PDA

View Full Version : The German Open: Time for Capriati to show she still has what it takes

TeeRexx
May 2nd, 2004, 11:34 PM
Jennifer Capriati is going into the German Open this week and so far, this year, she has played in four tournaments and has only won more than one match on one occassion in any of those events. :eek:

She did have a minor injury, but she seems to have lost her spirit and desire to properly train since her loss to Hardene in last year's U.S. Open.

Maybe she has used the last few weeks to diet, eliminate the parties and properly workout to prepare herself for this event and the rest of the year, in what will very may be her last season on the pro tour. :angel:

Hulet
May 2nd, 2004, 11:37 PM
Capriati has shown she still have TeeRexx as a dedicated fan - surely, everything else is a bonus. ;)

GermanBoy
May 3rd, 2004, 12:13 AM
Jen still has what it takes! No question about that! :hearts:

VeNuS#1LoVa
May 3rd, 2004, 01:47 AM
VAMOS JENN!

Show 'em you got what it takes!

Martian Willow
May 3rd, 2004, 01:59 AM
Jennifer Capriati is going into the German Open this week and so far, this year, she has played in four tournaments and has only won more than one match on one occassion in any of those events. :eek:

She did have a minor injury, but she seems to have lost her spirit and desire to properly train since her loss to Hardene in last year's U.S. Open.

Maybe she has used the last few weeks to diet, eliminate the parties and properly workout to prepare herself for this event and the rest of the year, in what will very may be her last season on the pro tour. :angel:

...omg I can't believe you said that...you are so disrespectful...you must be so bitter...&c...&c... :)

tennisIlove09
May 3rd, 2004, 02:00 AM
I hope Jen can win. Venus is finally back; Serena came back in Miami...it's time for Jennifer to return.

Come on girl!

TeeRexx
May 3rd, 2004, 02:30 AM
...omg I can't believe you said that...you are so disrespectful...you must be so bitter...&c...&c... :)
Disrespectful?:confused: That is her actual 2004 record. Also, Jenn is or will be about 28 this year and I just can not see her playing until she is 32 or or 47 like Nav.:angel:

cometz9
May 3rd, 2004, 04:03 AM
Cmon Jen:hearts: Play Your Best!!!

SerialKiller#69
May 3rd, 2004, 05:48 AM
This TeeRexx, I swear it must be a Williams fan. It's so typical of them to disrespect.:dance:

DannerCal
May 3rd, 2004, 06:08 AM
#1 Her injury was not minor, and it actually is a condition that she will live with.

#2. She has been working hard on her fitness.

#3. Motivation: She has been working with different coaches to try and find the right match for her. For the last few weeks she has been working with Steffi's old coach - and he will be with her at this event.

#4. Last year? Jennifer has not said that this is her last year.

#5. Prove? She has nothing to prove to anyone (but maybe to herself).
If she quits today, she will go down as a legend.

maryjane
May 3rd, 2004, 07:03 AM
give her time.

Yonge
May 3rd, 2004, 10:43 AM
give her time.

Yes I agree. If anyone on the tour knows how to comeback, it's Jen.

Goodluck JCap! :)

jenny161185
May 3rd, 2004, 11:25 AM
minor injury? oh please give her a break - youv e always been slightly obsessed with Jen .

ASV_FAN
May 3rd, 2004, 11:28 AM
As a Jenn fan I hate not seeing her win all the time like recent years but I think that US OPEN loss hit her incredibly hard. But she's one of the best at bouncing back and I'm sure she just needs a couple of good showings under her belt and she'll be rising back to her best.

oddkayla
May 3rd, 2004, 12:49 PM
While I may not always agree with Tee Rexx, I dont see how he has been disrespectful to Jennifer.

All he is saying is that this MIGHT BE Jen's last season on tour. He is just speculating and offering his opinion just like everyone on this board. Please lighten up. Jen does not need to prove anything to anyone, but the reason she is still playing is that she believes she has what it takes. Just has to show it because ever since that crushing defeat at the US Open, the heartbreak and the injuries have conspired against her.

jenny161185
May 3rd, 2004, 03:04 PM
I think everyone was annoyed when he said she had a minor injury , more like an injury which forced her to consider retirement and hindered her practicing for months

*abby*
May 3rd, 2004, 03:38 PM
jenny has said that she would like to be playing into her 30's which gives her at least 2 more years if her back holds out god willing.and speaking of her back i would hardly call a degenerative back condition a minor injury i think u need to read a medical dictionary mate u will see that for an athlete it is serious
jenny has nothin to prove to anyone least of all you!!

