PDA

View Full Version : Hey Hingis...

Cam'ron Giles
May 2nd, 2004, 03:38 PM
A few months back you had the balls to use Venus as an excuse why you would never return to the tour...I think part of the quote was..."look at Venus"... Well missy...look at her now...Maybe you will be inspired to come back and play...:o

Knizzle
May 2nd, 2004, 03:40 PM
:haha: :haha:

Knizzle
May 2nd, 2004, 03:41 PM
I'm sure she's really inspired by Venus Tier III wins.
You seem to be.

Martian Willow
May 2nd, 2004, 03:42 PM

...beating Kuznetsowhateva sure proved her wrong... :)

Martian Jeza
May 2nd, 2004, 03:44 PM
Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey Hingis, I wanna know if you'd be my girl...

Cam'ron Giles
May 2nd, 2004, 03:53 PM
Well, the number three player in the world was in the draw of this tier 3 tourney...and she lost...maybe you should have a talk with Momo...:tape:

LindsayRocks89
May 2nd, 2004, 04:00 PM
You seem to be.

:haha: :haha:

Volcana
May 2nd, 2004, 04:02 PM
I'm sure she's really inspired by Venus Tier III wins.Forgive me for missing the joke. Charleston is a Tier I, Warsaw is Tier II. Or were you dissing the quality of the competition? Which, I admit, was on a Moscow/Toray Pan Pacific level.

barmaid
May 2nd, 2004, 04:08 PM
All due credit to Venus for her second tournament victory...however she hasn't come full cycle yet until she can beat a player who is ranked "above" her. Martina was a little too quick to jump on Venus's struggles at the first of the year I'll admit that, and the next time Martina gets behind the mike for a broadcasting stint she should acknowledge Venus's fortitude in sticking with it. Martina's case was different, she, because of injury could not compete at her usual top level...Venus's long layoff was a healing process and although she's exhibited some "nagging" injuries along the way...her game seems headed in the right direction!!:D

barmaid:wavey:

Rocketta
May 2nd, 2004, 04:11 PM
boy don't you just love the disrespect shown to Kuznetsova...and people say Williams fans are disrespectful.. Haha, matter of fact I believe someone in this thread said that about Williams fans and now she/he can't even give Sveta the respect of being a top player. :lol:

Well if this is the example of "respect" for players then give me Williams fans disrespect anyday. :D

servenrichie
May 2nd, 2004, 04:16 PM
All due credit to Venus for her second tournament victory...however she hasn't come full cycle yet until she can beat a player who is ranked "above" her. Martina was a little too quick to jump on Venus's struggles at the first of the year I'll admit that, and the next time Martina gets behind the mike for a broadcasting stint she should acknowledge Venus's fortitude in sticking with it. Martina's case was different, she, because of injury could not compete at her usual top level...Venus's long layoff was a healing process and although she's exhibited some "nagging" injuries along the way...her game seems headed in the right direction!!:D

barmaid:wavey:Sorry, but Martina basically admitted in that interview that the real reason, why she is no more playing was because of the contstant whippings she was receiving, even from the "Russians". Time to leave the injury excuse out of the whole thing:tape: :lol:

SerialKiller#69
May 2nd, 2004, 04:16 PM
:haha:

servenrichie
May 2nd, 2004, 04:18 PM
boy don't you just love the disrespect shown to Kuznetsova...and people say Williams fans are disrespectful.. Haha, matter of fact I believe someone in this thread said that about Williams fans and now she/he can't even give Sveta the respect of being a top player. :lol:

Well if this is the example of "respect" for players then give me Williams fans disrespect anyday. :DThis is horrible. Yet everybody forgets that the so-called top crops actually got there, while Venus was away. What made their wins better? They beat the same players Venus is now beating to get where they are:fiery:

SerialKiller#69
May 2nd, 2004, 04:19 PM

Well if this is the example of "respect" for players then give me Williams fans disrespect anyday. :D
oh puhleeze.no one still beats the Williams fans in that department.they bitch and disrespect almost every known player in the tour - daniela, navratilova, hingis, davenport, capriati, amelie, blah blah blah. so shove your crap and eat it.:p

Cam'ron Giles
May 2nd, 2004, 04:23 PM
oh puhleeze.no one still beats the Williams fans in that department.they bitch and disrespect almost every known player in the tour - daniela, navratilova, hingis, davenport, capriati, amelie, blah blah blah. so shove your crap and eat it.:p
:rolleyes:

servenrichie
May 2nd, 2004, 04:24 PM
oh puhleeze.no one still beats the Williams fans in that department.they bitch and disrespect almost every known player in the tour - daniela, navratilova, hingis, davenport, capriati, amelie, blah blah blah. so shove your crap and eat it.:pWhy this bitter?
Lighten up, Venus just added another title to her list of impressive titles:lol:

Rocketta
May 2nd, 2004, 04:27 PM
oh puhleeze.no one still beats the Williams fans in that department.they bitch and disrespect almost every known player in the tour - daniela, navratilova, hingis, davenport, capriati, amelie, blah blah blah. so shove your crap and eat it.:pYeah and guess what you're no better actually you're worse cause while you're sitting on your throne you're doing the same thing. At least Williams fans don't pretend to care for players they don't care about. Oh don't get me wrong I don't give a rat's ass if you disrespect Kuznetsova.. I say keep up the good work. You're just displaying what I've and many others knew all along. You are full of shit with your indignation and at the first opportunity you are out there disrespecting players to suit your purpose. I really remember a Williams fan called Kuznetsova, Kuzwhatever her name is or something and people were all up in arms and looky looky. The morality police was in here doing the same thing. :hehehe:

Not to mention downgrading two tournaments. I find it to be humorous along the lines of a Adam Sandler movie. You know funny not because of the jokes but because of the sheer stupidity of the presentation. :wavey:

Looking forward to the next big cryfest about Williams fans being disrespectful...:bigcry:

:lol:

servenrichie
May 2nd, 2004, 04:34 PM
Now you have chased him away with your logical reasoning Rocketta.
Why, we were really having fun with him

Rocketta
May 2nd, 2004, 04:42 PM
Now you have chased him away with your logical reasoning Rocketta.
Why, we were really having fun with him
Oh well! :shrug:

akosijepoy
May 2nd, 2004, 04:54 PM
I hope HINGIS will return back to the WtA....

Martian Willow
May 2nd, 2004, 04:56 PM
*...note to self...Americans don't do irony...* :)

hotandspicey
May 2nd, 2004, 06:18 PM
I'm sure she's really inspired by Venus Tier III wins. Uh huh!!!!And Vee took all those tier 3 wins that paid her Tier 1 and tier 2 money,straight TO THE BANK!!!!!!! How much you got?????? :rolleyes: :lol:

DunkMachine
May 2nd, 2004, 06:23 PM
NEWSFLASH:

Hingis & fanbase have just been

X-to-the-izzhttp://img46.photobucket.com/albums/v142/DunkMachine/ownedboob.jpg

hinquit
May 2nd, 2004, 06:57 PM

And can you be sincere to point out specificly the players above Venus whom
she has not played yet. Beside Serena, which player do you have in mind
who is above had Venus not been sidelined for long time.
Venus and Serena have lost so many points which allowed Justine and Kim
to claim those posistions. And if you ask them today, they will tell you that
they are there because the sisters were not there and that totally apply
to many players who are above them today.

Martian Willow
May 2nd, 2004, 07:12 PM
NEWSFLASH:

Hingis & fanbase have just been

X-to-the-izzhttp://img46.photobucket.com/albums/v142/DunkMachine/ownedboob.jpg

...YOU don't own anybody... :)

SJW
May 2nd, 2004, 07:20 PM

11. Zvonareva, Vera RUS 1984
13. Williams, Venus USA 1854

i know it was a simple mistake, but i really have no patience for people who try and discredit players with bullshit facts and poor knowledge :)

jenny161185
May 2nd, 2004, 07:20 PM
Im sorry but ppl complain about ppl complaining about Venus,and then stupid threads like this make Hingis fans annoyed - Martina was talking about how Venus was stuggling which she was.

SJW
May 2nd, 2004, 07:22 PM
oh yea, i know this game

1) ONLY Williams fans do it (we all look the same, talk the same, act the same, hell, we all live at the same address)
2) no disrespect is ever shown to the Williams sisters.

*trying to think of that Sunshine Anderson song* :confused:

emptyhead
May 2nd, 2004, 07:23 PM
Willow said *...note to self...Americans don't do irony...*

lol ever heard of Fallujah

SJW
May 2nd, 2004, 07:24 PM
Im sorry but ppl complain about ppl complaining about Venus,and then stupid threads like this make Hingis fans annoyed - Martina was talking about how Venus was stuggling which she was.
where are you when ppl make stupid threads about the sisters? :confused:

oh right...:)

Cam'ron Giles
May 2nd, 2004, 07:27 PM
oh yea, i know this game

1) ONLY Williams fans do it (we all look the same, talk the same, act the same, hell, we all live at the same address)
2) no disrespect is ever shown to the Williams sisters.

*trying to think of that Sunshine Anderson song* :confused:

Hey babe...Now it's my turn to pout...:mad: :sad:

jenny161185
May 2nd, 2004, 07:29 PM
actually SJW I say the same to those threads - I just couldn t be bothered replying most of the time since they're usually rubbish like this

SJW
May 2nd, 2004, 07:30 PM
actually SJW I say the same to those threads - I just couldn t be bothered replying most of the time since they're usually rubbish like this
ok. so why chose this one? selective reading?

SJW
May 2nd, 2004, 07:32 PM
Hey babe...Now it's my turn to pout...:mad: :sad:
i have no patience for shit today. if they annoy me, i'm gunnin' them down :armed:

Martian Willow
May 2nd, 2004, 07:32 PM
Willow said *...note to self...Americans don't do irony...*

lol ever heard of Fallujah

...hello to you... :wavey: ...I was wondering whether to say 'do' or 'get'... :)

jenny161185
May 2nd, 2004, 07:34 PM
selective reading what are you on about this is a thread bashin Martina when theres no reason to - And I dont see many others

SJW
May 2nd, 2004, 07:36 PM
selective reading what are you on about this is a thread bashin Martina when theres no reason to - And I dont see many others
where? :)

faboozadoo15
May 2nd, 2004, 07:36 PM
i don't really understand the point of this thread... when hingis said "look at venus" when making an example of a top player who is really struggling-- she meant THEN. i have no idea how any of you would have thought martina had meant that venus and her career are over and that she would continue to struggle as so. she was just saying that because of injury, and even though shes back, the wins aren't coming. and that was true at the time.

and even so, i'm a venus fan and i am really not getting my hopes up too too high. it's great that she's stringing wins together, but she's not played serena, justine, clijsters, davenport, jenn.... you can only beat who's in front of you, but i'd get a lot better idea of where she is once she plays one or 2 of those mentioned-- or monica if it's at rg ;)

anyway-- GO VENUS

and im wondering how long the obsession with hingis will last-- she has the boards captivated...

hingis-seles
May 2nd, 2004, 08:17 PM
and im wondering how long the obsession with hingis will last-- she has the boards captivated...
Don't bother trying to figure it out. Some people just cannot seem to let go. And with an enigmatic character like Martina, it can only be expected that she still have a lasting impact on the sport....a year after her retirement. The Williams Sisters are still being compared to her in terms of greatness. :tape:

barmaid
May 2nd, 2004, 08:40 PM
Sorry, but Martina basically admitted in that interview that the real reason, why she is no more playing was because of the contstant whippings she was receiving, even from the "Russians". Time to leave the injury excuse out of the whole thing:tape: :lol:

What a lot of poppy crock..she said no such thing:rolleyes: ....can you even imagine Martina saying that? "Oh! I'm quitting because of constant whippings, even from the Russians":confused: . I don't know what your point is....but to embellish a LIE like that is very disrespectful.:mad: ...Martina has said her decision to quit was not hers but her body's...:sad: Some of the world's top athletes have had their career shortened by injury, Martina is one of them.:worship:

