PDA

View Full Version : Has Kuzunetsova pretty much confirmed the most improve player of the year?

GoGoMaggie
May 3rd, 2004, 03:38 AM
So far this year, no other player deserves the award then Sveta and don't see anyone catching to her any time too soon. I think it's fair to say she has it in her hands now, although we still have half a season left.

Volcana
May 3rd, 2004, 03:39 AM
Year ain't over. Wait til Petrova and Sharapova get on cement. And Sprem is #19 in the Porsche race, coming from WAY off the pace.

GoGoMaggie
May 3rd, 2004, 03:42 AM
Am I the only one thinking Sperm is hugely overrated?

Volcana
May 3rd, 2004, 03:57 AM
She IS having a good 2004. But her current ranking translates into making the third round at slam. If you figure she's about that good, no, she's not overrated. She's not winning anything this year. Well anything important. But her fans have every right to be pleased and excited about her progress.

BK4ever
May 3rd, 2004, 04:01 AM

HER NAME IS SPREM :rolleyes: :mad:

Gowza
May 3rd, 2004, 05:18 AM
the year isnt over yet, a lot of the russians have the potential to catch her. zvonareva, petrova, sharapova, safina, krasnoroutskaya, douchevina, kirilenko. they all have heaps of talent. some of them arent ready imo (kirilenko, douchevina, safina) but some of them could really push kuzie for the award and sprem also has a lot of potential she could suddenly have a run.

harloo
May 3rd, 2004, 05:31 AM
Svelta is very good, and so far this year she has been impressive. I really do feel it's out of her and Sharapova. All Svelta needs to do is work on consistency, and her fitness.

Sharapova is really good for her age. I think she will be one to watch out for once she is able to play more tournaments.:)

flyingmachine
May 3rd, 2004, 06:03 AM
So far yes, she has very impressive so far. I think she is a very good all round player yet still many things to improve (i.e. she hasn't got a special weapon to beat the top players.) and there is a long to go before the end of the season so really it's better to wait and see.

Gowza
May 3rd, 2004, 06:14 AM
So far yes, she has very impressive so far. I think she is a very good all round player yet still many things to improve (i.e. she hasn't got a special weapon to beat the top players.) and there is a long to go before the end of the season so really it's better to wait and see.
actually she has a pretty big forehand which could give the top players some trouble.

charmedRic
May 3rd, 2004, 10:26 AM
So Far, So Good for Kuznetsova. As for the rest of the year, people people, just sit tight and enjoy the show. ;)

servenrichie
May 3rd, 2004, 11:11 AM
Well going by some people on this board, she is not a tough player, even though she trashed the number 1 player some weeks ago:shrug:

flyingmachine
May 3rd, 2004, 11:14 AM
I think she's quite tough by "Russian" standard. ;)
but not yet as tough as our "BELGIUM TOUGH BALL" or the Williams sisters.

Spunky83
May 3rd, 2004, 11:16 AM
I donīt know but I really think that Kuznetsova is the only russian (besides Myskina and maybe Zvonareva) who really has the guts to be a top player. I mean thereīs no doubt that top 30-tennis will be dominated by russians very soon, but I donīt think that players like Sharapova or Krasnoroutskaya will ever make it into the top 5.

Good luck to Kuznetsova and Anastasia!!!

croat123
May 3rd, 2004, 12:26 PM
after rg last year, kostanic was 118th
now she is about to break into the top40

also, k-lina still hasn't played on red clay. expect her to do really good on it!!

php1
May 3rd, 2004, 01:35 PM
Kuz can barely hold her serve against lesser ranked girls.
She definitely isn't good enough to reach the semis of the slams this year either.