CapFan#1
May 3rd, 2004, 03:44 PM
Couple of things here...

As everyone has said, Jen had a major, near career ending injury (degenerative disk problem in her back). It has made it very difficult to train, but she has finally turned that corner, and is in better shape than last year.

People need to stop mentioning the USOpen loss to Hard-on every 2 minutes. Jen fell off a bit in the Fall tourneys last year afterwards, but then rebounded and reached the SF at the YEC. (Where she nearly beat Kimmie, if it wasnt for that damn back injury). Jen has moved on from that loss, everyone else needs to.

Jen OBVIOUSLY has the motivation and the desire still, as evident in her trying of new coaches, and looking to find the right coach to help her. Everyone on this board has been bitching non stop for 2 years about how Jen needs to dump Stephano, and get a real coach. Now she has, and she isn't motivated???? LOL!! Whatever... no matter what she does, she cant get a break.........

Jen will be just fine...... She has nothing to prove to anybody but herself at this point. She's had a really bad injury and it is taking her a little time to come back, just like it took Venus a few tourneys to get back to playing form (TeeRexx, being a huge Venus fan, I would think you could understand what that is all about....). If doesnt happen for Jen during the clay season, I'm sure she'll be in the swing of things by the summer hard court season......

*abby*
May 3rd, 2004, 03:48 PM
or by wimbledon when i will see her :bounce:

jacobruiz
May 3rd, 2004, 04:08 PM
GREAT POST, CapFan#1:worship:

IF Jenny's back can completely heal, we know she's got the talent and desire to be a top contender again.

We're with you, Jen!!!:bounce::hearts:

Hulet
May 3rd, 2004, 04:18 PM
Yup, good post, CapFan but I am afraid reason will be lost on TeeRexx when it comes to Jenn.

TeeRexx
May 3rd, 2004, 05:50 PM
Yup, good post, CapFan but I am afraid reason will be lost on TeeRexx when it comes to Jenn.
My, what a nasty little statement that was, my Greek letter friend.:kiss:

However, in respose to several allegations, will some of you please post, in this thread, the quote and URL where Capriati said that the back injury was major and that that she was considering retiring as a result of that injury.
I did not see that statement by her on any tennis news site.

Capriati may retire early, but not from an injury, but from being weary of this 25 year tennis odessey that she has been enduring.

griffin
May 3rd, 2004, 06:04 PM

and that whooshing you hear is the sound of a joke flying over someone's head ;)

jacobruiz
May 3rd, 2004, 06:10 PM
My, what a nasty little statement that was, my Greek letter friend.:kiss:

However, in respose to several allegations, will some of you please post, in this thread, the quote and URL where Capriati said that the back injury was major and that that she was considering retiring as a result of that injury.
I did not see that statement by her on any tennis news site.

Capriati may retire early, but not from an injury, but from being weary of this 25 year tennis odessey that she has been enduring.
How can we find a quote and URL about Jenny considering retirement when you seem to be the only one in this thread who believes she may retire?:confused:

As to Eta psi's post, maybe she was reading this board back when you used to post hate threads about Jenny on almost a daily basis.

davenport_1
May 3rd, 2004, 06:25 PM
in what will very may be her last season on the pro tour. :angel:

ok......you suck lol

TeeRexx
May 3rd, 2004, 06:26 PM
How can we find a quote and URL about Jenny considering retirement when you seem to be the only one in this thread who believes she may retire?:confused:

As to Eta psi's post, maybe she was reading (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=97,21246650,wtaworld.com,1) this board back when you used to post hate threads about Jenny on almost a daily basis.
How about the quote and URL on the severity of the injury? :confused:

As to eta, I never posted daily on Cap, just weekly, maybe. :eek: :lol:

CapFan#1
May 3rd, 2004, 06:51 PM
Sorry, Tee, but I'm not gonna do the work for you..... Try google......While you were away from the board, there were many posts, with interviews with Jenn (esp. around the time of Dubai/Doha), in which she stated she feared that her back might not get better, and that she might have to retire, and she felt like she wasnt ready to do that yet....

TeeRexx
May 3rd, 2004, 07:00 PM
Sorry, Tee, but I'm not gonna do the work for you..... Try google......While you were away from the board, there were many posts, with interviews with Jenn (esp. around the time of Dubai/Doha), in which she stated she feared that her back might not get better, and that she might have to retire, and she felt like she wasnt ready to do that yet....
Come on, do some research so that you can prove me wrong.
I'll wait, buddy. :cool:

Bye. :wavey:

*abby*
May 3rd, 2004, 07:35 PM
it is true otherwise we wouldnt be saying it
i will try find u a quote or something but please bear in mind my 3 pieces of coursework and my life!!!

TeeRexx
May 3rd, 2004, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE=*abby*]it is true otherwise we wouldnt be saying it
i will try find u a quote or something but please bear in mind my 3 pieces of coursework and my life!!![ (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=622,21246650,wtaworld.com,1)/QUOTE]

No excuses now. Just start Googling!:eek: :lol:

CapFan#1
May 3rd, 2004, 08:12 PM
Come on, do some research so that you can prove me wrong.
I'll wait, buddy. :cool:

Bye. :wavey:
Alright you little bugger (JK):wavey: here you go.......

sify.com/sports/tennis/fu...d=13399326 (http://sify.com/sports/tennis/fullstory.php?id=13399326)

read it and weep......:bounce:

Mase
May 3rd, 2004, 08:13 PM
Alright you little bugger (JK):wavey: here you go.......

sify.com/sports/tennis/fu...d=13399326 (http://sify.com/sports/tennis/fullstory.php?id=13399326)

read it and weep......:bounce:
I was looking some kind of hard for that as well, hahahaha. Good work CapFan, good work.... :haha:

*abby*
May 3rd, 2004, 08:39 PM
as exactly what i was lookin for good work!!!
SUCK IT!!!
get well soon Jenny

SelesFan70
May 3rd, 2004, 08:43 PM
Tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...tick... :sad:

I know how it feels to have your favorite player injured and questionable for a comeback. :sad:

lizchris
May 3rd, 2004, 08:49 PM
I don't know if she has anything to prove, but she has quite a few ponts to defend en route to the summer hardcourt season:

Berlin - SF
Rome - QF
Roland Garros - 4th round
Eastbourne - SF
Wimbeldon - QF

Just this week, if she fails to defend her Berlin points and Venus, who is red hot right now, can get past the 3rd round, Venus will replace her in the top ten.

Jennifer's wife
May 3rd, 2004, 09:30 PM
hmmm....no reply from teerex now he has been proved wrong? im assuming teerex is male just from the general gratuitous ****ishness in his posts and apologising to the rest of the decent males around here! ;)

CapFan#1
May 3rd, 2004, 09:34 PM
I don't know if she has anything to prove, but she has quite a few ponts to defend en route to the summer harcourt season:

Berlin - QF or SF
Rome - QF
Roland Garros - 4th round
Eastbourne - SF
Wimbeldon - QF

Just this week, if she fails to defend her Berlin points and Venus, who is red hot right now, can get past the 3rd round, Venus will replace her in the top ten.
Im sure Jen is just happy to be able to play tennis. If she falls into the Top 15, so what! Big Deal!! Venus fell to #17-19 for a couple of weeks there, but she's on her way back up (GO VEE:bounce:) just as Jen will rebound as well

lizchris
May 3rd, 2004, 09:37 PM
Im sure Jen is just happy to be able to play tennis. If she falls into the Top 15, so what! Big Deal!! Venus fell to #17-19 for a couple of weeks there, but she's on her way back up (GO VEE:bounce:) just as Jen will rebound as well
Venus never fell lower than 17.

She's back up because she has recovered fro her injuries but she has improved on her QF results she had earlier in the year.

DA FOREHAND
May 3rd, 2004, 09:44 PM
#1 Her injury was not minor, and it actually is a condition that she will live with.

#2. She has been working hard on her fitness.

#3. Motivation: She has been working with different coaches to try and find the right match for her. For the last few weeks she has been working with Steffi's old coach - and he will be with her at this event.

#4. Last year? Jennifer has not said that this is her last year.

#5. Prove? She has nothing to prove to anyone (but maybe to herself).
If she quits today, she will go down as a legend.
I like Jenn and all and wish her the best but "legend" I mean i'm sure she'll make the hall on name recognition alone...but i think the term legend...much like supermodel is tossed about too lightly.

anyway

goodluck Jenn

CapFan#1
May 3rd, 2004, 09:59 PM
I like Jenn and all and wish her the best but "legend" I mean i'm sure she'll make the hall on name recognition alone...but i think the term legend...much like supermodel is tossed about too lightly.

anyway

goodluck Jenn
3 time slam champ, world #1, greatest comeback story in sports in the last couple of decades.....all equals LEGEND. Her story is remarkable, and anything she does now, is just icing on the cake

Ballbuster
May 3rd, 2004, 10:04 PM
3 time slam champ, world #1, greatest comeback story in sports in the last couple of decades.....all equals LEGEND. Her story is remarkable, and anything she does now, is just icing on the cake

She used to be my Favorite Nemises to root against. Now, I feel sorry for her.