Volcana
May 2nd, 2004, 09:20 PM
boy don't you just love the disrespect shown to Kuznetsova...You know, I didn't interpret the response as disrespectful. Then I looked at the Chase points.
01 2287.00 HENIN-HARDENNE
02 1515.00 DAVENPORT
03 1192.00 CLIJSTERS
04 _945.00 MYSKINA
05 _848.00 KUZNETSOVA
06 _809.00 SCHNYDER
07 _729.00 WILLIAMS, V
08 _726.00 MAURESMO
09 _652.00 DECHY
10 _645.00 FARINA ELIA
11 _629.00 ZVONAREVA
12 _612.00 PETROVA
13 _601.00 ZULUAGA
14 _563.00 DEMENTIEVA
15 _562.00 DANIILIDOU
16 _551.00 WILLIAMS, S
17 _547.00 MARTINEZ
18 _530.00 SPREM
19 _506.00 RAYMOND
20 _480.00 SUAREZTo be honest, I haven't been giving Kuznetsova enough credit. She's the #5 player this season, and that's with only making the 3rd round at OZ.
... when hingis said "look at venus" when making an example of a top player who is really struggling-- she meant THEN. i have no idea how any of you would have thought martina had meant that venus and her career are over and that she would continue to struggle as so. she was just saying that because of injury, and even though shes back, the wins aren't coming. and that was true at the time.The reason I didn't read it that way was then Martina would have essentially been saying she couldn't have dealt with struggling for three or four months before she started beating everyone again. It seemed to me she was using to Venus to illustrate why she (Martina) didn't come back. For that to make any sense, she'd have to be thinking that Venus was never going to return to elite form.

Sorry, but Martina basically admitted in that interview that the real reason, why she is no more playing was because of the contstant whippings she was receiving, even from the "Russians". Time to leave the injury excuse out of the whole thing Could you maybe pull up the article you're talking about? Cause everything I read indicated the problems was she couldn't train as much she used oto, NEEDED to, to be a top player. I certainly haven't read anything about retiring because of losing, as opposed to injury. So if you don't mind, I'll continue to attribute her retirement to her medical conditions.

Until you pull up a quote from Martina that says otherwise, of course.:)

Martian Willow
May 2nd, 2004, 09:31 PM
only making the 3rd round at OZ.
The reason I didn't read it that way was then Martina would have essentially been saying she couldn't have dealt with struggling for three or four months before she started beating everyone again. It seemed to me she was using to Venus to illustrate why she (Martina) didn't come back. For that to make any sense, she'd have to be thinking that Venus was never going to return to elite form.

...no...for it to make sense it would just need to be a relevant example of how difficult it is to come back from injury, which it was at that time... :)

Venus Forever
May 2nd, 2004, 09:38 PM
...says much about Hingis considering she didn't even win a Tier III event, and quit as well.:o

servenrichie
May 2nd, 2004, 10:01 PM
What a lot of poppy crock..she said no such thing:rolleyes: ....can you even imagine Martina saying that? "Oh! I'm quitting because of constant whippings, even from the Russians":confused: . I don't know what your point is....but to embellish a LIE like that is very disrespectful.:mad: ...Martina has said her decision to quit was not hers but her body's...:sad: Some of the world's top athletes have had their career shortened by injury, Martina is one of them.:worship:

barmaid:wavey:Well, this is Martinas interview. Reading between the lines, I saw someone who is afraid of loosing:

http://www.wtaworld.com/ubb/icons/icon11.gif Hingis: Venus Is Struggling, Serena Will Too Upon Her Return
Updated: 08:16 AM EST
Tennis-Williams sisters will struggle, says Hingis

By Barry Wood, Reuters

DUBAI, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Former world number one Martina Hingis believes the Williams sisters will struggle to make an impact on their return to tennis and Serena's continued absence is the reason Venus has failed to make an impression so far.

"People ask me about a comeback, but look at Venus. I don't want to end up like that even if I was healthy. The train is moving fast," said the Swiss winner of five grand slam single titles, who is in Dubai to conduct some coaching clinics.

"Venus hasn't shown anything right now. What makes them strong is if they're together, but for one alone it's difficult."

Venus, who returned to competitive action in January after six months out injured, failed to go beyond the third round of the Australian Open, then played just one match at the Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo before withdrawing with a knee injury.

She pulled out of the Antwerp Diamond Games earlier this month and, clearly still not fit, the 23-year-old was beaten in the quarter-finals of the Dubai Open on Thursday by Svetlana Kuznetsova.

Serena has not played since winning her sixth grand slam singles title at Wimbledon last July, following a knee operation.

MISSES GAME

Hingis retired from top flight tennis in October 2002, at the age of 22, after being plagued by injuries.

She says she misses the game, but the blow has been softened by her continued involvement at other levels, including commentating.

"If I wasn't around I'd miss it more, but it's still nice to be a part of it and integrated with the game," she said.

"On the other hand, there's still the travel. But now I don't have to be physically 100 percent and I can sleep in. I don't miss the travel, but I can't stay home for more than one month. I need to leave."

The 24-year-old is still unable to play for any length of time without feeling discomfort.

"It's nice to have the luxury that's it's really not a must for me to play and go out there with pain," she said.

"I still work out a little bit and do what I can, like running. That's very limited, but I do horseback riding. It keeps you in shape more than you'd think.

"It's all restricted times. Usually after half an hour I'm in pain and I stop. Now I don't have to push it to the limits and walk like I'm on nails.

"I can start my own life doing things that I want to do, and also be able to pay for it. I'm not like a student that has to struggle for the rent. We've got a new house and we've decorated it. It's my first house, in Zurich on the lake.

"I'm refurbishing. I did all the new carpets and the floorings. I'd like to get married and have children sometime, but sometimes I feel I'm a child myself so it's a little early yet."

02/28/04 08:14 ET

Copyright 2004 Reuters Limited

Martian Willow
May 2nd, 2004, 10:37 PM
...she didn't say she would end up like that even if she was healthy, dumbass... :)

Volcana
May 2nd, 2004, 10:54 PM
"People ask me about a comeback, but look at Venus. I don't want to end up like that even if I was healthy. The train is moving fast," [quote]

[QUOTE=Willow]...no...for it to make sense it would just need to be a relevant example of how difficult it is to come back from injury, which it was at that time... :)Makes total sense. Wouldn't wanna end up winning Charleston or Warsaw.

Just 'look at Venus' :)

barmaid
May 2nd, 2004, 10:57 PM
Well, this is Martinas interview. Reading between the lines, I saw someone who is afraid of loosing:

servenrichie, Well thanks for printing the interview....proof positive that she said nothing of what you posted..instead of admitting that you were in error to "read between the lines" and should be apologizing for your "vivid imagination"....I might say you're a bit of a "loser" yourself...losing is spelt with one "o"!!:rolleyes:

Volcana
May 2nd, 2004, 10:58 PM
Well, this is Martinas interview. Reading between the lines, I saw someone who is afraid of loosing:
'reading between the lines' is all too often just a way of pretending they said what you wanted them to say. Reading the actual lines often tells youwhat people really meant.

faboozadoo15
May 2nd, 2004, 11:18 PM
[quote]"People ask me about a comeback, but look at Venus. I don't want to end up like that even if I was healthy. The train is moving fast," [quote]

Makes total sense. Wouldn't wanna end up winning Charleston or Warsaw.

well if that's all thats gonna be great about her comeback, then that would be a step down for both martina and venus (charleston and warsaw)

Martian Willow
May 2nd, 2004, 11:27 PM
'reading between the lines' is all too often just a way of pretending they said what you wanted them to say. Reading the actual lines often tells youwhat people really meant.

...especially when dealing with someone like Martina, who always says exactly what she means... :)

harloo
May 2nd, 2004, 11:29 PM
People ask me about a comeback, but look at Venus. I don't want to end up like that even if I was healthy. The train is moving fast," said the Swiss winner of five grand slam single titles, who is in Dubai to conduct some coaching clinics.

I mean their is no way of disputing the intent of Martina's statement about Venus's struggle. I lost some respect for Hingis because you would think after all these years of playing the sisters she would of matured. It's very obvious too me that Martina is somewhat bitter and scorn about how she exited the tour. I thought she was good for the game personally, but she did not have to try to knock Venus and Serena while they were down. It's ok though, both sisters will prove her and the naysayers wrong.

Try to analyze it all you want, the statement still comes off as malicious.

Martian Willow
May 2nd, 2004, 11:29 PM
[quote]"People ask me about a comeback, but look at Venus. I don't want to end up like that even if I was healthy. The train is moving fast," [quote]

Makes total sense. Wouldn't wanna end up winning Charleston or Warsaw.

...I assumed you'd understand what I meant by 'relevant'...Venus was struggling at the time Martina made those comments... :)

Martian Willow
May 2nd, 2004, 11:30 PM
People ask me about a comeback, but look at Venus. I don't want to end up like that even if I was healthy. The train is moving fast," said the Swiss winner of five grand slam single titles, who is in Dubai to conduct some coaching clinics.

I mean their is no way of disputing the intent of Martina's statement about Venus's struggle. I lost some respect for Hingis because you would think after all these years of playing the sisters she would of matured. It's very obvious too me that Martina is somewhat bitter and scorn about how she exited the tour. I thought she was good for the game personally, but she did not have to try to knock Venus and Serena while they were down. It's ok though, both sisters will prove her and the naysayers wrong.

Try to analyze it all you want, the statement still comes off as malicious.

...and what have you got to be bitter about, harloo...? :sad:

harloo
May 2nd, 2004, 11:34 PM
...and what have you got to be bitter about, harloo...? :sad:
You come off as a fan who supports Martina blindly. I have no reason to be bitter, I just state the truth. Obviously some folks don't like that (such as yourself) but this is just a message board.;) :)

Martian Willow
May 2nd, 2004, 11:40 PM
You come off as a fan who supports Martina blindly. I have no reason to be bitter, I just state the truth. Obviously some folks don't like that (such as yourself) but this is just a message board.;) :)

...and what makes your appraisal of my motives any more likely to be accurate than mine of yours...or yours of Martinas'...? :)

harloo
May 2nd, 2004, 11:48 PM
...and what makes your appraisal of my motives any more likely to be accurate than mine of yours...or yours of Martinas'...? :)
Martina's statement concerning the state of Venus's game proves that Martina is still bitter. They did have a heated rivalry, but at this point I would of thought Martina would refrain from the childish comments. I thought she was a great player and beautiful to watch, but I still think she has a potty mouth like she always had. It's such a shame.

Also, my interpretation of your motives simply were based on your refusal to acknowledge that her classless comments were simply out of line. I call that blindly supporting someone regardless of what they do(kind of like what Bush fanatics do).

I guess you have a right to question my motives, that's fine. I don't have a problem with it at all. :D :)

Martian Willow
May 2nd, 2004, 11:55 PM
...Martina, in her capacity as a commentator, commented that Venus was struggling when Venus was struggling...and that proves she's bitter...?...OK...but that makes you sound like a fan who...oh never mind... :)

tennisfun
May 2nd, 2004, 11:59 PM
...especially when dealing with someone like Martina, who always says exactly what she means... :)That's because Martina is a retard. LOL

Martian Willow
May 3rd, 2004, 12:02 AM
That's because Martina is a retard. LOL

...she's a retard with $60million in the bank...

:)

TSequoia01
May 3rd, 2004, 12:14 AM
I donot know if Martina's intent was malicious, but she could have seasoned her words a bit better. Her inference with regards to Vee, implied she would never make it back to her prior form. She had no way of knowing that. :cool:

tennischick
May 3rd, 2004, 12:18 AM
A few months back you had the balls to use Venus as an excuse why you would never return to the tour...I think part of the quote was..."look at Venus"... Well missy...look at her now...Maybe you will be inspired to come back and play...:oHingis said this a few months back? can someone post the interview? i am seriously curious to read Hingis' original words.

and i hope Hingis never ever returns to tennis. the hate was bad enuf the first time around. :o

davenport_1
May 3rd, 2004, 12:20 AM
I lost IQ points by reading this post.....I'm losing even more by typing this...eeep!

Volcana
May 3rd, 2004, 12:58 AM
and i hope Hingis never ever returns to tennis.
I don't tink there's any danger of that. Remember, the last time Martina beat an elite player, AND won the tournament, was Sydney 2001. (I know Seles and Clijsters fans might argue about that.) She played almost two full years after that before retiring. To return to NEAR the top, she'd have to be better than she ever had been. As she herself said, 'the train moves fast'.

Ballbuster
May 3rd, 2004, 01:24 AM
Hingis: Venus Is Struggling, Serena Will Too Upon Her Return
Updated: 08:16 AM EST
Tennis-Williams sisters will struggle, says Hingis

By Barry Wood, Reuters

DUBAI, Feb 28 (Reuters) - Former world number one Martina Hingis believes the Williams sisters will struggle to make an impact on their return to tennis and Serena's continued absence is the reason Venus has failed to make an impression so far.

"People ask me about a comeback, but look at Venus. I don't want to end up like that even if I was healthy. The train is moving fast," said the Swiss winner of five grand slam single titles, who is in Dubai to conduct some coaching clinics.

"Venus hasn't shown anything right now. What makes them strong is if they're together, but for one alone it's difficult."

02/28/04 08:14 ET

Copyright 2004 Reuters Limited

Martina was throwing a Dagger! She was trying to make sense of Venus' return in February as if it was something she wouldn't do because she can't take losing. Servienriche is right. She is someone who can't take losing which is why she QUIT!.

Volcano just posted that she hasn't beaten anyone of prominence since 2001. She can't take fact that the train left her in the station. She thought Venus wouldn't be able to catch it. Yet, Venus has caught the train and now Venus is in the drivers seat.

Harloo is correct, Martina is still bitter.

I'm glad she's embittered. She's still the same venomous critter with too much time on her hands and has not grown.

and she is just plan wrong in saying Venus and Serena needed each other to exist. Venus has won 2 tournaments and 2 Fed Cup matches without Serana. Martina doesn't know what she's talking about. period.

barmaid
May 3rd, 2004, 03:22 AM
I don't tink there's any danger of that. Remember, the last time Martina beat an elite player, AND won the tournament, was Sydney 2001. (I know Seles and Clijsters fans might argue about that.) She played almost two full years after that before retiring. To return to NEAR the top, she'd have to be better than she ever had been. As she herself said, 'the train moves fast'.

In your attempt to "belittle" Martina's career...and BTW I am disgusted with the way this thread is going...she won Sydney 2002....she was a finalist at the Australian Open (which she should have won) and went on to win in Tokyo....I'll jog your memory...Martina had ankle surgery in May of 2002....attempted to come back in August at the Canadian Open and subsequently lost in every tournament until October knowing full well that she came back too early..had no mobility on the court and knew her game and her physical condition was in big trouble. :sad: She did not play at all in 2003...so her demise occurred after her first ankle surgery in October of 2001....came back to be a finalist at AO and won two other tournaments...she also was a finalist at IW (another one she should have won) ...yes, Martina's comments have got her in trouble...but she made them at a time when Venus was struggling and could certainly relate to that frustration....what she should not have included was the statement about comparing herself to Venus's health and about the "train moving too fast"....that was a premature statement and an unfair comment at the time!:tape:

Volcana
May 3rd, 2004, 03:48 AM
...and she is just plan wrong in saying Venus and Serena needed each other to exist. Venus has won 2 tournaments and 2 Fed Cup matches without Serana.Suppose, just SUPPOSE, you read that sentence to mean that Venus and Serena need each other to PRACTICE against. They rarely ever play the same tournaments, outside the slams, so that interpretation of her statement makes a lot of sense. Martina certainly didn't mean they needed each other AT THE SAME tournaments. The fact that they so rarely payed the same events was a matter of comment and complaint for YEARS onthe tour. Most of the time they don't even travel with each other if they aren't both playing.

So Venus comes back from a six-month 'injury time-out'. Serena's still on the shelf with the knee.

Venus can't even beat a top THIRTY player. Venus is my favorite player, but that's the facts, jack.

Then Serena comes back, only she HAS Venus to practice against. And now Venus has Serena. And what happens?

Serena wins Miami
Venus wins Charleston
Venus wins two Fed Cup
Venus wins Warsaw

Now, I happen to think Martina was implying something psychological. But Ihave no proof of that. Taking the literal interpretation of her words, once they were both back on the tour, suddenly they were winning everything again.

Martina doesn't know what she's talking about. period.Put aside your dislike for Martina, and you'll see it looks like she DOES know what she's talking about.

cathy r.
May 3rd, 2004, 04:06 AM
I agree that Hingis doesn't know what she's talking about. Her comment re Venus revealed, as usual, her total lack of class and completely narcissistic personality. Wait a minute--perhaps she does know what she's talking about when she says she still feels like a child--could that possibly be because she still acts and talks like one?

Martian KC
May 3rd, 2004, 04:22 AM
Classless. Just classless.

DeDe4925
May 3rd, 2004, 04:34 AM
Yeah and guess what you're no better actually you're worse cause while you're sitting on your throne you're doing the same thing. At least Williams fans don't pretend to care for players they don't care about. Oh don't get me wrong I don't give a rat's ass if you disrespect Kuznetsova.. I say keep up the good work. You're just displaying what I've and many others knew all along. You are full of shit with your indignation and at the first opportunity you are out there disrespecting players to suit your purpose. I really remember a Williams fan called Kuznetsova, Kuzwhatever her name is or something and people were all up in arms and looky looky. The morality police was in here doing the same thing. :hehehe:

Not to mention downgrading two tournaments. I find it to be humorous along the lines of a Adam Sandler movie. You know funny not because of the jokes but because of the sheer stupidity of the presentation. :wavey:

Looking forward to the next big cryfest about Williams fans being disrespectful...:bigcry:

:worship: :worship: :worship:
Simply genius

SerialKiller#69
May 3rd, 2004, 05:33 AM
Why this bitter?
Lighten up, Venus just added another title to her list of impressive titles:lol:
Huh? Congrats to her but where was I bitter about anything.:dance:

