PDA

View Full Version : Kim Clijsters: A comeback in Berlin?

TeeRexx
May 3rd, 2004, 12:16 PM
Kim Clijsters had just payed in the finals of the Aussie Open and won two consecutive Tier titles, when she was struck down with a wrist injury. :sad:

This week, the current #2 player on the tour will attempt to give her wrist its first serious test since the recovery at the German Open and if she and another red hot American play well, she could get a real test in the semis. :eek: :)

This event will be an initital measuring stick as to how the Belgian has recovered and give an initial starting point for her road to Roland Garros.

oddkayla
May 3rd, 2004, 12:19 PM
Its also an opportunity for Venus to start asking top players questions.

Hope both of them reach the semis. It would be a cracker!

ace4lleykim
May 3rd, 2004, 03:48 PM
Yea me too. It should be a great match up if they both reach the semi.:yeah:

Lynx
May 3rd, 2004, 04:04 PM
Their h2h is 5-2 for Venus.

They only played each other once on clay - Hamburg 2002 - and that was 1 of the 2 times Kim could win, but it went to 3 sets: 1-6 6-3 6-4. (The second win of Kim was of course the YEC 2002, when Venus was forced to retire...).

Kim is my gall and I like Venus heaps - so yes, I hope both will do well, would be a good test indeed. :)

Hulet
May 3rd, 2004, 04:15 PM
Their h2h is 5-2 for Venus.

They only played each other once on clay - Hamburg 2002 - and that was 1 of the 2 times Kim could win, but it went to 3 sets: 1-6 6-3 6-4. (The second win of Kim was of course the YEC 2002, when Venus was forced to retire...).

Kim is my gall and I like Venus heaps - so yes, I hope both will do well, would be a good test indeed. :)
I didn't know Kim irritates you so much. :eek: Oh, God, I can't help but be pedantic today. ;)

As for Kim vs Venus, I will worry about that when they reach the semi-final.

hewittrok
May 3rd, 2004, 04:21 PM
Well i just hope good luck to Kim, and maybe just maybe have the confidence to win the French Open.

TeeRexx
May 3rd, 2004, 05:37 PM
With top players slowly coming back on the tour we will once again see good matchups by theses players as well as the wanna-be-the-top-player Russians as well. :)

sarza
May 3rd, 2004, 09:22 PM
cannot wait i think the wta is going to get very intresting :) its been too long without everyone, and i for one cant wait :banana:

hewittrok
May 3rd, 2004, 09:24 PM
cannot wait i think the wta is going to get very intresting :) its been too long without everyone, and i for one cant wait :banana:just dont jinx it.;)

ace4lleykim
May 3rd, 2004, 11:26 PM
Yea when top players are back, the real war will begin. :devil:

TeeRexx
May 3rd, 2004, 11:38 PM
A well trained Jelena can bring about a very interesting 3rd round match. :)

Knizzle
May 3rd, 2004, 11:47 PM
Kim is on an 11 match win streak dating back to the Paris Indoors.

~|Naomi|~
May 4th, 2004, 02:06 AM
It isn't even known if Kim is playing here. There are really mixed reports some say her injury is healed and will play others say she is in pain and hasn't decided:confused: those reports come from the news. So don't get your hopes up for a Venus-Kim semi, although i'd love to see it. There isn't anything about Kim's injury on her site, just that her opponent is Marrero in round 2. Kim had a checkup on the weekend with her doctor in Brussels, but there hasn't been an article or anything on her site about it.

TeeRexx
May 4th, 2004, 03:42 AM
It isn't even known if Kim is playing here. There are really mixed reports some say her injury is healed and will play others say she is in pain and hasn't decided:confused: those reports come from the news. So don't get your hopes up for a Venus-Kim semi, although i'd love to see it. There isn't anything about Kim's injury on her site, just that her opponent is Marrero in round 2. Kim had a checkup on the weekend with her doctor in Brussels, but there hasn't been an article or anything on her site about it.
Conversely, I have not heard that Kim had withdrawn from the Berlin event, as of this time at least.

Lynx
May 4th, 2004, 10:23 AM
I didn't know Kim irritates you so much. :eek: Oh, God, I can't help but be pedantic today. ;)

As for Kim vs Venus, I will worry about that when they reach the semi-final.
The sheer GALL of this Ethiopian guy (gal?) !!

:haha:

Hehe, I really thought "gal" as in "girl" was written that way :o :o :o.

Well, I learned something, thanks :bounce:. I'm always happy when somebody corrects my mistakes :).

Yes, it's too early to worry about Kim vs Venus - but hey, guys and gals can dream, no? :D

Cybelle Darkholme
May 4th, 2004, 01:12 PM
So she is all better now right? Kim wouldn't be playing if her injury was serious.

lizchris
May 4th, 2004, 01:43 PM
She is still wearing a brace and will wear one at the FO.

TeeRexx
May 4th, 2004, 04:51 PM
It is beginning to look like the GO will be a major measuring stick as to how far Kim has rehabed.