so many great fighters out there!

Hingiswinsthis
May 4th, 2004, 02:06 AM
Jen and Serena, its good old boxing match every time they play:) I just love it....

Hingiswinsthis
May 4th, 2004, 02:06 AM
oh yea, miss NNHardenne:kiss:

fammmmedspin
May 4th, 2004, 02:12 AM
Depends on what you mean by combative. If you mean "fighting spirit" then ASV pretty much takes the crown. But if you're alluding to fighting tendencies, then you've gotta give it to JenCap in her prime. Her thuggish strain runs deep. Deeper, in fact, then the Compton-ites' (remember how she always used to give serena cramps?). Every match of Jen's resembled a street fight. Complete with the occasional stare down.
Good point. the USO v Monica and the Olympic final v Graf (the long, long game) proved that at an early age.

faboozadoo15
May 4th, 2004, 03:09 AM
monica seles and serena williams are standouts...
as is jennifer and asv and venus
and now dementieva-- on thing-- she doesn't stop fighting-- if only she could be more consistent to where she plays her best a couple tournaments a year... also sharapova

who needs to find their combativeness- dokic and hantuchova-- way too far down in the ranks for how much talent they have.

can you imagine roger federer with the competitive spirit of monica or serena?
do i smell something burning?

davenport_1
May 4th, 2004, 04:52 AM
ASV was like a little bulldog. I loved her and I am so happy she is playing again.

Chunchun
May 4th, 2004, 04:55 AM
combative
what does it mean??

SpikeyAidanm
May 4th, 2004, 04:58 AM
Dementieva reminds me of a combater with her style.

tennisjunky
May 4th, 2004, 05:25 AM
SERENA, MONICA, JENNIFER, and CHANDA these four girls live and die by, "it aint over till its over".

I better not see the name Dokic on anyones list!!!!!!!!!!!

Philbo
May 4th, 2004, 06:24 AM
isnt that just a list of your favourites?? lol

tennisjunky
May 4th, 2004, 07:33 AM
isnt that just a list of your favourites?? lol
yes and no.

to come up with a list of players who are most combative on court, you first have to define combative. i defined combative as players who show a fighting spirit on court. the players who never give up and always look as though they are ready to battle, no matter what the score or the circumstances. I admit that Serena didnt always used to be great in that category but once she turned the corner she never looked back and now of days shes the best example of a player with a fighting spirit, or combative type of attitude on court.

jennifer and monica are also known for that so thats why i included them. and chanda, moreso than any other player will NEVER give up, she may not have the results but she definitely has the heart. i shouldnt have left off justine because we all know shell do whatever it takes to get the win and between serena and justine you probably have the tours' two most combative players out there right now.

*abby*
May 4th, 2004, 08:29 AM
jennifer she has the biggest fighting spirit

dreamgoddess099
May 4th, 2004, 10:01 AM
I say Justine. She'll do anything, (and I do mean Anytihng) to win. But hey, believe it or not, some people admire that sort of thing.

7~LV3
May 4th, 2004, 06:47 PM
ms Venus(esp. Wimbledon 03)-Justine Henin-Hardenne-Monica Seles

sarza
May 4th, 2004, 06:51 PM
I say Justine. She'll do anything, (and I do mean Anytihng) to win. But hey, believe it or not, some people admire that sort of thing.

oh i totally agree with you

SerenaSlam
May 4th, 2004, 07:04 PM
i cannot agree only b/c it seems when jennifer gets to acting like that, if someone dishes it back to her she quites up or doesn't give any type of response. Like when venus gave her the stare down. Venus really put ms. jenn jenn in her place. and that was that. i love watching that. to me jen makes it seem like she in fact is "bad' but i think if someone confronted her, she would break down or what not. I thinks he is Frontin basically.