PDA

View Full Version : venus at RG

Gowza
May 3rd, 2004, 07:19 AM
she has had some poor/unexpected losses on clay and at RG but she has started to find some form again. will she do well at RG or have one of those unexpected losses?

vs1
May 3rd, 2004, 07:23 AM
Well, then again, this is tennis and anything can happen. RIGHT NOW, Venus is one of the best of the players who are out there competing. RG is weeks away and we must hope that all the girls become or remain healthy.

I think that Venus can go far in RG if her present form continues to evolve. I am hopeful that it will. As long as she doesn't have a hot, hot player in her 1st or 2nd round, I think she'll be fine. Venus gets better as the tournament progresses. By the 3rd round, she is usually worked into a pretty good rhythm. At the most recent AO, she lost early, but then again, it was her first tourney back...and look how long it really did take for her to come back and find her form. I think RG will be a bit different.

I'm hoping that Venus can go all the way. We shall see. Good luck to her. Good luck to all of the other girls on the tour as well! :)

Stamp Paid
May 3rd, 2004, 07:36 AM
I'm infinitely optimistic about Venus at Roland Garros b/c Serena, Justine, and Kim just won't have her clay court preparation.