SerialKiller#69
May 3rd, 2004, 05:38 AM
Yes most Williams fans, or at least the most vocal ones, are disrespectful. I don't have to convince you about it.Ask the fans Daniela, JenCap, Lindsay, Kournikova,Navratilova,Hingis, etc. Where in my post did you see that I seem to feign caring for Kuznetsova. I just brought up the ignorance/hyprocrisy in your post trying to equate 'disrespect' in some posts when you can't even call the original poster for its disrespect to Hingis. :wavey:

And have a good day.:dance:

Yeah and guess what you're no better actually you're worse cause while you're sitting on your throne you're doing the same thing. At least Williams fans don't pretend to care for players they don't care about. Oh don't get me wrong I don't give a rat's ass if you disrespect Kuznetsova.. I say keep up the good work. You're just displaying what I've and many others knew all along. You are full of shit with your indignation and at the first opportunity you are out there disrespecting players to suit your purpose. I really remember a Williams fan called Kuznetsova, Kuzwhatever her name is or something and people were all up in arms and looky looky. The morality police was in here doing the same thing. :hehehe:

Cam'ron Giles
May 3rd, 2004, 05:45 AM
I commend you for speaking the truth about your fave...I agree...:worship:

Cam'ron Giles
May 3rd, 2004, 05:47 AM
when you can't even call the original poster for its disrespect to Hingis. :wavey:

Disrespect to Hingis? :confused:

I caught her with her foot in her mouth and I'm disrespectful? :rolleyes:

SerialKiller#69
May 3rd, 2004, 05:52 AM
I assume her fave must be a Williams fan for the statement to make sense.:confused:

servenrichie
May 3rd, 2004, 07:32 AM

servenrichie
May 3rd, 2004, 07:35 AM
...she didn't say she would end up like that even if she was healthy, dumbass... :)Seeing as you are trying to convince somebody of what she might have meant, you understood exactly what she meant, but the venom in your veins wont allow you to see any truth, even when it bites your ass, scum;)

servenrichie
May 3rd, 2004, 07:40 AM
servenrichie, Well thanks for printing the interview....proof positive that she said nothing of what you posted..instead of admitting that you were in error to "read between the lines" and should be apologizing for your "vivid imagination"....I might say you're a bit of a "loser" yourself...losing is spelt with one "o"!!:rolleyes:

barmaid:wavey:The loser spelt with one "o" should be the fucking idiot you are, who should be apologising, that once again, Martina has been caught with her foot in her mouth. Instead of insulting people, say for once she was wrong and the diss was uncalled for, then move on.
I swear Martina retired from tennis and left so many "orphaned" and malfunctioning programmes in this case "posters", who are still dazed and confused. They lash out to everyone. Jeez, people wake up:tape: :lol:

servenrichie
May 3rd, 2004, 07:44 AM
well if that's all thats gonna be great about her comeback, then that would be a step down for both martina and venus (charleston and warsaw)Yea, but you, I, Venus or MArtina dont know this. What we konw is a woman who came back from injury and has been struggling to get her game back. Somebody who should have empathy for her cause, is the person who is dissing her, especially when it becomes obvious that the real reason, she is staying way is because the "train is moving fast":p

servenrichie
May 3rd, 2004, 07:47 AM
...she's a retard with $60million in the bank...

:)Oh come off that, she is not the only one with stacked cash in the bank. I assume you ran out of arguments and had to bring that one in right. Martinas fans logic.:rolleyes:

BTW, it would do her a lot of good to take part of that money and buy some class, she doesnt know the meaning of that word even if it bites her in the ass:tape:

servenrichie
May 3rd, 2004, 07:52 AM
...yes, Martina's comments have got her in trouble...but she made them at a time when Venus was struggling and could certainly relate to that frustration....what she should not have included was the statement about comparing herself to Venus's health and about the "train moving too fast"....that was a premature statement and an unfair comment at the time!:tape:

barmaid:wavey:So after squirming around in your shit and insulting people, you still ended up agreeing that she was wrong?:o
There is still hope for some of you afterall:)

servenrichie
May 3rd, 2004, 07:53 AM
Huh? Congrats to her but where was I bitter about anything.:dance:In your tirades in the other page. I guess you had not taken your pills then. Its okay;)

servenrichie
May 3rd, 2004, 07:54 AM
Disrespect to Hingis? :confused:

I caught her with her foot in her mouth and I'm disrespectful? :rolleyes:
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Robbie.
May 3rd, 2004, 08:09 AM
I love Martina Hingis, but her comments on this topic were unneccessary and ultimately will be proven wrong (they are in the process of being proven wrong).

Sure Venus was going to have some rust, but her injury, unlike Hingis', was not permament and it was a given that once she got sufficient matchplay she would bounce back from it.

Martina wastes so many words talking about how she is not at all resentful of the cards she has been dealt, but some of the things she says really reveal her bitterness. And why shouldn't she be bitter? All her life she was groomed to be a tennis champion and for a couple of years she was undisputed queen of the tour. THEN two precocious sisters come on tour and engage with her in a power struggle for two or three years and eventually shut her out of the GS winners circle. THEN at 22 she sustains a career ending injury. THEN to rub salt into her wounds, within months of her retirement, she watches on helplessly as both Williams Sisters disappear from the tour for six months and as a belgian waif, half as talented as she is, marches away with three GS crowns, beginning with the one she coveted the most. She has every right to be BITTER, anyone with her talent who has been placed in her position would be.

That said, I would rather her talk frankly (one of her best qualities) about her feelings than take petty snipes like this. But those who are getting stuck into the girl over these comments should really think about how they would feel in her position, exercise a little empathy or alternatively build a bridge and GET OVER IT. Just be happy that your faves are still playing while Martina isn't. It's not like the Williams Sisters have never said anything stupid. :rolleyes:

SerialKiller#69
May 3rd, 2004, 09:41 AM
In your tirades in the other page. I guess you had not taken your pills then. Its okay;)
No girl. I guess it's just an obsession of yours.

Now go back to your cage and lock yourself.:dance:

Ballbuster
May 3rd, 2004, 12:55 PM
I love Martina Hingis, but her comments on this topic were unneccessary and ultimately will be proven wrong (they are in the process of being proven wrong).

Sure Venus was going to have some rust, but her injury, unlike Hingis', was not permament and it was a given that once she got sufficient matchplay she would bounce back from it.

Martina wastes so many words talking about how she is not at all resentful of the cards she has been dealt, but some of the things she says really reveal her bitterness. And why shouldn't she be bitter? All her life she was groomed to be a tennis champion and for a couple of years she was undisputed queen of the tour. THEN two precocious sisters come on tour and engage with her in a power struggle for two or three years and eventually shut her out of the GS winners circle. THEN at 22 she sustains a career ending injury. THEN to rub salt into her wounds, within months of her retirement, she watches on helplessly as both Williams Sisters disappear from the tour for six months and as a belgian waif, half as talented as she is, marches away with three GS crowns, beginning with the one she coveted the most. She has every right to be BITTER, anyone with her talent who has been placed in her position would be.

That said, I would rather her talk frankly (one of her best qualities) about her feelings than take petty snipes like this. But those who are getting stuck into the girl over these comments should really think about how they would feel in her position, exercise a little empathy or alternatively build a bridge and GET OVER IT. Just be happy that your faves are still playing while Martina isn't. It's not like the Williams Sisters have never said anything stupid. :rolleyes:

Thanks Rob, I feel your honesty. However, bitterness and envy are not healthy emotions for one to display. It is apparent that Martina has no Acceptance. Acceptance is the key to her emotional illness and until she get some, she will be traumatize from within......and from the looks of it - it may take a long time.

Jamie
May 3rd, 2004, 06:42 PM
To Cameron-Giles, BallSucker (or is it Ballbuster) and the rest of you Hingis bashers. You poor pathetic people need to vent out and get yourself a life. Face it, Martina was a great tennis Champion when she was playing the game. Accept it an live with it.

servenrichie
May 3rd, 2004, 06:45 PM
To Cameron-Giles, BallSucker (or is it Ballbuster) and the rest of you Hingis bashers. You poor pathetic people need to vent out and get yourself a life. Face it, Martina was a great tennis Champion when she was playing the game. Accept it an live with it.Honey, you are the one who has to accept that though she might be a tennis champion, she has no class and suffers from a serious foot-and-mouth disease. Accept it and live with it

Fingon
May 3rd, 2004, 07:47 PM
Seeing as you are trying to convince somebody of what she might have meant, you understood exactly what she meant, but the venom in your veins wont allow you to see any truth, even when it bites your ass , scum;)
BTW, it would do her a lot of good to take part of that money and buy some class, she doesnt know the meaning of that word even if it bites her in the ass

awwww, read that phrase somewhere and you liked it?, maybe if you learn some more of them you will create the illusion of making sense and we will have the illusion that you have a brain.

I almost forgot, I am sure Martina is worried for being called classless by someone as classy as you, as the above quotes show.

Dawn Marie
May 3rd, 2004, 07:55 PM
Well said ROB. Although I think it is time for people to stop making excuses for Hingis's immature behavior/comments . Her comments were stupid and immature, it was like she said them half wishful thinkingthat Vee and Serena would fall so she could feel better about her self.

Hingis, I know the *train is moving fast*, but stop being scared and come back and play. you are not a cripple, you frightend child. Play tennis and shut up. Your game will not move as fast as the train, but you can still get some great wins. And losses. So come backkkkkkkkk SWISS MISS. So Venus can treat you like a caboose.

Cam'ron Giles
May 3rd, 2004, 08:05 PM
I just dont understand why you Hingis fans would be mad...I did not knock her...I did not say anything against her...You all know that she was wrong and you just refuse to admit it...:o Thats not to say that Venus might not lose a few matches...it's tennis...shit happens...but she tried to throw shade at Venus like she did during her entire career but in typical fashion Venus popped her collar, brushed her shoulders off and did her thing leaving Hingis with egg on her face...:o

Dawn Marie
May 3rd, 2004, 08:09 PM
Cam'ron is that egg on her face SUNNYSIDE UP? LMAO:)

Giuliano
May 3rd, 2004, 08:11 PM
Bah, don't you think you attach too much importance to something a tennis player (someone whose opinion has no influence on your lives in any way) said?

DeDe4925
May 3rd, 2004, 08:18 PM
Oh come off that, she is not the only one with stacked cash in the bank. I assume you ran out of arguments and had to bring that one in right. Martinas fans logic.:rolleyes:

BTW, it would do her a lot of good to take part of that money and buy some class, she doesnt know the meaning of that word even if it bites her in the ass:tape:

Dawn Marie
May 3rd, 2004, 08:19 PM
Giuliano...ERR No.

Martian Willow
May 3rd, 2004, 08:19 PM
...just when I thought this thread couldn't get any funnier, Dawn Marie pops up with her usual insightful intelligence...keep it up people, I love what you do...

Bah, don't you think you attach too much importance to something a tennis player (someone whose opinion has no influence on your lives in any way) said?

...obviously they consider Martinas' opinions to be important... :)

servenrichie
May 3rd, 2004, 08:30 PM
awwww, read that phrase somewhere and you liked it?, maybe if you learn some more of them you will create the illusion of making sense and we will have the illusion that you have a brain.

I almost forgot, I am sure Martina is worried for being called classless by someone as classy as you, as the above quotes show.Well, it did made sense enuf for you to reply, little boy:p

Cam'ron Giles
May 3rd, 2004, 08:31 PM
Not more than her fans refusing to accept the fact that she ran away like a scared little girl...:angel:

servenrichie
May 3rd, 2004, 08:31 PM
...just when I thought this thread couldn't get any funnier, Dawn Marie pops up with her usual insightful intelligence...keep it up people, I love what you do...

...obviously they consider Martinas' opinions to be important... :)Shouldnt it be the other way round, seeing that some of you are ready to commit sucide, that anyone dare call Hingis on her foot-and-mouth disease?:tape: :lol:

Giuliano
May 3rd, 2004, 08:32 PM
Not more than her fans refusing to accept the fact that she ran away like a scared little girl...:angel:
Eh? :confused:

Cam'ron Giles
May 3rd, 2004, 08:33 PM
Eh? :confused:
Eh? :confused: Tag you're it...:lol:

Giuliano
May 3rd, 2004, 08:36 PM
Eh? :confused: Tag you're it...:lol:
:kiss:

I'm not one of these fans. I don't get my panties in a bunch over something like that.

Cam'ron Giles
May 3rd, 2004, 08:37 PM
You know what it is...When she made that comment, most of you who would rather see Venus dead than win a tournament giggled and pretty much agreed with her...You all wrote Venus off and the comment from Ms. Hingis was validation that you wont have to worry about Venus again...She was proven wrong, you all were proven wrong...:p

Cam'ron Giles
May 3rd, 2004, 08:37 PM

I'm not one of these fans. I don't get my panties in a bunch over something like that.
:kiss: Panties hey...pretty and pink I hope...:drool:

Fingon
May 3rd, 2004, 08:39 PM
Well, it did made sense enuf for you to reply, little boy:p
bad, bad, bad, you learnt the word "reply" but didn't learn the meaning.

I didn't reply to you, I just comment on your idiocy.

servenrichie
May 3rd, 2004, 08:40 PM

I'm not one of these fans. I don't get my panties in a bunch over something like that.Evidence at hand suggest otherwise. Why dont you quit while just a little behind?:lol:

servenrichie
May 3rd, 2004, 08:43 PM
bad, bad, bad, you learnt the word "reply" but didn't learn the meaning.

I didn't reply to you, I just comment on your idiocy.So is this post comment or reply. Boy, you could strangle your yourself with your own idiocy. Common on, I am enjoying seeing you squirm in your own dirt:tape: :lol:

Fingon
May 3rd, 2004, 08:44 PM
So is this post comment or reply. Boy, you could strangle your yourself with your own idiocy. Common on, I am enjoying seeing you squirm in your own dirt:tape: :lol:
keep enjoying it, in fact you bore me to dead, stupidity is funny for a few seconds but then it turns really boring, so keep talking trash all you want

:wavey:

Cam'ron Giles
May 3rd, 2004, 08:47 PM
So is this post comment or reply. Boy, you could strangle your yourself with your own idiocy. Common on, I am enjoying seeing you squirm in your own dirt:tape: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

servenrichie
May 3rd, 2004, 08:48 PM
keep enjoying it, in fact you bore me to dead, stupidity is funny for a few seconds but then it turns really boring, so keep talking trash all you want

:wavey:If getting your panties in a bunch is how you behave when you are bored, then I fear what you will do to yourself when you are angry. In any case it makes for good entertainment. I am not bored. Keep it up scum:tape: :lol: :lol:

Giuliano
May 3rd, 2004, 08:51 PM
:kiss: Panties hey...pretty and pink I hope...:drool:
Pretty and clean but not pink, no.

barmaid
May 3rd, 2004, 08:56 PM
Classy quotes by Servenrichie, "Scum, shit, ass, fucking idiot" and he had the idiocy to call somebody else "classless." :eek: Besides having a gutter mouth, he also invents quotes because he has the rare ability to "read between the lines" and of course we're supposed to believe the garbage he invents!!:rolleyes:

Martian Willow
May 3rd, 2004, 08:57 PM
Shouldnt it be the other way round, seeing that some of you are ready to commit sucide, that anyone dare call Hingis on her foot-and-mouth disease?:tape: :lol:

...you're right...every time I read one of your posts I want to kill myself... :crying2:

servenrichie
May 3rd, 2004, 09:00 PM
...you're right...every time I read one of your posts I want to kill myself... :crying2:Please, please would you do me the favour:tape: :lol:

servenrichie
May 3rd, 2004, 09:03 PM
Classy quotes by Servenrichie, "Scum, shit, ass, fucking idiot" and he had the idiocy to call somebody else "classless." :eek: Besides having a gutter mouth, he also invents quotes because he has the rare ability to "read between the lines" and of course we're supposed to believe the garbage he invents!!:rolleyes:

barmaid:wavey:You are such a fucking double-faced idiot. Who started the gutter language?
Somebody is beating you at your own game and you cry wolf. Hingis is classless, which you admitted along the line, while squirming in your own shit. Live and deal with it:fiery:

Rocketta
May 3rd, 2004, 09:17 PM
I just dont understand why you Hingis fans would be mad...I did not knock her...I did not say anything against her...You all know that she was wrong and you just refuse to admit it...:o Thats not to say that Venus might not lose a few matches...it's tennis...shit happens...but she tried to throw shade at Venus like she did during her entire career but in typical fashion Venus popped her collar, brushed her shoulders off and did her thing leaving Hingis with egg on her face...:o
and how disrespectful of you to do so.....:wavey:

barmaid
May 3rd, 2004, 10:23 PM
You are such a fucking double-faced idiot. Who started the gutter language?
Somebody is beating you at your own game and you cry wolf. Hingis is classless, which you admitted along the line, while squirming in your own shit. Live and deal with it:fiery:

Well I defy you to find where I used "gutter" language....but I see you have the innate ability to reply time and time again with the same stuff,:rolleyes: further embarassing yourself!!:o

Martian KC
May 4th, 2004, 01:12 AM
Keep making a mockery of yourselves, willifans.:haha: I'm enjoying it!

Cam'ron Giles
May 4th, 2004, 03:50 AM
Keep making a mockery of yourselves, willifans.:haha: I'm enjoying it!
I think the joke is on Martina...and her fans who will never accept the fact that she got her ass kicked right off the tour...:lol:

Rothes
May 4th, 2004, 04:36 AM
Endless Arguing doesn't get you anywhere said the Wise Man of Jerusalem, now lets focus on the next Tennis Sensation!!!

http://www.stucky.ch/Timeanew/Images/Timea_B.jpg

Rothes
May 4th, 2004, 04:38 AM
Isn't she just a Gem!!!!!!!

DunkMachine
May 4th, 2004, 09:29 AM
Endless Arguing doesn't get you anywhere said the Wise Man of Jerusalem, now lets focus on the next Tennis Sensation!!!

http://www.stucky.ch/Timeanew/Images/Timea_B.jpgWho the hell is this, Nerd Of The Rings?! Tell her we ain't interested in her butterfly collection.