PDA

View Full Version : Does Vera Zvonareva cry every time she loses a match?

V-MAC
May 2nd, 2004, 06:50 PM
I was watching the semi-final between vera and venus on eurosport yesterday and I noticed that right after venus won the match,vera seemed to burst into tears ( the match wasn't exactly wimbledon semi-final 2000) :o :rolleyes: I mean get real vera, as if you thought you really had a chance of winning yesterday. anyway i just thought it was a very immature way to act.

vs1
May 2nd, 2004, 06:55 PM
Hey, Vera is emotional and she's young. She probably DID think that she had a chance to win and she gave it her all. Maybe it was just pent up emotion from the week, maybe it was from the one match.

Can't we just let players be?! If she cries, she cries. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. ;)

Rocketta
May 2nd, 2004, 07:07 PM
Hey I didn't see that....:scratch: Man, I'm going to watch that match again....

I mean maybe Vera wears her emotions on her sleeve? That's who she is right now. Maybe as she gets older she will change or maybe not. It's her choice. Maybe the emotion works for her the majority of the time? Maybe she got something in her eye. I know that makes me cry. :(

V-MAC
May 2nd, 2004, 07:14 PM
well she certianly got an EYEful of blistering forehand and backhand winners whizzing past her yesterday

sarza
May 2nd, 2004, 07:26 PM
Hey, Vera is emotional and she's young. She probably DID think that she had a chance to win and she gave it her all. Maybe it was just pent up emotion from the week, maybe it was from the one match.

Can't we just let players be?! If she cries, she cries. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. ;)

i agree i think she did feel she had a huge chance and it would have been a huge win for her,i think perhaps she thought she let herself down.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
May 3rd, 2004, 12:25 AM
Everytime I have seen Vera play, she always cries when she loses.

It's odd, because even if it's a blowout she cries.

Foot_Fault
May 3rd, 2004, 12:26 AM
I didn't notice that..got to see that again.

Kart
May 3rd, 2004, 12:29 AM
Maybe she got something in her eye. I know that makes me cry. :( Me too :bigcry: ;).

Wear some goggles next time Vera :cool:.

Black Mamba.
May 3rd, 2004, 12:45 AM
Vera really wears her emotions on her sleve and that can be a good thing or a bad thing. However, I believe the key to any sport is to never get to amped or two low. If you can stay consistant in your emotions you tend to do better.

TeeRexx
May 3rd, 2004, 12:56 AM
Well, if she is going to stay on the tour and keep playing VENUS & SERENA and the rest of the tour, then we better get used to seeing her bawling quite a few more times. :eek: :lol:

GermanBoy
May 3rd, 2004, 01:09 AM
Wimbledon semi final 2000? :confused: Who cares what Zvonareva does or not? :rolleyes:

Epigone
May 3rd, 2004, 03:05 AM
Vera sometimes cries in matches that she is leading. She cries when she is dissatisfied with how she is playing, and not necessarily because she is being beaten.

- L i n a -
May 3rd, 2004, 03:06 AM
Vera is basically never happy. :crying2:

Volcana
May 3rd, 2004, 03:12 AM
I was watching the semi-final between vera and venus on eurosport yesterday and I noticed that right after venus won the match,vera seemed to burst into tears ( the match wasn't exactly wimbledon semi-final 2000) :o :rolleyes: I mean get real vera, as if you thought you really had a chance of winning yesterday. anyway i just thought it was a very immature way to act.Crying is not a sign of immaturity.

A distain for crying, OTOH, is very much a sign of immaturity. Or at least a lack of emotional development.

- L i n a -
May 3rd, 2004, 03:13 AM
Crying is not a sign of immaturity.

A distain for crying, OTOH, is very much a sign of immaturity. Or at least a lack of emotional development.
Well, it is for Vera.

It's hurting her in her career.

Volcana
May 3rd, 2004, 03:22 AM
Well, it is for Vera.

It's hurting her in her career.How? She doesn't cry DURING matches. It doesn't seem to have a negative effect on her practice or play. She's 19 years old, has already won two WTA tournaments, almost a million dollars in prize money and she's #11 in the world in a very difficult profession.

Forgive me for failing to see the extreme retardation of her career advancement.

- L i n a -
May 3rd, 2004, 03:26 AM
How? She doesn't cry DURING matches. It doesn't seem to have a negative effect on her practice or play. She's 19 years old, has already won two WTA tournaments, almost a million dollars in prize money and she's #11 in the world in a very difficult profession.

Forgive me for failing to see the extreme retardation of her career advancement.
Umm... you must not have watched many of her matches then.

Epigone
May 3rd, 2004, 03:33 AM
She'd be well into the top 10 if she had her head together. Her lack of focus and a decent 1st serve are the two things stopping her from winning the big matches. She is always berating herself, and she does cry during matches :sad:

treufreund
May 3rd, 2004, 05:34 AM
nice post, Volcana :D

SelesFan70
May 3rd, 2004, 05:45 AM
Vera is more...:banghead:....not :sad:

Volcana
May 3rd, 2004, 06:07 AM
Even if she DOES crying during matches, she's progressing faster than every other player her age. It's possible that if she were an uptight, emotionally repressed cypher she wouldn't do as well. People differ.

I admit you might be right. Look how being emotional destroyed John McEnroe's career. And Jennifer Capriati could have won two, even three GS titles if she just could have kept her emotions in check. Oh wait ...

Even Venus Williams, the Queen of Self-Control, has been known to get upset on the court. About the only player I NEVER saw get upset ever on court was the Ice Princess.