PDA

View Full Version : *The Audrey Hepburn Worship Thread*

caramel
May 3rd, 2004, 11:06 AM
Yesterday I rented the movie “Breakfast at Tiffany´s”. I guess I´ve seen it thousands of times already but it always amazes me to see Audrey Hepburn in her role as the “party girl” Holly Golightly. In the movie she looks for a rich man to marry and ends up with a poor guy. (That´s just the way life goes...:o) In my opinion Audrey was and will always be one of the great actresses of all times although she already left us back in 1993. She was full of grace and beauty and with her smile she was definitely able to melt any ice berg easily. She´s my role model and a true inspiration. :worship:

Audrey Kathleen Hepburn-Ruston was born on May 4, 1929 in Brussels, Belgium, that means tomorrow would have been her 75th birthday. Throughout her career she starred in lots of movies and musicals and won several awards including one Academy Award in the category “Best Actress” for her role as Princess Ann in the Paramount Pictures movie from 1953 “Roman Holiday”. For the same role she also received the Golden Globe for "Best Motion Picture Actress – Drama” and the Oscar for "Best Actress In A Leading Role”. She received the Tony Award for Best Dramatic Actress for her role in the musical “Odine” as well as 2 Golden Globes (World Film Favorite – Female and Cecil B. DeMille Award). 1993 Audrey received the Screen Actors Guild Lifetime Achievement Award which was accepted on Audrey's behalf by Julia Roberts and an Emmy for "Outstanding Individual Achievement" - Informational Programming. Additionally, Audrey Hepburn received over fifty other awards and international distinctions for her work in film and later for her humanitarian efforts on behalf of children everywhere as well as her second Oscar (Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award) just a few months after her death.

On January 20, 1993 Audrey died at her home in Tolochenaz, Switzerland but in her fans´ and admirers´ hearts Audrey is still alive. Her spirit will never die and with her great movies that are still being shown on television worldwide and that can be bought on DVD and video tape in stores all over the world she still leaves millions of people in amazement and makes them laugh , cry and hope with her…

Anyway, I´ve started this thread to show my admiration for the great actress Audrey Hepburn and was wondering what you guys think about her. Probably there are even people on this board who like her as much as I do. What are your favorite Audrey movies and pictures? What do you think about the beautiful woman with the gorgeous bambi eyes?

Discuss… (angel)

*JR*
May 3rd, 2004, 12:54 PM
Audrey's humanitarian work for UNICEF was outstanding. :worship: And while she was only the 2nd best actress named Hepburn (no relation to Kate that I'm aware of) Breakfast at Tiffany's even inspired that great song by a group whose name reminds me of Emmanuelle Gagliardi's eyes (Deep Blue Something). IMO, Audrey's "signature role" was as Eliza Doolitle in My Fair Lady.

!<blocparty>!
May 3rd, 2004, 12:57 PM
she was amazing, and beautiful

Ting
May 3rd, 2004, 01:02 PM
Audrey Hepburn is my all time favorite actress! I have been reading a book about her written by her son, she has great personality as well as pretty looks!:worship:

caramel
May 3rd, 2004, 01:09 PM
Audrey's humanitarian work for UNICEF was outstanding. :worship: And while she was only the 2nd best actress named Hepburn (no relation to Kate that I'm aware of) Breakfast at Tiffany's even inspired that great song by a group whose name reminds me of Emmanuelle Gagliardi's eyes (Deep Blue Something). IMO, Audrey's "signature role" was as Eliza Doolitle in My Fair Lady.
Matchbox 20 also did a song called "Breakfast at Tiffany´s".:angel:

caramel
May 3rd, 2004, 01:10 PM
This is one of my fave Audrey pics.
http://www.posterservice.com/bigpics/20138b.jpg

dubro
May 3rd, 2004, 01:17 PM
good one caramel :D

B'fast at Tiffany is the ultraclassic movie.
i've never met a gal who doesent like Holly charachter. (even if its pretty different in th original nove - pls read it-)

anyway, i think this is the way of life any gal dreams: doing nothing all day long, having money for a man who is'nt an husband only coz talkin bout weather .
raaaaa

....and, YES. she was very gorgeous in the movie §:drool: :hearts:

caramel
May 3rd, 2004, 01:43 PM
good one caramel :D

B'fast at Tiffany is the ultraclassic movie.
i've never met a gal who doesent like Holly charachter. (even if its pretty different in th original nove - pls read it-)

anyway, i think this is the way of life any gal dreams: doing nothing all day long, having money for a man who is'nt an husband only coz talkin bout weather .
raaaaa

....and, YES. she was very gorgeous in the movie §:drool: :hearts:
Ok, I´mma read it. ;)

Yeah, Holly and me have lots in common and that´s why I like her character in the movie so much. :devil:

lee station
May 3rd, 2004, 03:26 PM
:worship: :worship: :) :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :D :worship: :worship:
:worship: :worship: :worship: :hearts: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :kiss: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
:worship: :worship: :worship: :wavey: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :D :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship::hearts: :worship: :worship: :worship: :D

caramel
May 4th, 2004, 06:44 AM
I know someone who adores and almost worships Audrey ;)
Who?
*looks around*

caramel
May 4th, 2004, 06:45 AM
:worship: :worship: :) :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :D :worship: :worship:
:worship: :worship: :worship: :hearts: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :kiss: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
:worship: :worship: :worship: :wavey: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :D :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship::hearts: :worship: :worship: :worship: :D
Hehe :angel: :wavey:

peanuts
May 8th, 2004, 12:33 PM
i'm a big of audery hepburn...i've lost count of how many times i've watched breakfast at tiffanys ;) and roman holiday's ending is a real heartbreaker but i loved it :) she was just so full of class and grace..an amazing lady ;) i even watched the TV movie about her...the audrey hepburn story starring jennifer love hewitt...her life is truly inspirational :worship: :) :)

Helen Lawson
May 18th, 2004, 07:49 PM
She was lovely, but my movies were better and I could sing. I'll Cry Tomorrow, Smash-Up the Story of a Woman, I Want to Live!, With a Song in My Heart, and My Foolish Heart beat the pants off of Roman Holiday, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and Wait Until Dark.