I hope she regains form and get back into contention. The tour needs all it can get.

DA FOREHAND
May 3rd, 2004, 10:04 PM

Greatest comeback story in history of sports? Okey dokey...pass the dutch.

With all due respect...she self destructed, and turned her life around, no car crash, no crazed fan stabbing her, no life threatning illness. 3 slams and 15 titles overall...Next thing you know they'll be building shrines to ASV.

*abby*
May 3rd, 2004, 10:10 PM
id love to see you come back from the same in the media spot light at the age of 16 with every newspaper and reporter wanting to know every bit of ur business going in and out of rehab people criticising you everywhere!

CapFan#1
May 3rd, 2004, 10:17 PM
Greatest comeback story in history of sports? Okey dokey...pass the dutch.

With all due respect...she self destructed, and turned her life around, no car crash, no crazed fan stabbing her, no life threatning illness. 3 slams and 15 titles overall...Next thing you know they'll be building shrines to ASV.

It is harder to overcome one's self than outside inhibitants, not to take away from those struggles. I didnt say the history of sports, I said in the last couple of decades. And in Spain, they do have shrines for ASV, and why not she is a tennis legend there.....

TeeRexx
May 3rd, 2004, 11:30 PM
3 time slam champ, world #1, greatest comeback story in sports in the last couple of decades.....all equals LEGEND. Her story is remarkable, and anything she does now, is just icing on the cakeGreatest comeback in 20 years? Her story is remarkable?:confused: :rolleyes:

Well, I, er, OK.:tape: :)

Rub
May 4th, 2004, 02:13 AM
:confused:

TeeRexx
May 4th, 2004, 06:24 AM
Her frst match is on Tuesday and there will be some to prove even in that 1st round match.

gourownway
May 4th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Her frst match is on Tuesday and there will be some to prove even in that 1st round match.
Gee, guess she proved it.:p

DannerCal
May 4th, 2004, 08:52 PM
She proved it convicingly. How about some kudos TexRexx?

bigshow21
May 4th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Jennifer Capriatit is the greatest tennis player to ever play the game!!!!! :worship: :worship:

Her back injury is a major one. I hurt my back about 2 months ago and it will never fully heal after that (i was excited when i hurt it cuz then i felt like i was like jen lol). and her injury is way worse than mine. But she is strengthening it and getting used to playing with a sore back.

Plus age doesnt mean anything. She could be 94 years old and still be playing and kicking ass. This will NOT be her last year! She is in great shape and playing form.

Go and kick some more ass jen!!!!!

TeeRexx
May 5th, 2004, 12:55 AM
She proved it convicingly. How about some kudos TexRexx?
"Ok, here you go, Cap." * Tee hands Cappy two foil wrapped Kudos * :devil:

Good win, Capper, now go and win one more.;)

hollywood7172
May 5th, 2004, 02:13 AM
you're not only a loser teerexx, but an uneducated, classless, narrow-minded, immature, and racist loser at that.

yes racist. don't even think that just because you deleted that thread about davenport and chinese food that i will forget about it.

go and make your williams threads, instead of dragging the quality of this board down with your useless jen threads. please.

TeeRexx
May 5th, 2004, 07:05 AM
you're not only a loser teerexx, but an uneducated, classless, narrow-minded, immature, and racist loser at that.

yes racist. don't even think that just because you deleted that thread about davenport and chinese food that i will forget about it.

go and make your williams threads, instead of dragging the quality of this board down with your useless jen threads. please.wrong on several counts:

1. I am a winne (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=73,21246650,wtaworld.com,0)r
2. I am college (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=646,21246650,wtaworld.com,1) educated
3. I am very classy
4. I am open minded
5. I am very mature
6. I have no desire nor am I in the position of power to be a racist.

And that was a funny picture of Davey as well. :p

Aerien
May 5th, 2004, 08:19 AM
And that was a funny picture of Davey as well. :p
Speaking of funny.......
This was Jen during the match against Schruff. :o
Jen what are you thinking?

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040504/capt.sber11105041717.german_open_sber111.jpg

TeeRexx
May 7th, 2004, 01:13 AM
It was reported that USTA officials submitted Capriati's racket strings to substance test on Thursday. Surprisingly, the test came up negative. :)

MistyGrey
May 15th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Why is Jen licking her racket! :eek:

Good going Jen! started playing better at The German open, got her groove back at The Italian Open, now I hope she does well at the French Open.:bounce: