PDA

View Full Version : Justine resumes training

per4ever
May 3rd, 2004, 07:35 AM
Justine can start the training from today since her bloodtests were positive :bounce:

source: http://www.henin-hardenne.be

skanky~skanketta
May 3rd, 2004, 08:04 AM
yay!!!!

katrientje
May 3rd, 2004, 08:17 AM
I am soooooo happy!!!!!!!!
Go Justine!!
Hope she'll be able to play Strasbourg!

Lady
May 3rd, 2004, 10:18 AM
I hope she won't be playing Strasbourg, she doesn't need it! ;) Better if she's training during that time.

jenny161185
May 3rd, 2004, 10:25 AM
Great news I hope she plays the for the French but even if she doesnt play at least she's healthy!

Chance
May 3rd, 2004, 10:48 AM
It's great that Justine is back training, hope Justine will be 100% fit and ready by RG.
Btw what type of virus did Justine have?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/3679949.stm
Henin-Hardenne faces battle

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40065000/jpg/_40065327_henin203.jpg Henin-Hardenne had an energy-sapping virus

Justine Henin-Hardenne is still unsure if she will be able to defend her French Open title.

The world number one returns to training on Monday after three weeks off with a virus infection, but will not compete before Paris.

"We still have to be patient for a few more days to know for sure," a statement on her personal website said.

"The last blood tests came out positive and the doctors gave Justine the green light to resume training."

The 21-year-old Belgian withdrew from the Family Circle Cup in Charleston on 12 April, saying that low blood sugar was causing light-headedness.

She will not defend her German Open title in Berlin, which starts on Monday, or play in any tournaments ahead before Roland Garros.

Clijsters returns

"After three weeks of rest, Justine will have to find her rhythm fast and she won't be taking any unnecessary risks," her coach Carlos Rodriguez said.

Henin-Hardenne has played in just one clay-court tournament this year, Amelia Island in Florida, where she lost in the semi-finals.

But she has won four titles, including her first Australian Open, a third Grand Slam title in 12 months. Henin-Hardenne still comfortably heads the world rankings ahead of fellow Belgian Kim Clijsters. Clijsters returns to action at the German Open after being sidelined for a month with a wrist problem.

maryjane
May 3rd, 2004, 10:50 AM
good for her and good for tennis.
i can't wait her recover,kim's and jen's one to be able to see gr8 tennis with williams's sisters.we r going to see great tennis in paris...that's my hope!!!

Sadka
May 3rd, 2004, 10:54 AM
yes!! good news :bounce:

Spunky83
May 3rd, 2004, 10:56 AM
This is good news, very good news. So happy for her. She will rock at the French!

SilviaFan
May 3rd, 2004, 11:03 AM
thats really great news!!! GO GO GO Justine :)

flyingmachine
May 3rd, 2004, 11:12 AM
http://smileys.******************/cat/4/4_1_112.gif GREAT!!!!!!!

Hulet
May 3rd, 2004, 11:50 AM
"We still have to be patient for a few more days to know for sure," a statement on her personal website said.

"The last blood tests came out positive and the doctors gave Justine the green light to resume training."

I am not so sure Justine understood what the result mean; usually, a positive result on a blood test indicates one still have the virus. Or, may be in Belgium the system is the other way around. :confused:

Princess Fiona
May 3rd, 2004, 12:03 PM
Yaaaay!! *cheers* :) Look forward to seeing you back fit and healthy Justine... :)

charmedRic
May 3rd, 2004, 12:13 PM
It was Mononucleosis most likely.

Lady
May 3rd, 2004, 01:19 PM
It was Mononucleosis most likely.

It wasn't! ;)

To eta_psi: about positive results, that was clear to me. The results are good, positive, optimistic. ;) in that sense

kiekeboe
May 3rd, 2004, 01:33 PM
YES :bounce: YES :bounce:

She still need to be careful:) , but can do it!

*JR*
May 3rd, 2004, 01:49 PM
Playing doubles only (in Rome, then resting till RG) could make sense.

Fingon
May 3rd, 2004, 01:53 PM
I am not so sure Justine understood what the result mean; usually, a positive result on a blood test indicates one still have the virus. Or, may be in Belgium the system is the other way around. :confused:
then the doctors didn't understand it because it says they gave her the green light :rolleyes:

Kart
May 3rd, 2004, 01:53 PM
source: http://www.henin-hardenne.be
I like Justine's site, very nice :yeah:.

Smackie
May 3rd, 2004, 02:33 PM

I agree, the English is rather confusing. I think they use positive in the way of 'positively good'. Usually blood tests are to find out if anything is wrong, hence positive result in my dictionary means something shouldn't be there IS there and vice versa.

Just gave me a heart attack seeing the test was positive!

Anyway, I am glad she is alright and slowly resuming her training.

Allez-H
May 3rd, 2004, 02:44 PM
I'm so glad she doing better and resumes the training.Let's just hope she'll be fully fit by the French.
Dang,I missed her sooooooooo much :hug:

per4ever
May 3rd, 2004, 02:56 PM
a test is positive, when the test confirms the thing you're looking for
a test is negative, if it's the opposite ;)

a test for drugs is positive when they find drugs, negative when they didn't find anything
a test to see if someone is healthy, is positive when this is the case...and negative when it's not :)

maximus82
May 3rd, 2004, 05:19 PM
Woo hoo! C'mon and get into top form for Roland Garros Justine...it's the only clay tournament that really matters for you right now...here's hoping I at least get to see you in the final four (or holding the trophy ;-))

morbidangle
May 3rd, 2004, 06:48 PM
C'mon Justine! :bounce:

I hope you play the French Open. ( and win ofcourse :kiss: )

Foot_Fault
May 3rd, 2004, 06:54 PM
a test is positive, when the test confirms the thing you're looking for
a test is negative, if it's the opposite ;)

a test for drugs is positive when they find drugs, negative when they didn't find anything
a test to see if someone is healthy, is positive when this is the case...and negative when it's not :)
All that being understood, what most on this board are trying to say....the Verbage is off. When it pretains to BLOOD...POSITIVE is NOT A GOOD THING! Negative is cool.

But the author fail to state it correctly and that she is Simply stated good to go, and blood test came back negative which is a postive "outlook" for Justine to continue training.:)

fleemke³
May 3rd, 2004, 07:11 PM
YES :bounce::bounce:

DeDe4925
May 3rd, 2004, 07:30 PM
Where's Cool Canuck to bitch about this thread not being in the player's forum?