PDA

View Full Version : Is ESPN broadcasting the German or Italian Open?

MarkyMark
May 3rd, 2004, 12:13 AM
Does anyone know if ESPN will be showing any coverage from these tournies?? GO JCAP!!!!

Foot_Fault
May 3rd, 2004, 12:16 AM
Does anyone know if ESPN will be showing any coverage from these tournies?? GO JCAP!!!!
Don't know about that, i saw them Broadcast it on the Tennis Channel today, so i am sure they will have it.

Knizzle
May 3rd, 2004, 12:16 AM
Nope. The Tennis Channel is supposed to have some of it though.

Andrew.
May 3rd, 2004, 12:47 AM
ESPN is a non-tennis broadcast channel until Roland Garros. Viva cheap ass programmers.

alwayshingis
May 3rd, 2004, 02:08 AM

See those tournaments take place in some far off land called Europe. American television knows of no such place.

PatM04
May 3rd, 2004, 02:12 AM
See those tournaments take place in some far off land called Europe. American television knows of no such place.
LOL! So true:lol:

MisterQ
May 3rd, 2004, 02:14 AM
Europe? :confused: Is that somewhere near Australia? ;)

tennisIlove09
May 3rd, 2004, 02:21 AM
Why isn't ESPN showing anything? they normally do. I wonder if ESPN had to cut back their already limited schedule because of the Tennis Channel.

Martian Jeza
May 3rd, 2004, 02:21 AM
ZDF-ARD will show the German one, I think or Am I wrong ?

Deira
May 3rd, 2004, 04:12 AM
Hope springs eternal ;)

Rolling-Thunder
May 3rd, 2004, 04:14 AM
I'm starting to love the Tennis CHannel; I guess my cable bill is worth something...

esquímaux
May 3rd, 2004, 04:21 AM
Europe? :confused: Is that somewhere near Australia? ;)
No no, it's out there in the Pacific :p

Rocketta
May 3rd, 2004, 04:23 AM
I think the tennis channel is going to show the semi's and finals like they did for Warsaw.

Volcana
May 3rd, 2004, 04:54 AM
Not counting London and Paris, but I agree with you.

SelesFan70
May 3rd, 2004, 05:12 AM
Yep...The Tennis Channel is gonna start coverage May 8th...for the semifinals.

How do y'all like Katrina Adams as a commentator. I find her to be wish-washy and changing her opinion as the match goes on! :o

Rtael
May 3rd, 2004, 05:30 AM
Katrina is soooo boring! :p

Jarrett
May 3rd, 2004, 05:36 AM
Katrina is a little annoying. Bring back Corina, she sounded just like Monica for Fed Cup.

croat123
May 3rd, 2004, 01:35 PM
No no, it's out there in the Pacific :p
wait a minute...

isn't that iraq place in europe :confused:

;)

DUNEMAN
May 3rd, 2004, 02:38 PM
wait a minute...

isn't that iraq place in europe :confused:

;)

:confused: Ahh, come on you guys, everyone knows, Europe is that place with the canal running down the middle. :wavey:

Knizzle
May 3rd, 2004, 05:06 PM
ESPN used to show Berlin and Rome, but they gave them up to cover Wimbledon. It has nothing to do with neglecting European countries.

lizchris
May 3rd, 2004, 05:26 PM
Knizzle is correct. When ESPN acquired the rights to Wimbeldon, they had to give up something and that was the only thing to give up. In addition, they are covering North America summer hardcourt tournaments so that leaves not only the European claycourt season out, but also the fall indoor season.

Linnie
May 3rd, 2004, 05:36 PM
Katrina is soooo boring! :pOhhhh, to be so bored! :tears: