PDA

View Full Version : Farina Elia, Schiavone OUT of Berlin

lizchris
May 3rd, 2004, 08:13 PM
Silvia Farina Elia withdrew with a left abductor strain and was replaced in the draw by lucky loser Katrina Srebotnik. Because she was seeded 12th, Maria Sharapova, who was unseeded, will now be seeded 17

Francesca Schiavone also withdrew with an injury (right thigh strain). She was replaced in the draw by lucky loser Julia Vakulenko, who will play Petra Mandula tomorrow.

spiceboy
May 3rd, 2004, 08:19 PM
What happened to Marion Bartoli? :confused: :confused:

She was supposed to be the 2nd LL...maybe she didn't signed up and she probably has left Berlin :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lizchris
May 3rd, 2004, 08:25 PM
What happened to Marion Bartoli? :confused: :confused:

She was supposed to be the 2nd LL...maybe she didn't signed up and she probably has left Berlin :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I don't know.

If she was suppoed to play doubles with Eleni Daniilidou, then I can see why she isn't playing because that doubles team withdrew, which would explain why Judy is playing tomorrow.

SilviaFan
May 3rd, 2004, 08:29 PM
Silvia, please come back soon !!!!! :crying2:

TatiAnnahølic
May 3rd, 2004, 08:31 PM
:lol: @ Judy... it's Julia ;)

lizchris
May 3rd, 2004, 08:34 PM
:lol: @ Judy... it's Julia ;)
Judy or Julia, what's the difference?:rolleyes:

lizchris
May 3rd, 2004, 08:35 PM
Actually, there is a difference. Julie or Julia can be interchanged.

GoSandrine
May 3rd, 2004, 08:44 PM
They're both tired. :yawn:

I'm sure they'll be fine for Rome. ;)

And Brava for winning the Warsaw doubles crown! :yeah: Unfortunately it didn't get much press and there are no photos to be found.:(

SilviaFan
May 3rd, 2004, 08:51 PM
They're both tired. :yawn:

I'm sure they'll be fine for Rome. ;)

And Brava for winning the Warsaw doubles crown! :yeah: Unfortunately it didn't get much press and there are no photos to be found.:(

I hope so, because I got tickets for Strasbourg to see Silvia !! :unsure:

lizchris
May 3rd, 2004, 08:55 PM
That's a pretty mean thing to say about an athlete. I don't really care for Justine because of what she did at last year's FO to Serena and because she accused Lindsay of gamesmanship at a tournament in late 2002, but I don't wish for her to get sick so she cannot play.

GoSandrine
May 3rd, 2004, 08:56 PM
:rolleyes: ok I must ask. Why the negative comment about Francesca? :shrug:

SilviaFan
May 3rd, 2004, 09:00 PM
That's a pretty mean thing to say about an athlete. I don't really care for Justine because of what she did at last year's FO to Serena and because she accused Lindsay of gamesmanship at a tournament in late 2002, but I don't wish for her to get sick so she cannot play.

Yes I agree with you!!

lizchris
May 3rd, 2004, 09:02 PM
Yes I agree with you!!
Thank you.:kiss:

SilviaFan
May 3rd, 2004, 09:04 PM
Thank you.:kiss:

Your'e welcome !!!!! :)